No announcement yet.

The Jor-El in this show is a failure

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jor-El in this show is a failure

It made no sense that Jor-El trapped Clark in the FOS when Brainiac & Bizarro got loose. That just makes him look really bad. I was really hoping that Bizarro trapped Clark. That's just crappy writing. Trapping Clark and then releasing him was pointless. He's still a BDA. They showed the FOS all dark and lifeless and now they show it all alive & well. Very inconsistent. And Jor-El who usually knows everything that's going to happen and even predicted Zod's return before it happened had no idea that Brainiac & Bizarro were loose.

I'm very disappointed in that aspect of this episode. It was great except for that.

Well to make up for Jor-El, He released Clark when he learned the Phantom was there, so it wasn't like that was part of the punishment.

Comment

But if Clark didn't have any training and he was there for a month, what was the point? Was it so he would stay there until everyone he knew died of old age and he could complete his destiny?

Comment

Yeah, that was a bit of a plot hole. Maybe thats how kryptonians discipline their children?

Comment

I have been mad at jor-el since that woman died, you remember the woman who pretended to be someone , I forgot her name and the episode ,and jor-el killed her. I hated him/computer since then.
          All talk, except for saving clark's life in season 5, ty jor-el

Comment

This was my only problem in this episode. I also wish they explained Brainiac's creation for once and how Jor-El & Dax-Ur were both involved in it. I wanted Clark to finally ask some questions. He's such an ignorant BDA.

Comment

Considering Dax-Ur would be alot older than Jor-El since hes been on Earth for a hundred years at least. Yet he knew about the portals being destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                It made no sense that Jor-El trapped Clark in the FOS when Brainiac & Bizarro got loose. That just makes him look really bad. I was really hoping that Bizarro trapped Clark. That's just crappy writing. Trapping Clark and then releasing him was pointless. He's still a BDA. They showed the FOS all dark and lifeless and now they show it all alive & well. Very inconsistent. And Jor-El who usually knows everything that's going to happen and even predicted Zod's return before it happened had no idea that Brainiac & Bizarro were loose.

I'm very disappointed in that aspect of this episode. It was great except for that.

OK What If.......Jor-El froze Clark knowing that Bizarro escaped. Knowing that Bizarro would try to take over Clark's life, and sleep with Lana, the true ONE thing that is holding him back from his training and his destiny. Knowing it would possibly put a BIG crater between Clana. ?????? IMO

Comment

Eri-El, if that's true, then Jor-El himself is a maniac not fit to give anyone advice. He had no idea what Bizarro would do. He fried someone to death for helping him.

I think it was a bad move on Jor-El's part and really took away the month's worth of built up suspense of how Clark would escape from the crystal.

Comment

I think that it was a bit of a wth moment as in it would have been good if it was explained why Jor-El froze CK in the first place. Replaying 'there will be consequences' every time CK fk's up tells us nothing.

I thought, maybe, that Jor-El froze CK 1) so he could think about his actions and 2) to prevent CK from doing anything else stupid for a bit.

Jor-El maybe is not paying as much attention to the villians at large because he was focused on CK....being a big block of ice I guess has it's disadvantages lol....

Wonder what happened to MM for Bizarro to get released......

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
                      Wonder what happened to MM for Bizarro to get released......
                      Nothing. MM probably left Bizarro in a sunny spot that wasn't so sunny once the eclipse hit. I doubt he was playing watchdog since he did interact with Clark after trapping Bizarro in Bizarro.

Comment

I so agree, I think they really tarnished Jor-el, no matter what they do now he can’t be redeemed on any level. He has shown an iron fist but not a warm heart to his son.

Comment

Nothing. MM probably left Bizarro in a sunny spot that wasn't so sunny once the eclipse hit. I doubt he was playing watchdog since he did interact with Clark after trapping Bizarro in Bizarro.

uhm...you mean like that crappy Nuclear Man and Superman fight on the moon? Where Superman took away the sunlight? Just the opposite - MM put him right next to the sun.... I thought Bizarro had a one way ticket to the Phantom Zone? Oh well, I guess it's 50-50 if they'll explain it....ever....

Comment

Chloe said he was taken to the sunny side of Mars, but Mars doesn't have a side that's permanently sunny (it has days & nights like Earth). This could be literal or just a figure of speech. But even if it was a literal comment from her and it did turn night, Bizarro would be exposed to constant sunlight if he left Mars.

So MM didn't need to watch him constantly. There's no doubt in my mind that he returned during the eclipse. It wasn't a normal eclipse. The sun was blocked by water molecules (as Chloe said) somewhere before its rays reached Earth. Everything in the solar system from Earth onward did not get sunlight. Since Mars is the next planet after Earth, it was completely dark there too and if Bizarro escaped Mars at that point, there would be no sunlight hitting him even after he left Mars and approached Earth during the eclipse.

Comment

Eri-El, if that's true, then Jor-El himself is a maniac not fit to give anyone advice. He had no idea what Bizarro would do. He fried someone to death for helping him.

I think it was a bad move on Jor-El's part and really took away the month's worth of built up suspense of how Clark would escape from the crystal.

Well it could be true......When Clark asked Jor-El "what happened to dedicating your life to help others? Jor-El replied "That is not my mission". So, Jor-El would have known that people could have gotten hurt knowing Bizarro was out there when he froze Clark.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎