No announcement yet.

Computers and typing on Smallville.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computers and typing on Smallville.

As a computer professional am I the only one that is annoyed with scenes where one of the actors or actresses are using a computer and we see or hear them type and type and type and type and type and type some more? What the fark are they typing? The Gettysburg Address? A Perl script? What?

I know it's petty, but it really annoys me and this episode was one of the worst in this regard.

Originally posted by Nospam
    As a computer professional am I the only one that is annoyed with scenes where one of the actors or actresses are using a computer and we see or hear them type and type and type and type and type and type some more? What the fark are they typing? The Gettysburg Address? A Perl script? What?

I know it's petty, but it really annoys me and this episode was one of the worst in this regard.
    Umm are you a journalist? Have you ever written a piece of fanfiction at least? If so you'ds know that writing an elaborate fanfiction or in the case of a Journalist an elaborate article it does take time is not like you type 3 characters and presto!

Comment

Actually, I was wondering what Allison was typing because there was nothing on the screen. no codes or anything but the desktop and the window for the money transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk
        Umm are you a journalist? Have you ever written a piece of fanfiction at least? If so you'ds know that writing an elaborate fanfiction or in the case of a Journalist an elaborate article it does take time is not like you type 3 characters and presto!
        What the hell are you talking about?

Originally posted by citizenlen
        Actually, I was wondering what Allison was typing because there was nothing on the screen. no codes or anything but the desktop and the window for the money transfer.
        That scene and the one with Lana in front of a computer at the ISIS Foundation are two great examples. Tippity tap, tap tap. What are you doing?

Comment

My biggest gripe about computers in this show are how various characters who had no training can suddenly do everything with a computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Nospam

Je suis d'accord! the inaccurate usage of computers (typing, hacking, cracking, etc) in this show really pisses me off.

Originally posted by citizenlen
            LoL! I too was wondering what Allison was typing herself, like the director says "action" and she thinks "what will I write while I pretend to write?? I know, my name once and again!" or "the lines I'm supposed to say"

Comment

I record the sound of typing then, loop it and play it over and over to help me go to sleep...

Comment

Originally posted by Lara Lane
                LoL! I too was wondering what Allison was typing herself, like the director says "action" and she thinks "what will I write while I pretend to write?? I know, my name once and again!" or "the lines I'm supposed to say"
                I bet that they just push random buttons when they're doing it or their name like you said.

Eventually when they're going on their typing spree, they either show somebody interrupting them or some new information dug up about someone. So I guess they make it seem like they're so deeply rooted in their work or whatever they're typing, so that when they do either of those things, it'll seem important.

Comment

The typing doesn't annoy me as much as the weird things like, "I know, I'll piggyback off of his server and stop his money transfer!" And then suddenly a window pops up that says, "money transfer happening right now. Click here to make it stop if you are a hacker....".

Having worked in the wire transfer department of bank for one year, that pisses me off much more.

Comment

Yeah, hacking is alot more complicated than Chloe has ever made out. You cant just do stuff like she does, otherwise everyone would be intercepting banking details, and believe me there are people in real life with more alot skills than Chloe.

Comment

What really amused me was the fact that Chloe has Stellure installed on her computer. (http://www.stellure.com/)

Comment

Or that she simply typed "blond woman" into the search box on the Metropolis Police database.

Comment

Maybe they just type a bunch of gibberish. Dude, the DP is a freaking mess without Perry.

Comment

In an interview Allison revealed that she actually types her lines in scenes where she is required to type. Apparently Tom just types his name over and over again.

Comment

What I hate is that the writers just use computers like magic wands. Can't figure out how to get out of this jam? Chloe can hack the pentagon and use her internet resources to track the sales of individual comic books. They have the probably most powerful Superhero ever at their disposal and this is what they come up with? nb hhhyuhyhuhyhyu <- What it looks like when someone smacks their head against a keyboard, just FYI.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎