No announcement yet.

What did you hate about Siren?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alienkinfolk
    I didn't like the fact that Lois, who is so into Grant completely did not know or inquire about his where abouts.
    Seems NOBODY, other than Lex, Lionel, and Lana....knows about Grant's demise.
    WHY would Lois, who was NOT (they broke up, remember?) all that into Grant (used him to forget Ollie) per the convo w/ CK in Siren, be even thinking about Grant with Ollie in town ?

Comment

Clark begging Lana to stay at the end. What the Hell Clark? Let her leave already

Comment

Im not sure if Lois was going to get back together with Oliver or not but I did dislike the idea that she might. This girl honestly is starting to come off a lil skanky with her jumping from guy to guy so easily. It would have been fine to contemplate getting back with him if she didnt do that stupid affair with Grant. I liked Lois*Oliver together even though they aren't meant to be; I just hate how this show is portraying Lois. But I ended up voting for the Clark begging Lana to stay, I am so sick of those two its not even funny. Clark is officially an idiot and needs to stay his but in Smallville for the rest of his life. I swear this idiot has a lobotomy after everytime Lana does something stupid.
        BTW I also was wondering why neither Clark nor Oliver mentioned CLark's promise to join the team when he was done with the Phantoms. Maybe Clark dropped him a postcard that said he was too busy shaking up with Lana to care.

Comment

Im not sure if Lois was going to get back together with Oliver or not but I did dislike the idea that she might. This girl honestly is starting to come off a lil skanky with her jumping from guy to guy so easily.
          I would never call Lois Skanky. I think she's more real. At least someone is getting laid on this show. I mean seriously, no one said that about Lex when he was getting his freak on every other episode. Now everyone is all virginal for some unrealistic reason. I think that Lois is like anyone else in the real world. She did leave enough time between Oliver and Grant before starting up with grant. But when Oliver came back it was like a life preserver. Someone she was desperatley in love with before came back, she found out his secret. Not to mention that she is getting over what happened to grant. I think it makes total sense that they would get back together. However it's probably not going to happen because I don't think the green arrow will be a regular member of the show. But I hope so.

Comment

whats BC?

Comment

bc = because

Comment

Voted for Grant/Lois etc. I also hated the canary's costume.

Comment

Siren would have been the perfect time for a Clana end, but nooooooo. That was the worst ending, esspecially since we got teased with a Clana breakup the episode before. I guess we'll still have to endure the relationship that just won't die. The Clana is like the terminator, you shoot it and toss it in flames but it keeps coming back for you. Scary.

Other than that, the canary costume was bad and the Lois and Ollie reunion. Although I liked the Lollie at the end when she told him she can't deal with a dual identity relationship. She won't be able to deal with it until she finds the right person, so that was nice. Also, it was really cool to see why exactly she is not into being a hero's girlfriend because she has major abandonement issues with her father. It was really great to see that she understands fully that a hero can never fully belong ot any one person. This also shows why Clark is so reluctant to revele to her that he is Superman. Completly understandable. Also, the little foreshadowing comment at the end from Oliver about time going backwards and the earth opening up, was really great.

Best moment of the episode was the Clois hug.

Comment

Clark begging Lana to stay at the end.

i hate lana.... well i hate clana ... not lana

Comment

It looks like I'm in the minority on this poll, but I wish we'd learned more about the Black Canary and who Dinah really was as a person, what her real motivations were, etc. She got the least amount of airtime and backstory compared to the other guest-star heroes they've brought in, i.e. Impulse, Cyborg, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, and of course, Green Arrow.

--SGuthrie ><>' --

P.S. Of course, the way Clark begged Lana to stick around wasn't all that pleasant for me either.

Comment

I hated Lois using Grant's name in the same breath as Oliver's when she was crying on Clark's shoulder about her final breakup with Oliver. She is in love with Oliver for Christ's sake so she should be crying over him but Grant, NO WAY!!!
                        Never did she mention the L (ove) word to anyone when she talked about or to Grant. This was one of the problem's I had with watching the Grant/Lois (ie, Grois) relationship develop. After the first couple of episodes that introduced Grant, practically every time you saw Lois and Grant together, they were making out (From the end of Wrath, to Blue, and then Gemini). Very little talking but a lot of kissing. And when they talked, nothing of any substance was said. But at no time was love, caring, or any other intimate expletive used.

After this episode, I put Lois in the same category as Lana. I hated how her character was being developed. And it wasn't because she isn't allowed to have physical relationships with guys who are not named Clark. It was because she picked an arrogant, SOB who was only put into the Daily Planet to keep her from writing any stories about Lex. And she was so dumb, she didn't even realize it. Never questioned Grant's real motive for killing her Lex stories. How could she fall for the line that Grant didn't want her to write about Lex for her own protection because he cared so much for her. C'mon, since when does Lois need any protection from anyone. If Clark had said that, she would have laughed in his face and wrote the story anyway.

Another point, she carried on her relationship with Grant, in secret, even lying to Chloe about breaking up with him. Lied to her best friend, her cousin whom she thinks of as sister. The same cousin who Grant made derogatory remarks to, in front of Lois when they first met. Was Lois that ambitious that she overlooked how Chloe was treated by Grant or was it that she was just so desperate to get in his pants.

Her lying. her sneaking around, her having an affair with her boss, a Luthor clone, was the final straw for me. SV was still my favorite show and I stuck around to see Clark become Superman but Lois Lane became one of my least favorite characters. And that really hurt me because I loved ED's portrayal of Lois so this rant is an indictment against TPTB.

FYI, for anyone who believes that Lois was not sleeping with Grant, listen to the commentary for "Siren" on S7's DVD. The PTB mention the fact that Lois was sleeping with Grant and they were concerned how it would look when Lois went to Oliver's apartment to confront Oliver when he returned to Metropolis. They thought that some people might look on this as a "slutty" move but they felt she had to confront Oliver because he was her first love, after all.

Comment

While I liked the episode in general I tend to watch it without the Lana scenes and Clark's whining to Chloe.

Then there are some parts that were uninentionally (or worse: intentionally) done not so well. When Chloe admonishes Clark for not seeing her scratches on the face it was due to the simple fact that Clark never once saw her full face until then. When you watch the scene you'll notice that Chloe's scratched side is always away from what Clark can see. If the intended effect was that Clark was actually so wrapped up with his own problems, the director should have placed the actors in a way that Clark was actually able to see it but just didn't.

Then I didn't like the fact that GA was shooting three arrows directly at BC. These arrows (FX intended or not?) were too close together to pin just her clothes if she hadn't had her canary scream. He could have killed her.

Also, Ollie did not use his voice scrambler when talking to Lex.

It's this kind of lack of attention to detail that often pull me out of the story and shatter my supsension of disbelief.

The episode would have been better without Lana in it at all (thus reducing the drama) and concentrating on LL/OC + GA/BC. But I guess they wanted to show that you can make it work if you just try really hard (ignoring the fact that Clana broke up 42 times already, proving that it doesn't always work out).

Also I didn't like BC's derogatory remark about Lois at the end. I guess it was supposed to be a cute hint to the comic book GA/BC relationship but it just felt wrong.

The one thing that lifts the episode up is the Clois talk at the end. I've always liked their heart-to-heart-s, like the one in Lucy. These conversations proved long before they became a couple that they were right for each other. They could talk about their problems freely and the other one would care and listen. At those times both dropped their masks of their frenemy relationship and just be there for each other.
                          Last edited by DJ Doena; 07-04-2013, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
                            While I liked the episode in general I tend to watch it without the Lana scenes and Clark's whining to Chloe.
                            The thing that sucked in this regard for me was it seems like the season was building up to something(that Clark and Lana weren't ment to be together), then all of a sudden after Lois's spiel Clark decides well I guess Lana is ok and then the plot of Clark and Lana moving apart(Clark being upset with her in Wrath, or Clark being upset Lana was with Bizarro) just seemed to stop and life went on as normal in Fracture-Veritas as if the previous 5-6 episodes didn't happen and then Lana went Comatose in Veritas

All that being said whiny my life sucks without Lana and I might as well complain about my problems to the girl who had a high school crush on me definitely could knock an episode down a peg or 2. I found this especially bad in S5+6.

Just a side note about Season 7 if they got a full 22 season order and their was no strike I am guessing Lana would have gotten out of the comatose state at the end of Veritas when Brianaic and Kara flew away, and the producers were planning on doing the "Power" Arc to close out the season. The whole Power episode does seem t line up with the Wrath to Siren and Veritas run and the producers who lack any sense of creativity seemed to hold it over for Season 8
                            Last edited by Supsfan; 07-06-2013, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Hate is a strong word, but Clark and Lana at the end was just regurgitating an infinite numbers of scenes from previous episodes. While it was apparent that his chat with Lois caused him to re-evaluate his situation with Lana, the issue with Lana was one of trust rather than one half of the relationship feeling undervalued. Clark is flogging a dead horse by constantly trying to keep the Lana fires burning. Does he basically think that because she knows his secret, she cannot simply be just a friend?

Secondly, Black Canary's short hair doesn't suit the actress' face though neither did the brunette wig when she was simply Dinah. If you watch Collateral in the final season, she looks like she's sporting her normal hair and it looks so much better because of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎