Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Siren?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, I have to be honest and say that I loved the episode, except for the last clana scene... WHY??? WHYYY???.
    So, my fave scene was CLOIS and Il oved the words that Lois said to Clark when she held her!!!, hehehe Lois Lane if you knew.... hehehehe...

Do you know what guys?? I didn't like when Lana said that about she wants clark for herself and she doesn't want to share him with anyone else (with the rest of the world), I didn0t like because these words were said by Lois to Superman.... but all of us know that writers use to do that.

hmmm.... after meeting ollie, ac, flash, cyborg and black canary... why clark doesn't think of making a disguise?????? it's time!!!!!!

and I didn't like the Justice League, because Superman was the leader of that group and it's a pity.. well, it's smallville, remember Misslane hehehehee.

In spite of all, I loved the episode but when clana will be over??????? i don't know how many times clark said: i don't love you!!!!

WAKE UP CLARK!!!!!!!!

ps: clark... it's time to buy glasses, I think that everyone uses glasses except for him hahahahaahahahaha!!!!!!!

Comment

• What I didn't like about this episode: Black Canary. That was the most stupid costume interpretation I have ever seen. What is up with the eye piece? I think this was just another cheap way to introduce other DC characters. What a waste...

The acting again. It was wooden. Are the actors even caring anymore or is this just another paycheck?

All in all I gave it an eight. It was cool to see Green Arrow again. I liked the scene with Lois and Clark near the end but I am still not liking Lana and Clark. Why does Clark fall for every line she says? Ugh... People say women are the weak ones when it comes to fake sincerity but Clark is easily taking the cake on this. Wake up guru!

Comment

• good episode apart from the ending, it seemed a little short lived with the fight scene

Comment

• I have to honestly say that I was a bit disappointed in "Siren" - and I had looked forward to it with mouth watering anticipation. I'm a Black Canary fan and I couldn't wait to see Smallville's version. When I first saw the preview pics of the episode, the short hair kind of threw me a bit, but I decided to wait and reserve judgement until I actually saw the episode...now that I've seen it, I'm feeling a bit like post-Christmas letdown!

First, I had a hard time with the look...the outfit didn't bother me so much (well, maybe the nice shiny gloves did...), but the hair and makeup just struck me as wrong. But the most difficult time I had with the character is that she wasn't even slightly likeable. Every single other hero introduced in Smallville - whether they start out fighting Clark or not - has had some nugget of likeability to them. I feel for the heroes even if I don't altogether understand their motives. But BC was just arrogant, smug, and fairly nasty. I was expecting smug and snarky, but she was just completely unsympathetic. Even the ending scene on the rooftop, her apology lacked any kind of real remorse. Even Lois at her most annoying isn't as bad as Dinah.

Other than the portrayal of Black Canary, I thought the episode was great. Justin Hartley always rocks as GA - another hero reimagined, but to perfection. He's got the cocky, smug, slightly arrogant portrayal down - and I just love it. The scene with Oliver and Lois tied to a chair was hilarious and true to character....I laughed out loud. Well, until BC punched Lois....that was a bit much. It was also odd that almost no mention of Grant was made....Lois was broken up about Oliver, but not about her ex suddenly being killed? Unless, she doesn't know somehow and Lionel has covered it up.....I have no idea.

Lana's observation that everyone treated her like Lady MacBeth was spot on....it's a bit hypocritical to condemn someone for spying and then ask for their information at a later date. As hard as it is to see her and Clark fight, her observations were correct....Clark can be a bit of a judgemental jerk sometimes....not that we don't love him anyway!

All in all, "Siren" was a decent episode, but I'm still feeling a bit disappointed.

Comment

• This was a terrific episode. When I initially saw the short hair and the mask makeup on the Black Canary, I said to myself that is not how she looks in the comics. But than I remembered that this is her just starting out in her younger days. Just like how the Green Arrow we know in the comics (with the g-tee and hat) isn't like Oliver is on Smallville. He will eventually (like Black Canary) get into the way we all know them as.

Comment

• it was a good episode

Comment

• Great episode! Glad that Green Arrow was brought back, and that Lois finally found out! Her manoover to try and stop Clark and Chloe noticing the bows and arrows behing the glass was hilarious!
                10/10

Comment

• I liked this episode. Dinah/Black Canary is a great new character and it was about time that there was a female addition to the Justice League.

I liked seeing Oliver again and really enjoyed the scenes between Oliver and Lois. Clark coming over to comfort Lois after her break up with Oliver was very sweet.

Comment

• To tell you guys the truth,i dident even know who the black canery was until i read the spoilers.Liked the new super hero, and the green arrow returned. But do we really need to still go through the lana clark phase?

Comment

• This may not have been the best of the Justice League member introductory episodes... I mean, it wasn't as good as "Arrow," or "Run," and was certainly trumped by "Legion" and "Society"/"Legends," but... it was pretty good, really. Black Canary had a cool look to her, and Alaina Huffman was a pretty good actress. She had some good moments with both Ollie (who it was great to see back) and Lex, who was totally using her. Chloe-as-Oliver's-sidekick was a nicely done element of the episode as well. The Clana melodrama got pretty old pretty fast. Clark really was pretty self-righteous, and he and Lana were just so whiny with each other for most of the episode. Lois and Oliver's relationship revival didn't last even the entire episode, but it was actually pretty good angst. Although, virtually any angst is better than Clana angst, in my opinion, when it comes to Season 7. Anyway, I'll give "Siren" 8 out of 10 sonic screams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirstycol
                        I gave this episode a 6.
                        This episode was ... ok. Lana needs therapy. She finally gets some inner strength and she decides not to look for evidence on Lex so she can be the person clark can love. *Puke Although there was the scene where she was looking for the evidence on him and found it. Hopefully she is just saying that to Lionel to distract him so she can use the evidence somewhere down the line. I'm soooo glad the episode ended with Clark and Lana sort of breaking up. They better stay broken up. Seriously. If they keep on going back and forth and back and forth I'm gonna puke. I mean seriously... 7 years of that crap! Break up already!
                        Clark is really pissing me off. He's a little mysoginistic... I know he thinks he's just looking out for his friends but he has no right to tell people what to do. He'd be happy if all the girls just sat at home knitting and drinking tea while him and the justice league take on Lex. LOL All the women in this show seem to have to fight just to be treated as equals. It's disgusting. However I will give the green arrow his due. He doesn't seem to do that. He utilizes everyone and thier skills and lets them make thier own desicions. That's part of what makes him sexy.

I looooved how he was topless AGAIN!!!! When isn't he topless? LOL

The fight scene at the end was a little cheezy. Much to my dissapointment Lex hasn't really ever been a big combat fighter. He's always getting knocked out and thrown across the room. And suddenlly he's keeping up in a fight with the green arrow blow for blow... Please LMFAO I mean it was hot to see... but a little unbeliveable. They need to show Lex in more fight scenes to make it beliveable. Or at least show him training a bit more. Lex has always relied on his intelligence as opposed to his muscle. If they aren't going to show him training then they should just stick to him being the brains of his operations.

Why is the yellow canary hanging up her boots? That's so lame. She should just learn from this mistake and keep taking care of herself. She doesn't need to join the justice league to be monitered just cause she made a mistake geezzz.

All in all I loved Lex the most in this episode.. as always!!! Lex and Chloe.
                        Claiming Clark dislikes females is BS! Chloe is his best friend 'till the end. Take the feminazi crap elsewhere.

Comment

• Siren marks the debut of Black Canary, whom this version looks better than the one from the Birds of Prey TV series. In Justice, Clark did not join the group. In this episode, he still did not join the group. It was clear that Clark was not moving forward because for him, it's Lana or nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by monel49
                            Gave the episode an 8--very entertaining. One problem and I wonder if anyone else feels the same way. Shouldn't Lois know about Grant/Julian's death; shouldn't she be somewhat affected by that? Seems to be a plot glitch that made her parting with Green Arrow a little awkward. Losing Grant and Ollie?! And she's okay?
                            I re-watched S7 again to be sure it was as bad as I remember (especially the Grant Gabriel arc). The last scene with CLois would have meant so much more if Lois was actually in love with Grant instead of just "sleeping with the boss to get IMO ahead".
                            I actually had no sympathy for Lois because of the Grant fiasco. She obviously had no idea that Grant was dead or that he was a Luthor/clone. How dumb can she be??

Also, you would think that Oliver would have known about Grant when he returned, after all, he is a hero with a lot of contacts.

No, Lois has not been my favorite character in S7. I figure TPTB wanted to give Lois another Love interest after Oliver so that she could have another breakup. Then we get to have an emotional scene with CLois. They did not put any effort together to build a Grant/Lois relationship like they did with Oliver so this emotional scene was pointless.

It was at this point that I hoped this show would end because I did not want this version of Lois ending up with Clark. I much preferred the Lois from "Lois and Clark, the New Adventures of Superman) than this dumb, slutty version.

Comment

• Quite liked BC's introduction. We don't get to know much about her background (apart from Chloe saying that Dinah comes from a family of cops), which really benefits the season 9 reveal, that her mother had been part of the JSA (which also further fleshes out her background, through Sylvester Pemberton's diary). So, there's nothing here, that really contradicts future reveals. Apart from Clark seemingly coming up with the name, but we're never showed him giving it to her. All Clark did was give a better suggestion, when Chloe suggested calling Dinah "Yellow Raven". Not much of a stretch, that two people could've come up with the same name.

When it comes to Black Canary in live-action, this is the best adaptation, when compared to the Birds of Prey version and the Arrowverse version...s.

I liked Chloe's comment, about her having bills to pay, which her work for Oliver allows her to do. I really like acknowledgements of economy. It gives the characters real-world concerns, despite living in a world of superheroes and aliens.

For once, I actually enjoyed the Clana drama. Which I felt really highlighted how bad these two are together and that they really need to break up. However, as we see with Clark's reaction, to Chloe's comment about how Lana isn't the same girl, that he used to trip over in high school, it's something that Clark just doesn't wanna admit. When confronted by this fact, he just declares that he doesn't wanna talk about it. He wants to avoid having to deal with reality. Growing up, he painted a fantasy image of Lana Lang and now that fantasy image is in the middle of falling apart.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎