Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They are still trying to make Lana look innocent!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clana4Life
    Agreed. Nobody looks innocent on the show. They all look like flawed people who have good intentions but make the wrong decisions sometimes, just like Clark said.
    I completely agree. If they REALLY wanted to make Lana look innocent, they would have done more than have Clark say "I stole a car". Nobody in Smallville is portrayed as "innocent".

Comment

Originally posted by Honey45
      I completely agree. If they REALLY wanted to make Lana look innocent, they would have done more than have Clark say "I stole a car". Nobody in Smallville is portrayed as "innocent".
      I agree.

Comment

The reason why Clark stole the car is more selfish than Lana's crimes that she's committed in Season 7. He went ahead and put on the Red K ring knowing that he'll turn into Kal just so he could feel better about himself. Lana hid Lionel on some island and made Isis so that she could take down the person that has hurt so many people.

Personally, I don't think that Lana should be praised for what she's done at all. Lana's done bad and needs to pay for it. It doesn't help that Clark is always putting the blame on himself for letting Lana turn that way, but at the same time Clark or anyone else for that matter can't act like they haven't sunk down to Lana's level before IMO.
        Again, I ask - when have the other "good" characters tortured people? When have they, when not mind whammied, left people to die? When have they stole millions of dollars? Whe has anyone without the last name Luthor sunk to the levels Lana was at earlier thie season? Examples, please.

Lana did not just hid Lionel away on an island. She attacked him, left him in the care of a crazy person, and almst got him killed. This was after she tortured him in Nemesis, and has confirmed that Lionel was working to protect Clark from Lex. ISIS may be a good thing or a bad thing, but stalking Lex does not seem like something that will go well - I'm willing to wait and see how the story plays out.
        And what was a real hospital going to do? Shove foods with key minerals down Casey's throat in hopes that Brainiac wouldn't eat them up again and become stronger? It wasn't a serious medical condition, though. It was a Kryptonian machine that was eating up all of the minerals in her body like it did to the 10 other homeless men. You never know, Lana can do a lot of things. Even wear glasses.
        IIRC, Brainiac had already left Casey by the time Lana found her. Intervenious nutrition certainly could not have hurt. Now, maybe Lana did have doctors treating Casey at ISIS (more proof that $10 million goes farther than it used to), but all I saw in Gemini was a sick woman alone in a small room. A sick woman who later died under Lana's dubious care.
        When Clark came back he asked Chloe about Brainiac in "Siren" like he did it all by himself and Lana's just lying there. Yet if it weren't for Lana and Bizarro, they never would have known that Brainiac was forming itself. The way that Clark yelled at Lana in the Isis lab, he made it seem like he made a conscious effort to protect her or do anything about her. He could at least say "Thank you" for telling him about it because if it weren't for her, then he wouldn't have any knowledge of Brainiac returning.
        If it wasn't for Lana trying to kill Lex in Wrath, Brainiac never would have been released. Lana found Casey - good on her. But it was Bizarro who figured out she was speaking Kryptonian and Chloe who figured out it was a reboot message. Lana later set up the scenario where Brainaic manipulated everyone into getting himself repaired.[QUOTEHe tortured Lionel in "Phantom" when he held him up against the wall against his will. Clark doesn't really have the time to hold people hostage for months.][/QUOTE]Yes, when Lana set Clark out to kill Lionel, a an she knew was working to protect Clark.

Now, I will be honest - I like Lana when she is a somewhat darker, more complex character. But when the show seems so determined to hold her blameless and innocent, it gets annoying. If Lana owned her mistakes, and the other characters held her accountable, I would not be a frustrated watching Smallville. Clark constantly being broken down (by himself or others) so Lana does not look like she sucks does not help, either. YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by RepairmanBob
          Again, I ask - when have the other "good" characters tortured people? When have they, when not mind whammied, left people to die? When have they stole millions of dollars? Whe has anyone without the last name Luthor sunk to the levels Lana was at earlier thie season? Examples, please.

Lana did not just hid Lionel away on an island. She attacked him, left him in the care of a crazy person, and almst got him killed. This was after she tortured him in Nemesis, and has confirmed that Lionel was working to protect Clark from Lex. ISIS may be a good thing or a bad thing, but stalking Lex does not seem like something that will go well - I'm willing to wait and see how the story plays out.
          Depends on your definition of "good" and how "good" their intentions were made out to be. Like Clark said, "A person can have all the right motives but still do all the wrong things". You probably would count this as an incorrect example, but when Bart was working with Hanison, they probably stole a lot of things that eventually equaled millions of dollars or more.

Lana did do that to him, but the way that Lionel has been holding things over her head, she probably feels she has a right to. When she went to approach Lionel in "Phantom" (a deleted scene) before her car blew up, she asked him if he would let her out from spying on Lex and stuff. She probably believed that she didn't get her revenge, so she wanted to get it back this season after Lionel denied her freedom.

As for seeing how long Isis will run for...I dunno. Lana's constantly saying that she'll do this and do that about it, but you never know...

IIRC, Brainiac had already left Casey by the time Lana found her. Intervenious nutrition certainly could not have hurt. Now, maybe Lana did have doctors treating Casey at ISIS (more proof that $10 million goes farther than it used to), but all I saw in Gemini was a sick woman alone in a small room. A sick woman who later died under Lana's dubious care.
          Lana did try to make some kind of attempt for the other patients. In "Gemini", she said that she didn't want the other patients to be exposed to whatever was in that vile that got destroyed (Brainiac) or Project Scion. Yes, she did die under Lana's care, but IMO she died in honor....maybe not honor, but there's another word I'm looking for...

If it wasn't for Lana trying to kill Lex in Wrath, Brainiac never would have been released. Lana found Casey - good on her. But it was Bizarro who figured out she was speaking Kryptonian and Chloe who figured out it was a reboot message. Lana later set up the scenario where Brainaic manipulated everyone into getting himself repaired.
          Accidents happen is all that Lana can say concerning Brainiac's release. And technically, Clark was the one who opened up Brainiac's container when he smashed it open to get the Green K to take his powers from Lana.

Yes, when Lana set Clark out to kill Lionel, a an she knew was working to protect Clark.

Now, I will be honest - I like Lana when she is a somewhat darker, more complex character. But when the show seems so determined to hold her blameless and innocent, it gets annoying. If Lana owned her mistakes, and the other characters held her accountable, I would not be a frustrated watching Smallville. Clark constantly being broken down (by himself or others) so Lana does not look like she sucks does not help, either. YMMV.
          And that's why Lana's not the only person to blame. Even when Lana's on really bad terms with someone, the other person just puts her on a pedestal and exalts her. Chloe wasn't really talking like she used to with Lana in "Persona" yet she goes and calls her the new and improved version.

I'd like that too if it were to happen. With the writer's strike being practically over, maybe they can do that in Season 8 if Kristin still remains. If not, then so be it.

Honestly, I can't deny the inevitable and say that you're wrong because you're not. I'm most likely the one who's incorrect anyways.

Comment

I thought the whole idea of Clark confessing his previous crimes while on RedK was because of what Lana had said to him earlier at the ISIS foundation. That, he made her feel that she could never live up to his expectations. That he judged her harshly for her imperfections and from a point of seeming moral superiority. He was apologizing and trying to bridge the gap that had formed between them. It was in character for Clark.

Comment

Lana did do that to him, but the way that Lionel has been holding things over her head, she probably feels she has a right to. When she went to approach Lionel in "Phantom" (a deleted scene) before her car blew up, she asked him if he would let her out from spying on Lex and stuff. She probably believed that she didn't get her revenge, so she wanted to get it back this season after Lionel denied her freedom.
              But when did Lionel, on screen, hold anything over Lana's head in season six? Yes, he threatened Clark in Promise, so that Lana would not run off and leave his son with a Dear Lex letter. But after being tortured in nemesis, Lionel revealed he was working to take down Lex and protect Clark. IIRC, Lana never gave Lionel any information and she never acted liked she was threatened or scared of him.

I also disagree that Lionel proactive defense justifies her kidnapping, assault and torture of Lionel in season seven. If Lana felt she had some right to do these things, she is even more screwed up than I thought. Sadly, everyone (including Lionel and Clark) have forgiven her misadventures in violating human rights. After all, Lana must be loved, and Clark stole a car. Who is he to judge her?

Damn, I hate the writers on this show sometimes.
              I thought the whole idea of Clark confessing his previous crimes while on RedK was because of what Lana had said to him earlier at the ISIS foundation. That, he made her feel that she could never live up to his expectations. That he judged her harshly for her imperfections and from a point of seeming moral superiority. He was apologizing and trying to bridge the gap that had formed between them. It was in character for Clark.
              Sadly, I agree. It is completely in character for Clark to kiss Lana's ass, to break himself down, and to hold her blameless and innocent for any and all acts she commits. It is totally in character for Clark to hand his balls over to Lana at the first opportunity. So, I was not surprised at the end of the episode, when Clark brings up stuff he did four years ago and acts like it matches the various crimes Lana has done this season.

But I was definitely disappointed.
              And that's why Lana's not the only person to blame. Even when Lana's on really bad terms with someone, the other person just puts her on a pedestal and exalts her. Chloe wasn't really talking like she used to with Lana in "Persona" yet she goes and calls her the new and improved version.
              I agree with you. If everyone alwayts says how great Lana is, who is she to disagree? This is a meta issue, and a big one IMO. If AlMiles and the writers have every character say how terrific Lana is, and how she cannot be held accountable for her crimes / sins, then is it the fault of the character?

I will say it makes me dislike her more when Lana is treated like a Mary Sue, who everyone loves, is the mst beautiful woman ever, pulls new magic skills (baking! mad hackor skillz! spy!) out of her shiny black hair and can do no wrong. KK can do a lot more than she is usually allowed, and I like Lana more when she is more human. Making a character fallable is not a bad thing, which I wish Smallville realized. Greg House is an ass, Jack Sparrow is a manipulative bastard, Chuck Bartowski is an easily scared nerd - but they are all great characters. Perfect Pink Princess Lana Lang? Not so much. YMMV.
              Last edited by RepairmanBob; 02-10-2008, 10:37 PM.

Comment

I think Lana's speech to Lionel was an intent to redeem herself. She knows what it will take to keep Clark and is trying to do so.

As for Chloe, it seemed clear that Chloe felt Lana is not the same girl they used to know when speaking to Clark. They all seem to realize that Lana doesn't belong on any pedestal.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshadow129x

I hated that "I stole a Lamborghini" line so much. Why? because him stealing a car has nothing on the fact that her and Bizarro left a woman tied down in a lab and, speaking kryptonian and knowing that her bodily metals were drained from. Lana knew she was dying and yet she died because Lana and Bizarro willingly left her body on that table to see whatelse she was talking about. Lana knew better yet Clark is saying he's not perfect? this we know since he has brought about the end of the world so many times on this show, but he never let people die when he knew he could keep them alive. what he did has nothing to do with what she did so why does he think what she did is justified? he should have let her leave. He should have said he stole the car but it had nothnig to do with what she did because she let the woman die. I mean come on, you aren't a doctor nor do you have doctors on your staff yet you continued to leave the woman laying there? I hate how they do this relaitonship!!! it's ruining the Clark Kent character.
                  I completely agree. How in the world can he think that stealing a laborghini is anywhere near comparable to what Lana has done this season??? I hated that line equally as much as you. They are not comparable at all, but that is basically what you stated here: (a post I loved by the way)

clark made her look innocent by what he said, saying he wasnty perfect this we know but she let someone die! there is no justification for what she did. at all. i wouldnt forgive anyone that knew they had a hand in keeping someone alive but let them lay there. i mean i can understnad if you wetre in shock and couldnt do anything but this was different. they KNEW she was dying and they continued to study her! theres no justifying that even if you stole a 200,000 dollar car
                  Originally posted by LoisJoanneKent
                  Lana is perfect in Clark's eyes! He doesn't see her for the massively damaged woman she is. She's got some serious mental issues that Clark is oblivious to.
                  LOL Not a big surprise considering that he dated Alicia. I think he has some sort of inability to notice psycho head cases!!!!
                  Last edited by SweetOne; 02-11-2008, 02:07 PM.

Comment

If this woman's brain is gone, then she can't be saved anyways. Sure she could have been taken to a hospital, for what, the hospital to put her on life support, and survive without any brain activity, much like we saw of Duncan.

Clark was upset with Lana because she only tells the truth when she is forced into it. He was also upset that she would tell Bizarro and not him.

Lana can not be blamed for this woman's death. She only kept this woman from a brainless life-support situation. She died as a result of something Brainiac did, not something Lana did.

Clark knows he's not perfect, and from the Oliver/Lois situation knows that not everyone could handle not only his secret but his activities. This was Clark's last ditch effort to have Lana in his life. He just has to realize that things will not change and she'll continue to disappoint him. That she doesn't learn from her mistakes.

Comment

I hated that "I stole a Lamborghini" line so much. Why? because him stealing a car has nothing on the fact that her and Bizarro left a woman tied down in a lab and, speaking kryptonian and knowing that her bodily metals were drained from. Lana knew she was dying and yet she died because Lana and Bizarro willingly left her body on that table to see whatelse she was talking about. Lana knew better yet Clark is saying he's not perfect? this we know since he has brought about the end of the world so many times on this show, but he never let people die when he knew he could keep them alive. what he did has nothing to do with what she did so why does he think what she did is justified? he should have let her leave. He should have said he stole the car but it had nothnig to do with what she did because she let the woman die. I mean come on, you aren't a doctor nor do you have doctors on your staff yet you continued to leave the woman laying there? I hate how they do this relaitonship!!! it's ruining the Clark Kent character.
                      I agree, she is a grown woman, she knows what she does is wrong.

Comment

I don't see what's wrong in holding the woman knowing it's not reversable and modern medicine can do nothing for her, it was bad, don't get me wrong, but it's not like they infected her and killed her.

I personally think Clark was way to uptight that she didn't notice the difference between them since Martian the Manhunter said he wanted his life and the fact nobody else noticed either, except Chloe by the attitude ajustment but Chloe truely loves him so she would defenatly know.

I wonder if it's what Lional said in 7x5 "Action" that Lana dosen't love him, she was just looking for retribution. Anyways when she gets out of her catatonic state she will know first hand what she did was wrong.

Comment

I wonder what happened with this woman's body after she died. Did Lana wrap it in a plastic bag and send it to the family with a note attached to the toe that said 'I'm sorry for your loss, we did everything we could but she was already catatonic'?

I don't know how it works in the US, but in my country, not taking someone to the hospital, denying them of the appropriate care and not reporting their death to the authorities is a crime. But I’m sure Lana came up with a damned good explanation when she sent the body to the morgue. Unless she left the corps in an empty alley for someone else to find it, or faked a death certificate and buried the poor girl under a false name, or maybe she just destroyed all evidence of this woman’s existence so no one would ask any questions later. I’m sure that her people at Isis are very loyal and kept the truth what happened to themselves, too. That’s why I love Smallville, all these technicalities are always overlooked for the sake of the plotline and people can get away even after committing serious crimes, just like that diplomatic immunity crap they gave us in ‘Exposed’.

But, in Lana’s defence I must say, how can she think rationally after spending the night with Bizarro? I know I would have my judgement somehow altered if a hottie like him is keeping me warm in bed. I wouldn’t notice either that my boyfriend, who is supposed to be sun powered, stayed indoors for over a month, did his chores during the night and stopped searching for his only family (who happens to be an indestructible kryptonian just like him) without even seriously trying. Really, I would overlook all those tiny little details if that means I'm having passionate sex with this improved/more affectionate/understanding version of Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by LoisJoanneKent
                            Lana is perfect in Clark's eyes! He doesn't see her for the massively damaged woman she is. She's got some serious mental issues that Clark is oblivious to.

...lol

I thought I was the only one to notice this with her..she's kinda creepy.

Comment

i hate clana :/

Comment

i think they've both made their share of mistakes
                                i mean come on nobodys perfect

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎