Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computers and typing on Smallville.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go trip! lol. Love the insight into the show that you give, and keep the reviews coming!

Comment

Originally posted by The Krypton Knight
      Go trip! lol.

Yeah, don't you dare diss Tom around me!

I see something like that and I'll come to his defense every single time. I think he's all sorts of awesome, but mostly because he's very smart on top of everything else.

Originally posted by The Krypton Knight
      Love the insight into the show that you give, and keep the reviews coming!
      Thanks! I will.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
        My biggest gripe about computers in this show are how various characters who had no training can suddenly do everything with a computer.
        Agreed! Computer hacking has become the lazy writer's plot device of choice.

Smallville's writers have been especially guilty this season. In various episodes, we've seen Chloe, Lana and Kara hack into government or corporate computer systems that would likely have very high levels of security. Do you really think that someone with a high school computer course can do that? If Chloe's skills are that good, why isn't she working in the Daily Planet's IT department? And when did Kara take a course in 21st century human computer science?

Professional writers should be able to come up with something less obvious and more plausible to move their plots along.

Comment

I've read that interview too about AM and TW, and it made me laugh. I think it's smart of her to type up those crazy lines. Her delivery is simply phenomenal with the material she is given.

On wikipedia it says that she was cast for her role because Gough and Millar felt she had a "rare ability to deliver large chunks of expositionary [sic] dialogue conversationally."

I've always felt that this was true. Before I found out, I remember thinking: "Wow, if anyone else was saying that line right now, it would sound awkward..."
          Last edited by morethanmeetstheye; 03-14-2008, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Maybe instead of the mouse they use the keyboard to move the mouse by clicking

Comment

I understand what you are saying. I can type reasonably fast and accurately (touch type) but do sometimes look at the keyboard. On Smallville and most other programmes featuring computers this always happens. However, I expect that to get round the bother of having them type the correct thing, they just go "tippity, tappity"!

One thing I noticed at the Isis Foundation is when Lana takes Clark (or is it Bizarro) into the computer screen room, all the computers are on with the logo swirling round, despite being covered with bubble wrap! Surely they would heat up? She presumably hasn't been there for about a month but there they are using up our energy - no wonder there's a fuel crisis!

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎