Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lex/Green Arrow Gun Scene ripped from Equilibrium?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lex/Green Arrow Gun Scene ripped from Equilibrium?

It's a very underated movie so you may not have seen it but the scene with the hand to hand combat with the gun/arrows going off thing was nearly identical to the final fight scene in the movie Equilibrium. Smallville used some slow motion effects and had other characters involved in the background but the idea was the same.

Scene from movie

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Scene from Smallville

Could have been just a couikydink. Still a cool scene none the less.

I was watching the episode with a friend tonight, and we both said "Equilibrium" when the fight started.

Comment

Crazyness. I wonder if it was intended and they just thought no one would notice because of the movie's low popularity.

Comment

Wows, there definitely are similarities!

And I gotta say, "Equilibrium" is a little more impressive because there were no superpowers involved hehe.

Comment

Yes, very Equilibrium-esque. I loved that movie though..

Comment

Me too It's a great movie

Comment

I was watching with my friend Dara is a big fan of Equilibrium and Christian Bale, and she told me that the fight was totally taken from the film. After seeing the clips that you posted I have 2 say I agree they definitely used the final fight in the film as their model for the final fight bet. Lex and Ollie.

Comment

I noticed this connection as well the second I saw it. I think that I would prefer this to a different fight scene that is original though. The Lex/GA fight held its own and is more of an homage to Equilibrium. (A great movie by the way)

Comment

Wow, I was just commenting on this in another thread. The "gun-fu" fight scenes were very similar to that of "equilibrium", but I still thought it was cool.

Comment

Yeah it was ripped off, but it sure was cool.

Comment

I agree with everyone, that movie rocked and it was copied.

Comment

Whenever AlMiles wanna do something 'cool' they steal from other people. Shamelessly, IMO.

Comment

The two are defiantly similar. However it is possible that by looking at specific martial arts that inspired Equilibrium, Smallville didn't necessarily rip it off... necessarily...

Comment

I just watched Equilibrium a few weeks ago and thought to myself: "I can't believe Smallville stole this in Siren".

Comment

yeah, i totally thought that scene was just like that gun katas from equlibrium, that last fight at the end, except equilibrium's was cooler.
                              great movie btw.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎