Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Clark did the right thing by going to kill bizarro?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexander III
    Lana did. Not Clark.
    exactly, but if Clark´s motive is killing Bizarro just because he slept with Lana the yes, Clark is a stupid again.

Comment

Originally posted by HowardFilms
      Ah, but is Bizarro dead, or is the copied kryptonian body destroyed? I would argue the latter.
      I was thinking along these lines too. The phantom's corporeal body had already been destroyed in the PZ. Bizzarro's body was really Clark's body stolen from him by the phantom. Does Clark not have the right to control his own personal DNA and the use of it? Is the phantom dead or just Clark's replication? Could the phantom have gone into another body? Say...Lana's? (He did seem to really enjoy intimacy with her.) Just thinking out loud here. Could the phantom jump into another body even if it is not within spitting distance? Just wondering.

In any event, if Clark did in fact cause Biz's death, could it not be construed as self defense? Biz was going to kill Clark so he could take over Clarks' life. After all, the "shoes fit pretty well."
      Last edited by Dor el; 02-02-2008, 08:51 PM.

Comment

I voted no. Bizarro was up to no good, and he wasn't going to stop. However Martian Manhunter imprisoned him was not good enough. Clark couldn't know all the particulars, but he had the phantom pegged.

Has anyone ever attempted to explain why Superman has gone to such lengths not to kill? What if it's because Clark killed and regretted it?

Comment

Maybe he thought blue K would weaken him the same way green K weakend him. That what I thought at frist but he actually had to touch it. As for the liquid guy, it never actually showed him dying. It just showed him falling into the lava or whatever that was. I bet he could still come back if the lava cold off.
          Last edited by kp1984; 02-02-2008, 09:37 PM.

Comment

He was told by Brainiac (posing as Lionel) that Blue Kryptonite would give Bizarro way too much power for him to handle, that his energy level would rise exponentially and be destroyed from all that power.

In Phantom, Clark already had tried to use the S-shield to try and trap the Phantom (what would become Bizarro) in the phantom zone, but the Phantom was so powerful that it broke the S-shield, and entered Clark's body, duplicating his DNA in the process, and hence we got Bizarro.

Comment

Clark has had the intention to kill twice, Titan and Bizarro. And both were too powerful for mankind to defend against, so that is why I find it acceptable. Not to mention that both Titan and Bizarro proved to be killers. Lana giving the blue K to Bizarro is meaningless, she did what Clark attempted to do, and did so because Clark told her it was necessary to kill Bizarro. I hold Lana free from this. She was simply assisting Clark do what he came to do, and that was to kill Bizarro.

Comment

Originally Posted by [B
                Technically, Bizarro didn't do anything to harm anyone since his return. If anything, he was just trying to take over Clark's life, even if it meant saving people. Realistically speaking, how would you feel if you were imprisoned, and your enemy pretended to be you and had sex with your girl for a month? [/b]!:

(my quote's aren't working)

True. How would you feel if you were created, called a failure, and put in the Phantom Zone just for that? You'd want a life, which is waht Bizarro wanted all long. To be loved, to actually have a life. But he needed Kryptonian Dna to live. At first, yes, he was a bad phantom. He tried to kill Clark (so he could live his life) and in the process gained not only all of his memories, but his emotions and feelings. After a while on Mars, Bizarro probably began to miss Lana, who he'd never met, but who he'd seen in Clark's memories and snice the feelings were copied, when he returned, he began to really fall in love with her. How would you feel if your whole life, you were in prison, and after years, fianlly got out and had a chance at a normal life, and then that person came back because Bizarro wanted to get rid of his problem so he could truly live a life? That's all he ever wanted. But that's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dor el
                  I was thinking along these lines too. The phantom's corporeal body had already been destroyed in the PZ. Bizzarro's body was really Clark's body stolen from him by the phantom. Does Clark not have the right to control his own personal DNA and the use of it? Is the phantom dead or just Clark's replication? Could the phantom have gone into another body? Say...Lana's? (He did seem to really enjoy intimacy with her.) Just thinking out loud here. Could the phantom jump into another body even if it is not within spitting distance? Just wondering.

In any event, if Clark did in fact cause Biz's death, could it not be construed as self defense? Biz was going to kill Clark so he could take over Clarks' life. After all, the "shoes fit pretty well."

No - its not possible.

Remember - a Kryptonian body/DNA is the only thing strong enough to sustain the Phantom, hence his search for Clark. Any other human body he is in dissolves within 24 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by bc1sjw
                    No - its not possible.

Remember - a Kryptonian body/DNA is the only thing strong enough to sustain the Phantom, hence his search for Clark. Any other human body he is in dissolves within 24 hours.
                    I think it is possible because Brainiac was involved. I don't think he would simply want Bizarro dead. He can accomplish much more if he has Bizarro around to keep Clark busy. But Bizarro in his previous form had a mind of his own and could rebel. If he would however recreate Bizarro in the classical sense, he would have a confused superbeing he can use against Clark and not have to worry about loyalty issues.

Brainiac knew that the body the phantom created for itself out of Clark's DNA could not handle the energy acquired from blue-k. But that doesn't mean the phantom who created that body can't. Bizarro is not a typical Kryptonian, so I would think the Bizarro phantom still exists in a higher energy form after sucking off the energy in the blue-k.

My main point is that the body the phantom created was flawed, not the phantom itself. Unlike that of a true Kryptonian's, his body reacted to things in the opposite sense. It was only when Clark's DNA was used to create Bizarro's body that kryptonite and sunlight affected him the way it did. When he was a phantom, such things did not bother him. Sunlight didn't since he was flying around Iguazu Falls in broad daylight. Neither did Clark's crystal. And I'm guessing blue-k wouldn't either. Since Bizarro isn't your typical Kryptonian, I don't think his phantom would die once his body dies. This could be yet another indirectly related attribute of Bizarro's vs. those of all other Kryptonians.

Comment

Originally posted by vezz801
                      Originally Posted by [B
                      True. How would you feel if you were created, called a failure, and put in the Phantom Zone just for that? You'd want a life, which is waht Bizarro wanted all long. To be loved, to actually have a life. But he needed Kryptonian Dna to live. At first, yes, he was a bad phantom. He tried to kill Clark (so he could live his life) and in the process gained not only all of his memories, but his emotions and feelings. After a while on Mars, Bizarro probably began to miss Lana, who he'd never met, but who he'd seen in Clark's memories and snice the feelings were copied, when he returned, he began to really fall in love with her. How would you feel if your whole life, you were in prison, and after years, fianlly got out and had a chance at a normal life, and then that person came back because Bizarro wanted to get rid of his problem so he could truly live a life? That's all he ever wanted. But that's just my opinion.
                      Bizarro fried that guy who tried to help him (after he had Clark's body), why would you feel sorry for a killer.

The only reason he didn't kill the second time in Smallville because it would have ruined his pretending to be Clark. He fed off of Clark's loved ones to get the love he needed. He was a cheat. He was a body stealer, he was a killer. Just being in the phantom zone meant he was no good.

Comment

With my personal ethics it was the right thing to do, however Clark's morals are different then mine. Under the morals Clark should have, killing Bizarro would be wrong. Therefore it was the wrong thing for Clark to have done. What I think is right has nothing to do with it.

Comment

Both the times Clark has almost killed is because his emotions almost got the better of him. In 6x17 it was just after the wedding so he was still let down that Lana married Lex, and in this episode he found out Lana was in bed with him and everyone didn't notice the difference between him and the phantom, I would be mad too. He also knows that he escaped from being captured the first time, so possibly the only plausable way to get rid of him for good would of been to destroy him, so he did, and technically the only person he has killed is the guy in 6x15 when he rebounded the laser thing.

Comment

Didn't Clark kill Wes Keenan in season 6's Prototype to protect Lois because Wes had no control of his body?

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎