Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erica Durance's Acting

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

She was absolutely Amazing tonight. She delieverd once again a 100+ performance. She made me cry when she was talking to Clark in the Talon. I haven't cried like that since Prototype and again that was with her. Very beautiful job, Erica.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
      I thought she was great.
      Could someone please go back and type out exactly what she said.
      I thought it was moving and poignant.
      I loved Erica Durance's acting.
      I really felt for her.
      And her powerless that she would love someone with a great purpose, that she did not want to be left behind again.

That is so me, that is so me standing there, afraid that I can't compete. Afraid that I can never be someone's number one. Oh my god! I cried so hard and so bad that my eyes are actually puffy. Her scene with Clark at the end . . . blew me away. Oh my god! I cried in Memoria, I cried in Justice but I have never cried so hard and so long as I did during that scene.

She totally sold how afraid Lois is, something she has to overcome, and I think it was important that the scene was with Clark because he will one day be the man that she CAN share with the world, that she won't doubt his importance in her life. Not to say we will see such a romance on this show, I don't think we will. However usually when they allude to the 'future' it isn't with nearly as much grace as this scene was. Lois is a hard @ss, someone who doesn't want to keep being heartbroken. I think this scene went well to show why in other Superman incarnations that Clark has a hard time convincing Lois why they can work.

Tom Welling also was wonderful here, looking like he was close to tears himself seeing Lois so upset. No anvils (excepting the 'destiny' part but even that just didn't come across as anvil), no cheese, my GOD. I keep saying that, but I really cannot believe that a Smallville Clois (not romantic Clois, just friendship Clois) scene got to me like that, but it did. I loved how Clark knew she wasn't being honest with herself about why it wouldn't work, how he knew there was something more to it, and yet comforted her in her sorrow anyway.

Any Clois fans out there that weren't getting enough Clois scenes, that definitely made up for those missing scenes in spades. It is nice to see that Clark and Lois really are friends and really do care about each other. This is the comfort I wanted to see from Chloe after Justice, but I have to admit that it was actually pretty lovely coming from Clark. He's in his own dark place with Lana and yet still there for his friends.

Like the scene with Oliver before it the music also helped to make this work, more orchestral movie score than pop music angst. Which worked quite well. Also as with the scene with Oliver, Lois understood that the world needed her loved ones more than she does, and she didn't come across as bitter about that. More just sad acceptance.

I'm speechless . . . between the hitching sobs of grief that is. That is just so me in her shoes right then. Even now, as secure as I am about myself, as much as I like myself I just don't see how I'll ever be able to be the 'moon and the stars' for anyone. It has been far too much trial with far too much error. Lois is doing what I've done so many times, doom slaying herself, selling herself short . . . and yet after upset after failure after upset it's so hard to not doom slay yourself. For me it is anyway, and for Lois too I'd say. It also gets into her issues with her father, and thinking that she was never good enough for him.

Wow, I'm just . . . wow. I love Erica and I love her Lois but I never expected to be affected this strongly. I just . . .my god. I'm still crying!

Anyway here it is.

-----------------
      *Clark enters apartment to find Lois on the couch eating ice cream*

Lois - Enter at your own caloric risk.
      Clark - How you doing?
      Lois- Besides the metaphor? I was hoping rocky road would help, but nothing, nada. Not even a dent.

*puts ice cream down as Clark comes closer*

Lois - You know . . . I thought Grant would help me get over Ollie and if that didn't end badly enough . . .the moment I saw Ollie again, all those feelings just came rushing right back up.
      Clark - Maybe it can still work between you two.

*Lois shakes her head and goes over to the kitchenette*

Lois - You don't know Ollie like I do. There are parts of him you've never seen.

*Clark smirks a bit*

Clark - That's a given.

*Lois is briefly amused but shakes her head*

Lois - I mean sides of him. He's got this one side that I'm not sure I can live with.
      Clark - How would you know if you don't give it a chance?
      Lois - We're not you and Lana, we're not the perfect couple, we are not destined for each other.

*Clark has an unreadable look before speaking*

Clark - Lois, this isn't like you. Normally, when things get challenging that's when you get interested.
      Lois - This is different. My Dad was a general, and he cared about me, but I learned really early that his role in the world was a lot more important than being a father. And you know what? For good reasons. Ollie's life is . . . demanding, too.
      Clark - Lois, just because someone's life is great responsibility doesn't mean your life has to take second place.

*Clark speaks sincerely, as does Lois with her dead seriousness with her next words.*

Lois - Of course it does, Clark. Can you imagine what it would be like to look into somebody's eyes and know that their destiny is so much greater than yours, that you will never compete? You will always be left behind.

*Lois starts to cry, heartbroken even as she is certain of her own words*
      *Clark looks very sad as well now.*

Clark - That would be hard for anyone, but . . .
      Lois - No! I can't be left behind one more time. You know, where Ollie's life is going, there's not room for me in it. I know he'd never admit that, so . . . I had to. I just, um, I can't face another heartbreak down the road.

*Clark looks as if he wants to sasy something, but instead moves forward and hugs Lois, she hugs him back, face pressed into his shoulder as he rubs her back comfortingly. Lois smiles sadly, then warmly.*

Lois - Besides, you know, why settle for hot, rich and famous when I can hang out with you?

*they both smile and keep hugging*
      ---------------------------------

I know I'm going to get flack for saying this, but I don't care, I feel sincerely about it so why pretend I don't? Had that scene transitioned into a later scene FAR down the road when Clark and Lois are involved it reminds of 'Walk the Line' Where Johnny Cash is asking June Carter to marry him on stage (for the last time) and he knows that she's been hurt badly, so many times that she can't open her heart for him even though she loves him, and he tells her that he isn't those other men, he won't leave her behind.

I loved this scene, it was fantastic! Even though I'm still crying. I do gotta say though, that if THIS canon connected with future canon, I'd be a little miffed if I was Oliver. She could do the whole dual identity thing with Clark, but not him. I wrote a REALLY angsty fic about future Lolliepop and the scenes in this episode would have fit perfectly with it. So sad, but such awesomeness. I loved it, even as I balled my eyes out, I loved it.

The only wink!wink anvilicious moment came from the Clark/Oliver scene after it. When Clark says maybe Lois can deal with the dual identity thing someday and Oliver says "Yeah, when? When the Earth cracks open and time ticks backwards?" Which of course happens in Superman: The Movie, where an earthquake claims Lois' life and Superman spins around the Earth to turn it backwards so he can save Lois.

Superb acting from all the cast in this episode!
      Last edited by LovelyLoisLane; 02-07-2008, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LovelyLoisLane
        That is so me, that is so me standing there, afraid that I can't compete. Afraid that I can never be someone's number one. Oh my god! I cried so hard and so bad that my eyes are actually puffy. Her scene with Clark at the end . . . blew me away. Oh my god! I cried in Memoria, I cried in Justice but I have never cried so hard and so long as I did during that scene.

She totally sold how afraid Lois is, something she has to overcome, and I think it was important that the scene was with Clark because he will one day be the man that she CAN share with the world, that she won't doubt his importance in her life. Not to say we will see such a romance on this show, I don't think we will. However usually when they allude to the 'future' it isn't with nearly as much grace as this scene was. Lois is a hard @ss, someone who doesn't want to keep being heartbroken. I think this scene went well to show why in other Superman incarnations that Clark has a hard time convincing Lois why they can work.

Tom Welling also was wonderful here, looking like he was close to tears himself seeing Lois so upset. No anvils (excepting the 'destiny' part but even that just didn't come across as anvil), no cheese, my GOD. I keep saying that, but I really cannot believe that a Smallville Clois (not romantic Clois, just friendship Clois) scene got to me like that, but it did. I loved how Clark knew she wasn't being honest with herself about why it wouldn't work, how he knew there was something more to it, and yet comforted her in her sorrow anyway.

Any Clois fans out there that weren't getting enough Clois scenes, that definitely made up for those missing scenes in spades. It is nice to see that Clark and Lois really are friends and really do care about each other. This is the comfort I wanted to see from Chloe after Justice, but I have to admit that it was actually pretty lovely coming from Clark. He's in his own dark place with Lana and yet still there for his friends.

Like the scene with Oliver before it the music also helped to make this work, more orchestral movie score than pop music angst. Which worked quite well. Also as with the scene with Oliver, Lois understood that the world needed her loved ones more than she does, and she didn't come across as bitter about that. More just sad acceptance.

I'm speechless . . . between the hitching sobs of grief that is. That is just so me in her shoes right then. Even now, as secure as I am about myself, as much as I like myself I just don't see how I'll ever be able to be the 'moon and the stars' for anyone. It has been far too much trial with far too much error. Lois is doing what I've done so many times, doom slaying herself, selling herself short . . . and yet after upset after failure after upset it's so hard to not doom slay yourself. For me it is anyway, and for Lois too I'd say. It also gets into her issues with her father, and thinking that she was never good enough for him.

Wow, I'm just . . . wow. I love Erica and I love her Lois but I never expected to be affected this strongly. I just . . .my god. I'm still crying!

Anyway here it is.

-----------------

---------------------------------

I know I'm going to get flack for saying this, but I don't care, I feel sincerely about it so why pretend I don't? Had that scene transitioned into a later scene FAR down the road when Clark and Lois are involved it reminds of 'Walk the Line' Where Johnny Cash is asking June Carter to marry him on stage (for the last time) and he knows that she's been hurt badly, so many times that she can't open her heart for him even though she loves him, and he tells her that he isn't those other men, he won't leave her behind.

I loved this scene, it was fantastic! Even though I'm still crying. I do gotta say though, that if THIS canon connected with future canon, I'd be a little miffed if I was Oliver. She could do the whole dual identity thing with Clark, but not him. I wrote a REALLY angsty fic about future Lolliepop and the scenes in this episode would have fit perfectly with it. So sad, but such awesomeness. I loved it, even as I balled my eyes out, I loved it.

The only wink!wink anvilicious moment came from the Clark/Oliver scene after it. When Clark says maybe Lois can deal with the dual identity thing someday and Oliver says "Yeah, when? When the Earth cracks open and time ticks backwards?" Which of course happens in Superman: The Movie, where an earthquake claims Lois' life and Superman spins around the Earth to turn it backwards so he can save Lois.

Superb acting from all the cast in this episode!
        Great Post!

Comment

Originally posted by sabi908
          Great Post!

Thank you!

I was just . . . I'm . . .that just moved me so much.

Erica made me feel all of Lois' pain. Amazing job.

Comment

I loved Erica in "Siren", she did a great job. I always love her, but in Siren she was awesome!

Comment

She was incredible and so emotionally moving. Her best performance on Smallville so far.

Comment

Aw man I feel like crying again. Thank you LLL for posting that.

Comment

She was wonderful in this episode. I think this was my favorite acting performance from her ever. Good job Erica!

Comment

Wasn't all that impressed with ED up until now. Tonight, not just with Clark, but through out the episode, she really pulled out some sh!t.

Comment

Good job Erica bay-bay.

Comment

It just goes to show what Erica can do when she is giving some good material to work with. She really knocked it out the park tonight.

Comment

You know, I'll admit I have never been a ED fan, but I thought tonight was her best acting in the entire series. Fantastic. I thought all the acting was amazing - the best for the ensemble in several seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by litew8
                            I thought Chloe (A. Mack) did really good with her emotions/actions; Lana (K. Kruek) did a great job too. Although Lana's character seemed to be getting a lashing due to confrontation - she did great considering.
                            The entire cast did good, IMO.

But Erica.. damn, she was off the wall. I think people are giving her so much praise be cause her performance was so unexpected.

She really was the highlight of the episode performance wise.

Comment

Originally posted by litew8
                              I thought Chloe (A. Mack) did really good with her emotions/actions; Lana (K. Kruek) did a great job too. Although Lana's character seemed to be getting a lashing due to confrontation - she did great considering.
                              THIS thread is about ED. Why would you even bring up Chloe, or Lana ?

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Delovely

But Erica.. damn, she was off the wall. I think people are giving her so much praise be cause her performance was so unexpected.
                              not true, she NEVER disappoints.
                              most will NOT awknowledge it though.......because SV is all about 2 female leads, w/ the names Lana and Chloe.
                              Last edited by jazel; 02-07-2008, 10:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by jazel
                                THIS thread is about ED. Why would you even bring up Chloe, or Lana ?
                                Oh my - I didn't even realize. I feel so ashamed.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎