Page 71 of 87 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1298

Thread: Fringe (FOX)

I ♥ and Miss you Jim MannaBanana's Avatar
    So in this new timeline Nina has known Olivia since at least High School?! Weird! They seemed Super close

I reject your reality dru-zod2501's Avatar
    PETER'S BACK!! PETER'S BACK!! PETER'S BACK!!!

This is such an incredibly bittersweet moment for me. I knew it was coming, and it happened somewhat like I imagined it, but still....

I would've liked it if Peter didn't have full memory of the old timeline. Now he's just going to be a freak among Fringe Division and as much as the cast, and the viewers, are going to try to move forward as best they can, the questions and spectres of the past are still going to be haunting them.

Right now I feel exactly like I did when Smallville Season 8 premiered, EXACTLY! conflicted, confused, dismayed, & uncertain. Excited about the future, but unable to forget the past, and having great difficulty reconciling the two. Eventually that factored into my giving up Smallville forever. I pray that doesn't happen to me with my beloved Fringe
    Last edited by dru-zod2501; 10-14-2011 at 11:11 PM.

PETER'S BACK!!! YES!!!

I really, really, really hope Olivia remembers him eventually...

LOYAL TOM WELLING FAN wellinglover66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MannaBanana View Post
    So in this new timeline Nina has known Olivia since at least High School?! Weird! They seemed Super close
    I know, right? Part of me thinks they did that to give Blair Brown something to do now that she's not as close to Walter or Bell anymore (?). It seemed like Walter had a huge dislike towards her.
    Last edited by Aries83; 10-15-2011 at 06:23 PM.

I was so glad to see Nina again! It was weird that she and Olivia are so close in this world. It's also strange that Olivia doesn't have any kind of resentment toward Walter the way the astral projection guy did. I was glad to see Olivia's lab rat kindergarten mentioned and explored. The episodes about that and her fellow classmates have always been among my favorites.

Not too thrilled about Peter returning but I love the WAY he returned. He arrived in the lake where he drowned all those years ago. The observer was there! Is that observer being rebellious again? What will the other observers do when they see that Peter is back? I hope that Peter has more to do than job Olivia's memory. I hope he's on a mission of some kind. I want to see Walter's reaction to Peter's return!!!

Me Grimlock no like u! Xanderman's Avatar
    Pretty good episode, best of this season for me. Even though it was mainly a character driven episode and kind of slow-moving. The energy distortion following Olivia around being Peter was predictable (but maybe it was supposed to be). Olivia choosing not to re-commit Walter was also predictable -- a funnier ending would have been if the very last scene had Walter pulling the paper from her pocket, and then seeing the other box checked, with sinister sounding music playing in the background. Followed by the sound of pee hitting the floor/his shoes.

Funny hearing Walter make a Matrix reference, especially since I've compared aspects of the show to it previously...clearly the showrunners are fans. Here's a re-post:

- Olivia is Neo aka "The One" (Peter also has elements of Neo). Neo was the strongest of all, just like Olivia.
    - Bell is "The Architect"
    - the Other Universe is basically "the Matrix", and Our Universe is "the Real World"
    - the Hybrids are basically Agents
    - the War brewing between universes is similar to the war between the Machines and Humans in the Real World
    - Hybrid Charlie was basically Agent Smith in this. The fight with Olivia reminded me of when Neo first went face to face against Smith and stood his ground. Smith was always dressed in a suit, as was Hybrid Charlie here.
    - Agents could become other people, transforming their appearance at will. Similar to the shapeshifting Hybrids.
    - Peter being from another universe and not really belonging in our universe, is similar to Neo not really belonging in the Matrix and sensing something wrong with the world. For Peter, our universe is the Matrix. His universe is "the real world".
    - Bell spoke of a "Gatekeeper" who Olivia had to find before the bad guys did; this is virtually identical to Neo having to find the "Keymaker" in Matrix Reloaded before the Agents got to him first (and killed him).

Quote Originally Posted by Aries83 View Post
    I didn't really understand why/how Cameron/Mark's interference at that moment displaced Peter's energy causing him to appear at Reiden Lake. And what did Olivia's firing of the gun have to do with anything? (other than to distract Cameron/Mark?)
    The energy distortion or whatever Peter was causing trying to cross over had properties that Cameron's particular power could affect/interact with. And yes, she fired the gun to distract him, that was the sole purpose -- he seemed to be concentrating when he was using his power to control the distortion, and the gunshot broke that concentration. This resulted in Cameron's actions inadvertently finally "freeing" Peter instead, pulling him the rest of the way to our side. As for why he appeared at Reiden Lake, I assume it's because there is a bit of a hole in the universe there or a point of weakness, as that is where Walter crossed over as well. Not sure how scientific any of this was of course but at least there's some logic to it I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Firesong View Post
    And I think you might be on to something with the 'both worlds need to work together' thing, cause that would make sense~ I didn't even think of that, and I bet you're right!
    Yup September is definitely Jacob from Lost. heh (Jacob brought certain people together as he could foresee a good outcome -- he was basically the protector of the universe by protecting the magical light. September is similarly clearly trying to protect the world(s), humanity, etc. Same tune different song.)

Quote Originally Posted by ginnyfan View Post
    Ack! I love this idea! I'm excited to see what this other threat is. I'm already enjoying the two worlds working together in the limited way that they do so... yeah. I hope it's not a third world. I hope it's something totally OUT THERE and bonkers.
    Thanks ginny. Yeah a third world might be pushing it....maybe they should just go with aliens....that way Mulder and Scully can finally visit eh. heh Or if you really want bonkers, maybe they should bring back the Man in Black (aka Smokey's Revenge). A part of me though expects a Matrix type threat given past similarities, along the lines of a malevolent being who just wants to destroy everything everywhere, like an Agent Smith. Cue Fringe's Neo--Olivia--to save the day.

It's also strange that Olivia doesn't have any kind of resentment toward Walter the way the astral projection guy did.
    Maybe she did at first (off screen in this reality's past) but she's had more time to come to terms with it, having gotten to know Walter and all... Another strange thing is that Walternate didn't do far worse already by this point. In this reality, his Peter wasn't just kidnapped, he was inadvertently KILLED. You'd think the death of his boy at the hands of his doppelganger would have propelled him into a rage far worse than the Walternate we knew ever felt. Instead things basically ended up the same... Lots and lots of plotholes with the history rewriting here that I guess we have to live with. One of the biggest that bugs me is that Olivia and Walter are both still alive/unharmed even though Peter wasn't part of the team--you'd think Peter was a critical component to at least some of the positive outcomes in the crazy cases they've encountered. Apparently not.

I want to see Walter's reaction to Peter's return!!!
    Me too and my guess is he'll either a)pee his pants and/or b)go Danny Glover on his ass...

Peter: Walter I'm your son! From another quantum reality...
    Worf: So am I...probably.
    Walter: Oh forget it I'm too old for this sh**!

Quote Originally Posted by Xanderman View Post
    As for why he appeared at Reiden Lake, I assume it's because there is a bit of a hole in the universe there or a point of weakness, as that is where Walter crossed over as well.
    That makes sense.

Not sure how scientific any of this was of course but at least there's some logic to it I guess.
    For me, it wasn't so much that I didn't understand the plot or the climax, but I felt -- when I first watched it, that Walter's explanation of the energy (what it was, how it moved, where it was, how to destroy it, etc.) didn't cut it for me. The writers are usually good at explaining the science in a couple of expository sentences, but I don't think they were very effective in this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanderman View Post

- Olivia is Neo aka "The One" (Peter also has elements of Neo). Neo was the strongest of all, just like Olivia.
    - Bell is "The Architect"
    - the Other Universe is basically "the Matrix", and Our Universe is "the Real World"
    - the Hybrids are basically Agents
    - the War brewing between universes is similar to the war between the Machines and Humans in the Real World
    - Hybrid Charlie was basically Agent Smith in this. The fight with Olivia reminded me of when Neo first went face to face against Smith and stood his ground. Smith was always dressed in a suit, as was Hybrid Charlie here.
    - Agents could become other people, transforming their appearance at will. Similar to the shapeshifting Hybrids.
    - Peter being from another universe and not really belonging in our universe, is similar to Neo not really belonging in the Matrix and sensing something wrong with the world. For Peter, our universe is the Matrix. His universe is "the real world".
    - Bell spoke of a "Gatekeeper" who Olivia had to find before the bad guys did; this is virtually identical to Neo having to find the "Keymaker" in Matrix Reloaded before the Agents got to him first (and killed him).
    Everyone trapped in the matrix thinks they r the ones in the real world.

I wasnt crazy about much. I did love seeing Torv and Noble working together. They always play Olivia so distant it was very nice to see a much warmer version of the character. Unfortunately I didnt buy what they were selling. I found it hard to accept the much warmer relationship in the face of the evaluation papers. Walter's reaction to his snooping tells me they arent so close. Very confusing message. Nice to have Peter back. I missed him. Nice to get some more back story. Olivia did run away from the Cortexiphan testing because Peter didnt talk her into coming back. Likely thats how she got close to Nina. Also love the hate/hate relationship between Nina and Walter. Curious to see where that goes.

Didnt really like blue blob or the Cameron plot device. While Camerons perspective on the testing was interesting it just seemed like a huge waste of time just to bring Peter back. In fact, I think that is the theme of the season. Each episode seems to be a general waste of time. During four epsodes the show spun it wheels simply to return itself to position one of status quo. I assume the next few weeks will be spent getting everyone back on the same time line. Basically they flushed a third of the season just getting back to normal. Now I admit I liked the season ending. I thought it was a bold move. I also realized it had to have some ramifications to carry weight. Still, this show is best when it does arcs that explore mythos. They say there is a threat coming. They need to get to it while people r still interested enough to bother. It is turnng into season four of u name the JJ Abrahms show. Alias? Lost? Get back to the story.

What if Peter's energy Fringetastically reanimated his sunken corpse at the bottom of Reiden Lake, which is about as interesting an explanation as I can come up with? wouldn't that technically make him a walking dead?

Quote Originally Posted by dru-zod2501 View Post
    What if Peter's energy Fringetastically reanimated his sunken corpse at the bottom of Reiden Lake, which is about as interesting an explanation as I can come up with? wouldn't that technically make him a walking dead?
    And wouldnt he also be a young boy... I mean young zombie?

I dont see where they r going. I cant see how they ingratiate Peter back into the lives of these people without restoring the other time line.

Interesting...
    http://www.ksitetv.com/9142/fox-nove...s-fringe-more/
    [SPOILER]so from that it sounds like the Fringe team is going to try to send Peter back to the old timeline? but that doesn't make sense since, the old timeline isn't a divergent reality, at least in the way it's depicted in the show so far. Anyway I guess there's a possibility that by the end of the Fall, things might go back to the old way[/SPOILER]

^^^I never got that impression from the spoilers. It could just easily be that they're trying to bring him back from over there. He may have crossed over sometime before or during the fall finale[I]; maybe Walternate brings kidnaps him and he projects himself like Olivia did last season....

Something "over there" occurs that hasn't happened since the universes were linked at the end of last season", that's why I have that assumption. And generally spoilers are vague.

Wazzzzzzzuuuuuppp?

You guys/gals are still at it! I was sure this thing would would have dried up now that superman is totally, totally dead. But no! It's still a valid internet destination!

Obviously, I have nothing to contribute to Fringe Chat at this moment, but this will surely change any week now! Oh yeah, there's this thing that made me say WHAT?:

the albinos wanted Peter eliminated for sure and the albino assigned to do it decided he couldn't do it. What's up with that, I ask? Wouldn't the other pasty fellows totally detect this failure to act almost right away? It's what they do, after all. So that albino must be on the lamb now, staying at real shady motels where people don't even want the rooms there for an hourly rate.

Oh and you know what else would have been great? If they'd left the "Peter's Back" thing as a surprise in their ads for the show, because the show obviously meant for it to be a surprise at the end. And here comes the network ruining it for us, just to try and get all five fans of the show to tune in on the same week or something. But what did we get as a result? An episode trying to convince us that some likeable black guy is behind the disturbances for 45 minutes when we know full well it's Peter and we're saying "Just get to the part where it's Peter already."

Chow. (Which in Californian means both hello and goodbye, and everything in between.)

Quote Originally Posted by ginnyfan View Post

It's been refreshing being without Peter. Olivia/Peter romance just doesn't do it for me. I think I could go a few more episodes without Peter... if not for Walter. Peter/Walter is the heart of the show for me along with Olivia's journey.
    Yeah, I agree. Like I have said so many times before, the O/P romance just doesn't do it for me either. BUT at the same time, I have to admit that they have used it (so far) to their advance in the development of the story and the characters. You can see it especially with Olivia. The differences between season1!Olivia and this season-Olivia are very recognizable. She isn't so guarded and emotionally wise she's stronger.

Peter/Walter relationship is seriously amusing to watch, I miss that. But it have been interesting to see Olivia/Walter as well, especially on this last episode. I mean, Olivia has never had a dad figure to look at really, it made me feels like she see that in Walter, at least a little bit.

Page 71 of 87 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast