Page 70 of 87 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1298

Thread: Fringe (FOX)

Quote Originally Posted by wellinglover66 View Post
    The ratings ticked a little up so that's good and now Olivia & Walt are going to start find out about Peter. So maybe this will get more curious viewers how they going to bring back Peter.

I ♥ and Miss you Jim MannaBanana's Avatar
    Oh I just had a thought. What if the new threat coming has something to do with that mystery guy Olivia said was "Was the guy she was pretty sure was going to kill her" in season 3 ep 19. Fringe isnt really known for just abandoning storylines and that one seemed like it was going to be major then there was never a mention of it again! So maybe Cartoon Guy is the big threat? I really need to know what the deal with him is!

The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clois/is/hot View Post
    The ratings ticked a little up so that's good and now Olivia & Walt are going to start find out about Peter. So maybe this will get more curious viewers how they going to bring back Peter.
    I'm sadly wayyy behind on Fringe but maybe that was the issue - people missed Peter? And hearing he'll be back may have helped?

Although I've got to say, the other cast members I interviewed the other day were awesome people.

I wonder...after Peter's return, will they continue with the present timeline? Will they have Peter remember everything while everyone else remains clueless to their altered lives. And thus the rest of the season is of Peter reintegrating back into the Fringe team as well as his relationships with Walter/Olivia.

Quote Originally Posted by darkphoenix21 View Post
    I wonder...after Peter's return, will they continue with the present timeline? Will they have Peter remember everything while everyone else remains clueless to their altered lives. And thus the rest of the season is of Peter reintegrating back into the Fringe team as well as his relationships with Walter/Olivia.
    Peter must remember because he knows Walters name. If he didnt remember the old time line why would he even be contacting the two of them? The theme for the rest of the season will be awkward.

That's what I really meant to say...Peter will be the only one to remember the old timeline but everyone else will be clueless which will mean he will have to re-intergret into a life where people may vaguely know him.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 10-09-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MannaBanana View Post
    Oh I just had a thought. What if the new threat coming has something to do with that mystery guy Olivia said was "Was the guy she was pretty sure was going to kill her" in season 3 ep 19. Fringe isnt really known for just abandoning storylines
    I don't think they've forgotten about him, but they certainly forgot about Agent Jessup's storyline in Season 2. It seemed like she was going to be the next major recurring character, but then she just up and disappeared. Since there is a new timeline, I don't expect them to elaborate on who that mystery man in the animated ep was.

Me Grimlock no like u! Xanderman's Avatar
    So September not saving Peter from drowning is indeed the change to the timeline that erases him. But if they can take that back, why not just take back September's initial interference that started all the trouble to begin with? The Observers were bugged that September caused Walternate to miss the positive result (finding the cure), thus changing history as they knew it. September's apparent fix was to then save Peter from drowning after Walter kidnaps him, thus allowing him to grow up and create the bridge. And then after that, they decided they needed to erase him because he apparently wasn't supposed to exist (was supposed to drown), having served his purpose as the bridge creator. Which of course opens up the huge plothole that you can't very well take back his existence without taking back everything connected to him, like the bridge, but that's another matter altogether. What it really comes down to is, why not just take back the first interference, allow Walternate to discover the positive result and save his Peter? That's how things were "supposed" to happen, so why didn't the Observers just fix that event instead. September obviously interfered on purpose, but the other Observers were clueless to that. Begs yet another question as to why September wanted the 2 worlds to collide (by forcing Walter to cross over) -- as he and he alone was the instigator of all this. Perhaps it's connected to this new threat you're all talking about. Maybe in the original universe/multiverse, this threat "wins". And September, who "cares" about humanity, foresaw a better outcome -- and it required the 2 worlds working together.

It's bad that I have enjoyed Fringe without Peter? I mean, I like him and I'm glad that he'll be back soon but I haven't really miss him that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanderman View Post
    So September not saving Peter from drowning is indeed the change to the timeline that erases him. But if they can take that back, why not just take back September's initial interference that started all the trouble to begin with? The Observers were bugged that September caused Walternate to miss the positive result (finding the cure), thus changing history as they knew it. September's apparent fix was to then save Peter from drowning after Walter kidnaps him, thus allowing him to grow up and create the bridge. And then after that, they decided they needed to erase him because he apparently wasn't supposed to exist (was supposed to drown), having served his purpose as the bridge creator. Which of course opens up the huge plothole that you can't very well take back his existence without taking back everything connected to him, like the bridge, but that's another matter altogether. What it really comes down to is, why not just take back the first interference, allow Walternate to discover the positive result and save his Peter? That's how things were "supposed" to happen, so why didn't the Observers just fix that event instead. September obviously interfered on purpose, but the other Observers were clueless to that. Begs yet another question as to why September wanted the 2 worlds to collide (by forcing Walter to cross over) -- as he and he alone was the instigator of all this. Perhaps it's connected to this new threat you're all talking about. Maybe in the original universe/multiverse, this threat "wins". And September, who "cares" about humanity, foresaw a better outcome -- and it required the 2 worlds working together.
    That's what I was wondering. And I think you might be on to something with the 'both worlds need to work together' thing, cause that would make sense~ I didn't even think of that, and I bet you're right!

Quote Originally Posted by Novak Fan View Post
    It's bad that I have enjoyed Fringe without Peter? I mean, I like him and I'm glad that he'll be back soon but I haven't really miss him that much.
    I like a strong male lead so I'll be glad when Peter returns but it has been interesting without him but I do miss him especially the Peter and Walter relationship.

WOW. I just watched last week's episode. Talk about a tearjerker.

Quote Originally Posted by kernel_thai View Post
    My thoughts: episode was ordinary, John Nobles performance extraordinary, ending was absolutely epic! They really need to nominate John Noble for an Emmy before they cancel the show out from in under him.
    I completely agree. John Noble just keeps on topping himself. And I think he deserved an Emmy during the first season! I guess this really was a monster of the week episode and how cool that the monster was a brain. I really enjoyed the monster and the fact that it had the potential to munch on everyone in Boston. Walter projecting his feelings for Peter onto the little boy (Aaron?) was SO HEARTBREAKING. When Walter yelled at Broyles "You're going to kill Peter!" I started to cry and the episode wouldn't really let me stop.

Later, Walter's pleas to the lonely kid to let the Gus go... oh that broke my heart! More tears. THEN at the end when Walter was going to lobotomize himself I SOBBED! Oh man. I didn't really miss Peter but... bring Peter back and end this PAIN!!!

Love the reveal that Olivia has been seeing Peter in her dreams. There was a Nina/Massive Dynamic mention. Wow... there was so much going on in this episode. My heart was in my throat and I was yelling at the screen and totally grossed out! Fringe is back!

Quote Originally Posted by Xanderman View Post
    September obviously interfered on purpose, but the other Observers were clueless to that. Begs yet another question as to why September wanted the 2 worlds to collide (by forcing Walter to cross over) -- as he and he alone was the instigator of all this. Perhaps it's connected to this new threat you're all talking about. Maybe in the original universe/multiverse, this threat "wins". And September, who "cares" about humanity, foresaw a better outcome -- and it required the 2 worlds working together.
    Ack! I love this idea! I'm excited to see what this other threat is. I'm already enjoying the two worlds working together in the limited way that they do so... yeah. I hope it's not a third world. I hope it's something totally OUT THERE and bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Novak Fan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBird View Post
    I like a strong male lead so I'll be glad when Peter returns but it has been interesting without him but I do miss him especially the Peter and Walter relationship.
    It's been refreshing being without Peter. Olivia/Peter romance just doesn't do it for me. I think I could go a few more episodes without Peter... if not for Walter. Peter/Walter is the heart of the show for me along with Olivia's journey.

I enjoyed the interview with the guy who plays the Lincolns. I hope that he does stick around after Peter's return. Nerd!Linc had the best quote of the night: “I’m a little freaked out. Do you want to talk about it?” I really needed a laugh at the moment.

I really wanted to see Olivia with a flamethrower. <3

Love that Walter named the brainiac fungus Gus.

Yeah!!!! Peter is back....darn them; we got to wait 2 weeks for the next new episode.

I figured it be at the very end of the episode and Peter is the only one that remembers the old timeline.

So glad Peter is back Should be interesting with Peter being the only one that remembers.

Quote Originally Posted by darkphoenix21 View Post
    Yeah!!!! Peter is back....darn them; we got to wait 2 weeks for the next new episode.
    I was thinking the exact same thing! It's even worse for me: My Fox affiliate station ALWAYS interrupts the trailers for the next episode so their newscast doesn't run over. *eyeroll*

Anyway, I felt that this week's episode was a little off. None of it seemed that cohesive to me. I didn't really understand why/how Cameron/Mark's interference at that moment displaced Peter's energy causing him to appear at Reiden Lake. And what did Olivia's firing of the gun have to do with anything? (other than to distract Cameron/Mark?)

I don't know, maybe I just need to rewatch. I'm glad to see Peter, but wondering where they're going to be at season's end as far as storylines go.

Page 70 of 87 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast