No announcement yet.

It's time to destroy FOS Jor-El

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackcelebration
    Isn't Jor-El already dead?? We're talking about AI Jor-El!!
    now you're just splitting hairs. We're talking about the the Jor-El in Clark's life. And getting rid of him isn't going to bring Clark any closer to the path to Superman

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
      now you're just splitting hairs. We're talking about the the Jor-El in Clark's life. And getting rid of him isn't going to bring Clark any closer to the path to Superman
      Really??

Maybe in the Superman Comic or Film Universe Jor-El is important but this Jor-El is expecting Clark to abandon everyone when as stated by others that there are Kryto-Freaks, Lex, and other problems going on.

I know that Lana is also an issue but so is Jor-El AI.

The problem is that is Smallville Jor-El AI hasn't been portrayed as a loving father more like someone who has forced his will on someone. First he killed Jonathan something that goes against all of Superman's characteristic's. Second because Clark chose to help HIS COUSIN Jor-El punishes him by entrapping him in a block of ice.

In that time Bizarro escaped & it was only because of luck that he never killed anyone whilst Clark was in the ice. Plus all the other problems Jor-El AI has caused as stated before by destroying or somehow Jor-El AI shows a dramatic change in attiude then TFOS could be the one thing that stands between Clark becoming Superman!!!

Comment

I really want to kill him myself. For one reason and one reason only:
        I keep waiting for there to be a reason to the madness that is Jor-El. And there never has been. I hate that, especially when there are so many interesting reasons that he could do what he does.

Comment

^ I agree. I truly hate how they are making Jor-el out to be. First he's a killer, then he's a murderer, then he's soap, now he's an idiot based off of a scientist that was a humanitarian. Seriously, I'm tired of all this bashing of the greatest DC characters of all time. Jor-el is a good character, yet we're reduced to him being a complete jerk for no reason at all.

I too am looking for an explanation for why he is the way he is, but they simply make him continuously do stupid things to push Clark away. Its not a father's will at all from my estimation. its time for them to explin the character or just end the show because im sick of smallville's contradictions.

Comment

All Clark has to do is upload Windows 95/98 to the FOS and Jor-El will become the blue screen of death.

Comment

Hahahahahahaha.
              Jor-El is the equivalent of AOL software. Once you've uploaded him, you can't get him out of your life... er computer. Like a virus.

Comment

i dont thinks so...
                but If Jor-El kills Lana all is forgiven!!!

Comment

Jor-El rules.

I'll not sit idly by and stand for any blasphemer who claims otherwise
                  (Actually, I will sit by, but don't let them know that!)

Comment

lol doesn't matter; they got what they wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
                      come on now. Apart from the cryptic message in the ship, this Jor-El has done nothing to imply Kal was intended to conquer humanity.

Whatever Kal-El's intended destiny is it's higher than humans. To most Kryptonians we're inconsequential, no more special than your average rat or insect. He's never directed Clark in that direction to take control, but as you pointed out they're disposable to him. Humans do the same to other species all the time.

And please remind me... just what could have Jor-El have done to stop the phantoms? shake and rumble, "while lecturing them do death?" If he had the power to stop the phantom why did he let Clark out at all?
                      Jor-El has many powers, when it's convenient to the plot. He can give and take away super-powers, and life itself. I don't doubt something with that kind of power could have done more to stop the Phantoms.

Jor-El is a defective machine that has turned dangerous on many occasions, such as kidnapping and mind-raping a young girl, then killing her, as well as branding his son and freezing him in a block of ice. He is as bad a parent and person as Lionel Luthor ever was and he should be destroyed. It wouldn't be killing anyway, it's just a machine, like Brainiac.

----- Added 56 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by xrayvision
                      He is not the key to Clark becoming Superman. In the Donner movie he was, and that was a huge mistake. I do want Clark to learn about Krypton & technology from him but not to stay with him for 12 years and emerge as Superman. That would be stupid. Clark should become Superman based on himself, his desires to help mankind, and the way he was brought up. Jor-El should only facilitate the process by making him wiser in terms of technology, kryptonite & history.
                      Exactly.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by blackcelebration
                      Well it's not as if he had the power to create a FAKE KARA or REVERSE TIME or create a device that can destroy BRAINIAC or ZOD & of course he has the power to trap Clark A KRYPTONIAN in ice but nah he couldn't have tried something with The Phantoms

Isn't Jor-El already dead?? We're talking about AI Jor-El!!
                      Hee, so true.

But it's not the evil of Jor-El that bothers me the most; it's the power. This Jor-El could save the world every day if he wanted to. At the least, he could empower every single human on the planet and then we wouldn't need Superman. But no; he imposes it all on his son. And he has no concern for his son's morals or anything like that. Why is he concerned with saving this world if he doesn't care about it's people? What ever happened to "They are a great people, Kal-El, they can be. They only lack the light?" This is NOT Marlon Brando's Jor-El or any other for that matter.

God, the inconsistencies are just SO OBVIOUS and the writers just either don't notice or don't care. They don't have any respect for their audience or passion for their art. It's just a job to them, and one they slack off at.
                      Last edited by Fat Elvis 007; 08-07-2008, 06:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎