Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally Someone tells Clark right to his face that was he does is inconciderate

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clark is holding Clark back. Lana told him she didn't want to be the reason he was staying. She even said that he could help the world with his powers. Clark's a big boy. IF he wants to stay on the farm and do his thing, then that's his choice. Not her fault.

Comment

Originally posted by minerva73
      I agree with what Oliver said, but I disagree too. Sure Clark stays on the farm and all, but he's helped a lot of people during his stay in Smallville. About 100 episodes, he's helped or save someone.

Without Clark being in Smallville this season Rachel could have died, Chloe could have died, Kara could have died, Lana could have died, Lionel could have died, that little boy and his dad/grandpa could have died (in Bizarro) and many others. Clark should get out and help out more, but he's learned a lot from his time in Smallville which would help him in the future. And he still is learning.
      I'm agreeing with so many of your comments that I've read tonight so far!

Especially in the last few episodes, I've seen Clark really being pushed into that, "Maybe you should venture farther out from the boundaries of Smallville" but at the same time, it's being emphasized that it is important that he stays there, at least for now. So I give Oliver's comment some merit, but I do think that Clark has more than one reason to still stay on the farm.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
        When I first heard green arrow was coming to smallville I thought it was mistake.
        Boy was I wrong.
        I love Ollie telling Clark, what do you do ? you sit on your couch, who do you help.
        Ollie is the man.
        I actually pumped my fist when he said that...

Comment

Its nice to see these characters come into Clark's life and show him tough love. Its about time someone keeps on Clark about becoming something better than he is. My mom was like "Abby he's talking about your man" and "I was like good. That's exactly what he needs right now. Clark needs alittle slapping around to focus on something greater than himself"

Comment

As much as I love Clark I have to agree with what Ollie said to him.

Get off that comfy clana couch and do something besides wait for problems to show up at your door.

He can do all kind of things in the world and then return to Smallville if he's needed there

Comment

Oliver is simply trying to deflect the issue; Clark was worried about Chloe, there's nothing selfish about that.

Comment

I don't mind what Ollie said, but I think its completely wrong to discount everything we've SEEN Clark do up to this point. Obviously the construct of the show keeps Clark tied to Smallville, so I think its a bit ridiculous to bring characters onto the show to chide Clark for something that the construct of the show demands.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                  I don't mind what Ollie said, but I think its completely wrong to discount everything we've SEEN Clark do up to this point. Obviously the construct of the show keeps Clark tied to Smallville, so I think its a bit ridiculous to bring characters onto the show to chide Clark for something that the construct of the show demands.
                  But every good Clark's done, he's done it because the situation crossed his path, but when has he been a proactive defender? And yes, he's tied to Smallville but he is "faster than a bullet" and can go virtually anywhere 'to do good' and be back in Smallville, or wait, he can start dong some good on his own on his own Town. Anyway, what Ollie said was necessary for his development (I hope we'll see some of it after all ).

Comment

I love Ollie telling Clark, what do you do ? you sit on your couch, who do you help.

Originally posted by SVilleGal03
                    I actually pumped my fist when he said that...
                    ME TOO!! LOL It was so exhilarating to watch someone say everything to Clark that (most of us) have been wanting to say to him. Yelling at Clark through the TV doesn't work very well!! So when Oliver called him on his frustratingly "stagnant" life, I was over the moon. I wanted to give Ollie a big KISS!!

I don't think Clark is "learning" from his time in Smallville. His life and how he approaches it is no different from several seasons ago. He makes the same stupid decisions over and over again. He has not made any effort to propell his life FORWARD to the future. And like other posters have stated it beautifully.....

Originally posted by Ilovebeinglost
                    Get off that comfy clana couch and do something besides wait for problems to show up at your door.
                    Originally posted by Lara Lane
                    But every good Clark's done, he's done it because the situation crossed his path, but when has he been a proactive defender?

Comment

Yes, it was a really good episode for characters being *called-out* on their choices etc. I was thrilled when GA said that to Clark and Clark knew he was right and that was very apparent to me.

Comment

Clark seems to just flip flop on this. Sometimes he is completely selfless and sometimes he's completely selfish. I don't know if it's poor writing or very good writing. I mean, if you were a young adult working through all of the stuff that Clark goes through, would you handle it any better?

Comment

I have to agree that Ollie totally owned Clark on that one, he was so right about what he said, because he has the right to, but not Lana, she should keep her mouth shut

Comment

Originally posted by minerva73
                            I agree with what Oliver said, but I disagree too. Sure Clark stays on the farm and all, but he's helped a lot of people during his stay in Smallville. About 100 episodes, he's helped or save someone.

Without Clark being in Smallville this season Rachel could have died, Chloe could have died, Kara could have died, Lana could have died, Lionel could have died, that little boy and his dad/grandpa could have died (in Bizarro) and many others. Clark should get out and help out more, but he's learned a lot from his time in Smallville which would help him in the future. And he still is learning.
                            That's dead on. Also, keep in mind that Clark will live forever and he'll go on helping people for millennia after Oliver’s gone, that Clark’s progression toward becoming the intergalactic defender of Earth has been slow is irrelevant; Clark’s got all the time in the world and then some to fulfill his destiny, Oliver’s got one lifetime and the impetus fueling his sense of urgency is to a small degree selfish—to make a difference while he still has some breath left to enjoy the fruits of his efforts. Clark’s work will literally never be finished, evil never sleeps and every generation that Clark delivers will be succeeded by another that won’t fully appreciate or learn from the lessons his heroism will attempt to instill. Clark will have to repeatedly pull humanity back from the brink of extinction. If Clark seems slow to embark on a mission of this magnitude or if the preparation leading up to it seems belabored or repetitive that’s understandable. Hero’s aren’t perfect during their embryonic, developmental stages; they are in fact a reflection, a microcosm of who they’ll eventually rescue, in this case, all of humanity—a species as dull as sheep, never learning from their collective or individual histories, thoughtlessly stumbling into one calamity after another, sound familiar? Clark isn’t supposed to fully remind us of Superman right now; he’s supposed to be a “type”, an archetypal symbol of the flawed, wayward and yet rare, transcendently precious human race—past, present and future. Heroes must overcome in themselves the very same deficiencies that bind their damsels in distress. Oliver couldn’t possibly fathom the breadth of Clark’s role on the Earth; the problem is that right now, Clark can’t either. Every hero’s journey includes a period of anonymity or obscurity before the world knows their name along with a period of solitude (Christ’s childhood and 40 day trial in the wilderness spring to mind) and Clark’s learned about all he can while toiling in the anonymity afforded by a tiny, nondescript, agrarian town, the FOS is the logical and necessary next step he’ll have to take and it should happen by this season’s finale.
                            Last edited by heromyth; 05-07-2010, 10:26 PM.

Comment

It was simply a heat of the moment argument. Frustrated, Ollie didn't mean it as Clark is just worried about others...simply releasing his inhibitions he feels toward Clark...he just feels Clark is limiting himself and with his vast powers feels that the world needs him..he's expressed this before to Clark...it's just that Clark hasn't found that yet- grown up- whatever you wanna call it...Clark isn't ready just yet...this is why the show is still Smallville and not Superman.

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy2
                                I agree with what Ollie said to him.
                                I do not. Clark has had a full plate in dealing with Kara, Jor-el, and the phantom this season. I don't see him as lounging at home, but having to carefully think what is best. Not to mention he spent a month trapped in the fortress.

I think until Ollie has walked a mile in Clark's shoes, he does not have the right to tell him he's not up to parr. It's one thing if he keeps asking when Clark is ready to join him, and quite another to say he is failing.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎