Page 1 of 87 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Fringe (FOX)

The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Fringe (FOX)

One of my friends told me about this new show from JJ Abrams of Lost, Alias, and Cloverfield fame. So, I figured I'd start the ball rolling and let you all chat about it here!

Any Ideas what it will be about?? or who has been cast in it?

Isn't there some kind of writer's strike going on.

I believe the deal was made before the strike...

For those that are interested in Fringe, there are several long trailers/preview clips and promo photos here:

http://the-fringe-element.com

So, I've seen the pilot... well, let's say I've seen the first 45 minutes and was bored out of my mind.

I just couldn't connect with this one. Joshua Jackson has grown from Pacey into a poor man's George Clooney, and sadly, he's one of the most likable parts.

Did anyone else find a way to see this and possibly like it? Or am I in a minority here?

Quote Originally Posted by KryptonSite View Post
    So, I've seen the pilot... well, let's say I've seen the first 45 minutes and was bored out of my mind.

I just couldn't connect with this one. Joshua Jackson has grown from Pacey into a poor man's George Clooney, and sadly, he's one of the most likable parts.

Did anyone else find a way to see this and possibly like it? Or am I in a minority here?
    I didn't know the pilot was already on? Or was it online? To me the show looks like a rip-off of Torchwood (which deals with things coming through a rift or portal). I'll have to watch it at least once.......just to see lol

I think the show will be good, I mean it is JJ Abrams we are talking about here, come on

I'll give it a 3 episode way, as I do with any new show I watch. If I lose interest after the first 3, I ditch it from my veiwing schedule.

I think the premiere will be 2 hours long. Either way, I got bored around the 40-minute mark.

It's available online; I'm not going to break one of my own site rules by saying exactly where

I am excited to see Joshua Jackson. I am hoping that it is a good show, because I really enjoy seeing Joshua in stuff.

Saw the pilot at ComicCon and it was....ok. It was missing something. Loved the cooky doctor and Josh Jackson but the main girl seemed out of place and the whole love relationship thing didn't make much sense. I think that the show has potential but that a lot of people are going to be turned off by the show from the pilot.

Josh Jackson had the best lines imo - him and his dad on the show ARE the show - and could run it without the chick....

They just packed too many strange things in - they should have just stuck with one phenom and ran with it instead of overkill with crazy stuff. X-Files had it right - pick a theme and go with it and stray on different episodes to new ideas - not all in one episode.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeClark View Post
    I'll give it a 3 episode way, as I do with any new show I watch. If I lose interest after the first 3, I ditch it from my veiwing schedule.
    good call - that's usually what I do as well.
    Last edited by Ginx; 07-29-2008 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I see the advanced advertising they are doing for this show and it only reminds me of Bionic Woman and the cancellation that followed. Seeing that this is fox putting out the show, I can only imagine the same fate.

Fox does have a knack for cancelling, well, anything on their network that I actually watch. Tru Calling comes to mind...

Very interesting season premiere is all I can say.

I'm curious to see where it goes.

Page 1 of 87 123451151 ... LastLast