Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Jor-El in this show is a failure

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jor-El as I pointed out in another post, also seems moronic. He knew about Bizarro's weakness to sunlight and knew about the eclipse and couldn't realize that the circumstances were perfect for Bizarro's return.

This just further justifies why they should have made Bizarro be the one to trap Clark by shutting down Jor-El (explaining why the FOS was so dark in Gemini).

Comment

Super time out!

Comment

all the WTF feelings aside, I want to see some "consequences" between Clark and Jor-El. Clark is an idiot yes, but that kind of punishment is overkill should not just be forgotten. Any empathy Clark might have had toward his Kryptonian family should be all but gone

Comment

If Jor-El wanted to punish Clark, he should have re-released Clark's Kal-El side and have him give Clark the long-deserved spanking/buttkicking instead and have that be the training. Though I would rather have that happen voluntarily with Clark's consent/initiation.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
            It made no sense that Jor-El trapped Clark in the FOS when Brainiac & Bizarro got loose. That just makes him look really bad. I was really hoping that Bizarro trapped Clark. That's just crappy writing. Trapping Clark and then releasing him was pointless. He's still a BDA. They showed the FOS all dark and lifeless and now they show it all alive & well. Very inconsistent. And Jor-El who usually knows everything that's going to happen and even predicted Zod's return before it happened had no idea that Brainiac & Bizarro were loose.

I'm very disappointed in that aspect of this episode. It was great except for that.
            I agree. It makes no sense.

Comment

Clark is the kind of strong-willed child which discipline doesn't work on. He needed an ass whipping. Jor-El should have tossed him in the Phantom Zone for a while and been whipped by bullies.

Comment

Yea but teh thing is that Jor-el should have downloaded some knowledgte into clark the whole time he was frozen to get him to become the Clark we actually want to see. Freezing him for months did nothing to further who he will become, all it will eventually do is add more angst and animosity towards Clark and Jor-el, which is dumb.

Comment

Tossing him in the Phantom Zone would only mean more prisoners getting sucked back to Earth when he escapes. I want his Kal-El half to kick his ass very badly.

----- Added 41 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Theshadow129x
                  Yea but teh thing is that Jor-el should have downloaded some knowledgte into clark the whole time he was frozen to get him to become the Clark we actually want to see. Freezing him for months did nothing to further who he will become, all it will eventually do is add more angst and animosity towards Clark and Jor-el, which is dumb.
                  Doing that would just further show what a failure Smallville's Superman would be because he would have been unable to start his training on his own free will, making Superman a product of Jor-El.
                  Last edited by xrayvision; 01-31-2008, 10:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

^ I dont think tehy should bring in Kal because we got Bizarro and Bizarro is, in a sense, what Kal is: someone that will accept what they are and achieve their ultimate goal and destiny. With Bizarro on the show, he told Clark things out loud that Clark never wanted to admit to himself which sort of helps in a way but Clark is in full denial of who he really is and what he wants.

Comment

Tossing him in the Phantom Zone would only mean more prisoners getting sucked back to Earth when he escapes.
                      Only if Clark breaks out. If he were drawn out by an outside influence, only he would leave. But I doubt TPTB did that much research from the comics.

Comment

Tossing him in the Phantom Zone would only mean more prisoners getting sucked back to Earth when he escapes. I want his Kal-El half to kick his ass very badly.

----- Added 41 Seconds later -----

Doing that would just further show what a failure Smallville's Superman would be because he would have been unable to start his training on his own free will, making Superman a product of Jor-El.
                        But the Clark in smallville is a complete failure. he doesnt want to save anyone outside of people in his life he's afraid of being alone. They keep shoving the fact that he is to take up his destiny but it will only happen when Lana is gone. Thats what they have been showing us. he could never be superman. Period. Its clear to me now.

Comment

Clark-as-Superman from Earth 1 needs to come and whip Clark's ass, then force him to never embarrass himself again by keeping him on the farm forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshadow129x
                            But the Clark in smallville is a complete failure. he doesnt want to save anyone outside of people in his life he's afraid of being alone. They keep shoving the fact that he is to take up his destiny but it will only happen when Lana is gone. Thats what they have been showing us. he could never be superman. Period. Its clear to me now.
                            That's why I've been saying the best thing for them to have done is to put Clark in a situation where he would be in a bad situation against Zod & Brainiac or Brainiac & Bizarro where he would be forced to release his Kal-El side as a temporary ally to beat the evil villians. Then once that's over, he would have to face his alternate self (Kal-El) and stop him as he is living up to his destiny and ruling humans with force. By this, I mean Kal-El would not be evil, but wouldn't be a great hero with morals like Superman. He would badly beat up & injure criminals to restore peace and do things that Superman wouldn't. And Clark would be put into a situation where he would finally realize that preventing the pain of others by stopping and learning how to overpower and beat Kal-El in battle is more important to him than being with Lana.

He needs to beat a super tough foe, and Kal-El is the one rival who I think can kick the crap out of any villian ever seen on this show. I think beating someone as tough as Kal-El is a must if he's ever to survive one encounter with Darkseid, who is so much tougher.

Comment

I think Clark needs to go to the FOS and sit down and have a real conversation with Jor-El. No defensiveness. Just a straight out explanation for everything. But Clark is just so turned off by even the idea of talking to him.

Comment

Originally posted by pacofajita
                                I think Clark needs to go to the FOS and sit down and have a real conversation with Jor-El. No defensiveness. Just a straight out explanation for everything. But Clark is just so turned off by even the idea of talking to him.
                                Unless Jor-El makes a projection of himself as Lana.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎