Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clana4everfan2
    All the CW does is promote GG and it's getting rather annoying. They spend less money and effort on SV. Smallville is the only show that is actually keeping any viewers watching the network. SV has a big fan base and you'd think they'd spend time or effort on that a bit to show more trailers.
    You'd think. I don't know what happened to their priorities, but I get a good chuckle out of the Gossip Girl promos calling it a "phenomenon" and saying it's "sweeping the nation" or whatever. Really CW? Why is it a ratings failure then?

Get back to focusing on Smallville, the show that's kept your network from dying for years now.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
      You'd think. I don't know what happened to their priorities, but I get a good chuckle out of the Gossip Girl promos calling it a "phenomenon" and saying it's "sweeping the nation" or whatever. Really CW? Why is it a ratings failure then?
      The biggest hit of the season, the show everyone's talking about, blah, blah, blah. It's kind of pathetic what the CW will do to get viewers for that show.

I don't get why the CW's usually so bad at promoting Thursday night.

Comment

Shouldn't we all e-mail CW like crazy to tell them what we think instead of just here in this forum? Tell them how much we enjoy watching this show and need the trailer at the end of a new episode! If no one speaks up, then nothing gets changed, is how I see it. From my past experiences, I find writing letters and speaking to the appropriate individuals have definitely made positive changes in a number of various situations in my life. Let's all bombard CW now! It worked for Star Trek back in the 60's, so why not with this show. Let's go, let's go!

Comment

It's not the advertisments, well maybe some, but it's mainly the strike. I almost didn't watch because the strike is still going. Have you looked at the spoilers?

It's kind of like, why tune in after a 2 month wait, just to see 3 episodes, and then another month wait, and then only 3 more episodes until a huge 5 or 6 month break.

That's the problem. I'm one of the biggest Superman fans, so if I almost didn't watch, guess what? That episode had 3 Kryptonians and no irritating Kara. So, it did really, really good. It was a good episode. Without the strike, 2 million more easily.

Gee Thanks TV execs for not settling with the writers. Thanks for taking our favorite show from us, we were only getting one more seaon, now we won't get the rest of this season.

I'm not looking forward to a Green Arrow episode next week.

Comment

I loved Persona.
            3.8 million viewers is not bad for strike season episode.
            I hope we get an 8th season.
            I am always looking forward to a new episode.

Comment

They did show this week's trailer during Life is Wild, so that was a good thing. Because of the reruns, I did almost forget to watch the new SV this week on Wednesday, but got to see the last 15 minutes, which was so maddening after waiting SO long! Hope the ratings will improve enough that we do get an 8th season. Sounds like the strike just may be over soon, yay!

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
                I think the more likely reason for a drop (and there will be one) is the fact that the people who don't watch The CW regularly and check websites won't know when the show's coming back, since the schedules been so messed up.
                I agree. If I didn't make a point out of keeping up with the show online and in the magazines, I would have missed this episode. I thought we were out of new ones until after the strike, but alas! There are more!

SO glad I didn't miss Persona. It was just plain AWESOME.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by beatles4
                Sounds like the strike just may be over soon, yay!
                Really? Any new news on that front?

If it ends soon, I wonder if we'll still get more episodes, or if it's already too late.
                Last edited by diinIN; 02-05-2008, 01:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The CW

It doesn't matter how great a show is if people can see it. Last I checked The CW's broadcast range of affiliates only covered 83% of the U.S. so there's still millions that they're missing from the ratings, I mean The WB covered around 91% of the country so what's with that? I think it was stupid that when The CW started it only had 48% but th fact they increased it almost 40% in a year is at least something. Apparently The CW plans to eventually get more than 95% of the country but it's a shame is isn't currently like that now! Btw for Nielsen ratings, do they count only the U.S. or do they include Canada and Mexico and other countries that view the show at the exact same time also? I mean there could be like a million viewers watching from Canada but if Nielsen doesn't take that into account that's the difference between 4 million and 5 million which is a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastKryptonian
                    It doesn't matter how great a show is if people can see it. Last I checked The CW's broadcast range of affiliates only covered 83% of the U.S. so there's still millions that they're missing from the ratings, I mean The WB covered around 91% of the country so what's with that? I think it was stupid that when The CW started it only had 48% but th fact they increased it almost 40% in a year is at least something. Apparently The CW plans to eventually get more than 95% of the country but it's a shame is isn't currently like that now! Btw for Nielsen ratings, do they count only the U.S. or do they include Canada and Mexico and other countries that view the show at the exact same time also? I mean there could be like a million viewers watching from Canada but if Nielsen doesn't take that into account that's the difference between 4 million and 5 million which is a big deal.
                    They only care about US ratings.

Comment

ratings

Originally posted by diinIN
                      I agree. If I didn't make a point out of keeping up with the show online and in the magazines, I would have missed this episode. I thought we were out of new ones until after the strike, but alas! There are more!

SO glad I didn't miss Persona. It was just plain AWESOME.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Really? Any new news on that front?

If it ends soon, I wonder if we'll still get more episodes, or if it's already too late.
                      Diane, there is a specific thread for information on the writer's strike and you should find out more right on the home page here. If it does end really soon, then we are supposedly going to get more episodes! Here's hoping.

Comment

Not promoting Smallville

Originally posted by beatles4
                        Shouldn't we all e-mail CW like crazy to tell them what we think instead of just here in this forum? Tell them how much we enjoy watching this show and need the trailer at the end of a new episode! If no one speaks up, then nothing gets changed, is how I see it. From my past experiences, I find writing letters and speaking to the appropriate individuals have definitely made positive changes in a number of various situations in my life. Let's all bombard CW now! It worked for Star Trek back in the 60's, so why not with this show. Let's go, let's go!
                        I tried to complain about how they were not promoting the show I got my email back saying that it was deleted and not read, kind of pissed me off that they would do something like that.

Take Care,

Jack

Comment

Hi, when is the rating for Live and 7 Day DVR playback numbers will be released?

Comment

no live rating has been released yet?

Comment

bump

Comment

Originally posted by bizzaroboy9
                                Hi, when is the rating for Live and 7 Day DVR playback numbers will be released?
                                Live +7 day numbers, usually come out 2 weeks after the episode airs. the live for Persona is 3.81 mil. Look on the 2nd page of this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎