Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally Someone tells Clark right to his face that was he does is inconciderate

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clark really was more heroic in the early seasons and would use his powers in a heartbeat to help those in need, and take down the bad guys. He was also very merciful which I admired...not that he doesn't make the occassional save now and then but now he's just like suffering from depression and doesn't want to leave his house or something. Seriously, what happened? LOL

Comment

Kryponite or Arrogance?

Originally posted by litew8
      I didn't care much for the Nanny Ollie.
      If I were Clark, I would have put him in his place pronto!
      Clark should have stood up to GA and got in his face.
      Clark should have told GA - I'd like to see you walk a mile in my shoes.
      Then give him a push. All the while staring him down like the fool GA is.
      This comment is ridiculous......JMHO.

Kryptonite or Arrogance.....which would be more deadly to the man of steel? Not that Clark is arrogant much......but the statment by litew8 would require one very arrogant Kryptonian.........Clark/Superman may not be the sharpest Super Hero in the mix......but pushing other Super Heroes around like there nothing next to him? All I can say is that at that point Krytonite won't be his only Achilles heel.
      Last edited by CK&CK; 02-10-2008, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Arrogance = your opinion......JMHO.
        If some sissy boy wants to flap his gums in my face, you bet he'd soon recognize.
        If you think they have a right to do so, without attitude, pacifist-sissy. Not much of a super-anything in my book. Besides, GA is merely a "hero" - as per Chloe.
        Maybe you should recheck your facts.
        Last edited by litew8; 02-10-2008, 12:58 PM.

Comment

^ Okay. Ya'll want to debate?
          Throw any of your other "heroes" into Clarks shoes (a SUPER-HERO).
          What would have happened to them thus far?
          Hint: [SPOILER]They'd be dead.[/SPOILER]

You mean dead like Clark would have been himself if

-His Parents had not pulled out that Kryptonite bullet when he was shot by a crazed....(non-super powered individual I might add) Krypto Freak Vigalante in "Extinction".

-When he took a bullet in the stomach because he was an idiot wanting to give up his powers simply because he got rid of 2 Kryptonians a few episodes earlier.....like nothing bad would ever happen again (rolls eyes).

-Then there's the time he took a Knife in the stomack as well ("Talisman" I think)......both of his Daddys had to come to the rescue with some out of the blue miracle save.

-Or how about when that Invisible dude buried our favorite IQ deprived hero with a piece of Kryptonite.......Chloe to the rescue.

-Then there are the times when he's not necessarily in Mortal jeopardy.....but if they wanted to kill him.....it's a done deal.....like:

"Solitude"........Chloe had to save his butt.

"Hypnotic"........Chloe had to save his butt again.

There's probably more "Smallville" examples.....but I think people get the idea.

But how about the Animation world:

-"The Batman"....Batman & Robin have to save Superman from the mind control of Lex Luthor.

-Justice League......the episode "Wild Cards".....the Joker, with a brilliant unorthodox plan, has them all beat except for Batman.....who just barely saves himself and the JLU.

-Justice League Unlimited.....Batman is injured badly while saving Superman from a Kryptonite tiped Nuclear missle........(pretty damn cool the way Bats did it to).

-Then there's Superman the Animated Series.....yes, that's right Bat saves the Big Guy on his own series.......Superman returns the favor of course....but only after Bats has saved him from Raz As Goul.........Oh and from the Joker as well (3 part Episode....."Worlds Finest".......of course Supes saves Batman to....but again it's Batman saving Supes that is the catalyst that allows Superman to return the favor.

Now.....Is that what you mean by "They'd be Dead" ?

Comment

^
            Oh, I'm sure whoever else you are attempting to compare would have lived, right? wrong
            You really missed the point didn't you?

Fact remains, the simpleton heroes would BE DEAD.

Comment

^
              Oh, I'm sure whoever else you are attempting to compare would have lived, right? wrong
              You really missed the point didn't you?

Fact remains, the simpleton heroes would BE DEAD.
              That's you're opinion......but quite frankly, I think you missed the point on what makes an individual....or a Super Hero really great.......even if they are fictional. Enjoy your view of it....and all I can say is that I'm glad thats not my view.

P.S. Ironic that Smallville is a show about the ultimate "Simpleton" who just happens to have ultimate powers. Yep, that's true Irony.
              Last edited by CK&CK; 02-10-2008, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CK&CK
                That's you're opinion......but quite frankly, I think you missed the point on what makes an individual....or a Super Hero really great.......even if they are fictional. Enjoy your view of it....and all I can say is that I'm glad thats not my view.

P.S. Ironic that Smallville is a show about the ultimate "Simpleton" who just happens to have ultimate powers. Yep, that's true Irony.
                Thank you!! I dont know why litew8 would say something like that when its people like ollie and chloe and others that have come to save Clarks life more than anything. simpletons? i dont think so. Clark is dimwitted about a great many things. to say others are dimwitted and he is just plain stupid. what show have you watched for the past 7 years? because if its this show and Clark is considered smart then you must be watching things from another universe because its not this universes smallville.

Comment

Originally posted by seacrystal
                  Oliver is simply trying to deflect the issue; Clark was worried about Chloe, there's nothing selfish about that.
                  deflect the issue?

Clark puts her in danger on a regular basis...there is no need to yell at Oliver...Chloe is a big girl...are you implying she should ask for Clark's permission before she helps Oliver? When you get down to it, Clark wasn't invited to the party...it was none of his buisness...Oliver and Chloe can go do ANY job they want...whether he likes it or not...

Comment

Clark lashed out and Oliver retaliated. Oliver was right that Chloe is in danger with Clark by her side but it was obvious to me that Clark thought that Oliver couldn't take care of Chloe as well as he could.

There was some truth in what Oliver said but everyone forgets that Clark has been saving people since day 1. It may just be people in Smallville but the fact remains that a lot of people would be dead without Clark's help and that includes the majority of the league.

Clark and Oliver have led very different lives and have very different motivations. Oliver chooses to be different, in part to atone for the way he was when he was younger. Clark on the other hand was born different and for a very long time had no idea why. He struggled with his powers and yet was still saving lives.

Clark is by no means selfish and I think Oliver knows that. There are other such as Dax-Ur who could have done what Clark goes onto do but they don't. It not what Clark is that makes him special, it is who he is.

I want Clark to choose the life he does, not because he is berated into it by others but because he feels that it is his calling.

Comment

Originally posted by CK&CK

You just contradicted yourself without my help. Ultimate Powers and simpleton are not synonymous. Great job. I'm glad I don't go around thinking that humans are equal to super-heroes during my use of imagination. How watered down that must be. Boring.

Comment

Originally posted by jazel
                        nope....too tired to debate.
                        what about CK's promise, to join the League, after he caught all the phantoms ?
                        guess he's too busy eating Lana's blueberry pancakes, to worry about other things.
                        hmmm lana's pancakes must be realllly good....

Comment

Originally posted by Dustmite
                          Clark lashed out and Oliver retaliated. Oliver was right that Chloe is in danger with Clark by her side but it was obvious to me that Clark thought that Oliver couldn't take care of Chloe as well as he could.

There was some truth in what Oliver said but everyone forgets that Clark has been saving people since day 1. It may just be people in Smallville but the fact remains that a lot of people would be dead without Clark's help and that includes the majority of the league.

Clark and Oliver have led very different lives and have very different motivations. Oliver chooses to be different, in part to atone for the way he was when he was younger. Clark on the other hand was born different and for a very long time had no idea why. He struggled with his powers and yet was still saving lives.

Clark is by no means selfish and I think Oliver knows that. There are other such as Dax-Ur who could have done what Clark goes onto do but they don't. It not what Clark is that makes him special, it is who he is.

I want Clark to choose the life he does, not because he is berated into it by others but because he feels that it is his calling.
                          Great post Dustmite. You partially explained why I think Clark should have put Nanny Ollie in his place by getting up in his face.

Also, durring the discussion Clark and Oliver had, it seemed like Nanny Ollie was scared. After he was telling Clark those things, it looked like Nanny Ollie was going to pee his pants. Clark calmly walked over to the window and promptly ignored the sissy - rather than letting his anger get the best of him. A bigger man. My other choice of action - see up thread.

Comment

Clark has flaws, nothing wrong w/ his friends pointing it out to him. Chloe has no problem doing it. She can getaway w/ it, but Ollie can't ? PLUS Ollie knows he can be killed out there, wish more people would get in his face. I'm hoping Pete will in Hero.

Comment

Originally posted by jazel
                              Clark has flaws, nothing wrong w/ his friends pointing it out to him. Chloe has no problem doing it.
                              Chloe tells Clark that he is a hero, her hero and she sees the potential of what he can do and in fact sees on almost a daily basis what he does do. She doesn't tell him he is selfish, quite the opposite in fact.

She can getaway w/ it,
                              Really? I hated Chloe getting in his face in Promise.

wish more people would get in his face. I'm hoping Pete will in Hero.
                              I hope he doesn't. I don't want to see the hero of the show being bashed by every guest character. I would rather they invest that time in showing how Clark comes to the decisions he does.

Comment

Oh jazel, so it's okay for everyone and their grandmother to get in Clark's face, but not ok for Clark to do it to them - with even more conviction. What goes around comes around.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎