Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nielsen Ratings for Persona

Talk about the Nielsen ratings for "Persona" here once they're released.

I don't think SV will do that great tonight. From what I've seen, the CW hasn't been promoting it well, and some of SV's regular viewers may be watching the Lost recap.

ya the ratings might be low. Lost might take away some viewers but dont know how many viewers bother with recaps. The CW stinks at promos lol. they show supernatural and smallville like only during each other or reaper. but they show gossip girl comercials during everything like 10 times per show lol.

Comment

I think the more likely reason for a drop (and there will be one) is the fact that the people who don't watch The CW regularly and check websites won't know when the show's coming back, since the schedules been so messed up.

Comment

i think its important to pay attention to the ratings in comparison to other shows.
        like i think everyone is going to suffer because of the writer's strike, not just smallville.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
          i think its important to pay attention to the ratings in comparison to other shows.
          like i think everyone is going to suffer because of the writer's strike, not just smallville.
          Oh, most definitely. The only shows that aren't going to suffer due to the writer's strike are reality shows or seasons that started after the strike ended. Shows that got hit mid-season are gonna have a rough year regardless.

Comment

Season 7 Week to Week

Bizarro............5.18 million*
            Kara................4.59 million*
            Fierce..............4.82 million*
            Cure................5.18 million*
            Action..............4.65 million*
            Lara................4.38 million*
            Wrath..............4.64 million*
            Blue.................4.51 million*
            Gemini.............3.71 million*
            Persona............3.82 million

* - Final Rating

Season Average - 4.55 million
            Last edited by Best Episode - 321; 02-01-2008, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Hopefully it doesn't go below 3.71 million, although I can't imagine it going much above it considering the break.

Comment

Wow, next week's episode could have been the biggest (ratings wise) and the CW MORONS didn't even air a trailer for it at the end of tonight's episode?!

Comment

I know!??? ^^^

Is there an episode next week?

Comment

There's supposed to be, luvinChlark. Siren is supposed to be on next week.

Comment

kk thanks! ^^^

Comment

for a chlarker you should be ashamed to put KK in your post...accidental or not

Comment

I hate how the CW isn't promoting Smallville as much as it should.

Comment

A recent article stated that they have lost around 50% of their young adult viewers from the strike.

I think that will show.

The channel CW - home of Gossip Girl and America's Next Top Model - lost 50 per cent of viewers in the 18 to 49-year-old bracket sampled by Nielsen. “It's hard to ignore the declines,” the Hollywood trade magazine Variety said. It said that last week's figures were the first real evidence of the damage from the strike because previous weeks had been skewed by sporting events and Christmas holiday programming.
                            Link: http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle3279454.ece

ABC slid 23% and CBS 26%, while Fox was off about 15%. CW, meanwhile, hemorrhaged a full 50% of its year ago 18-49 audience.
                            Last edited by Bosrudorfer; 01-31-2008, 11:42 PM. Reason: Ook Ook

Comment

Yep, I read that on another website, very bad. You'd think the CW would want to use their few SV episodes left to try and fix that, but it sounds like Dawn is going to try to put all the spotlight on the new PCD and ANTM seasons when they return and "boost the CW's ratings." (Btw, Dawn is from UPN, like ANTM, so it's going to make her look better in her bosses' eyes if a show she had a hand in creating does well. That's why SV and SPN don't get the attention they deserve.)

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                              Lost might take away some viewers but dont know how many viewers bother with recaps.
                              That's what I thought too, but then I found out that Wednesday night's repeat of the Lost S3 finale had over 8.5 million viewers.

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
                              Hopefully it doesn't go below 3.71 million, although I can't imagine it going much above it considering the break.
                              This episode should have more than 5 million viewers -- it had James Marsters back as Brainiac, Bizarro, a SM movie star as a new Kryptonian -- but I'll now be happy if it gets at least 4 million.
                              Last edited by ClarkyBoy14; 02-01-2008, 05:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎