No announcement yet.

Mistakes/Inconsistencies & Plotholes in Persona

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistakes/Inconsistencies & Plotholes in Persona

This is the thread for mistakes & plotholes found in Persona.

One plothole/mistake I found in the director's cut that may or may not air is how Brainiac says Dax-Ur is his creator. This is a contradiction of what Lara said in Lara. In that episode she said Jor-El's Brain Interactive Construct, not Dax-Ur's. I hope they either cut that scene out or they seriously explain it because it's ridiculous if such a contradiction goes unexplained after only 4 episodes since Lara's statement was said.

It could be possible Jor-El headed the research while Dax-Ur made it himself.

Comment

Originally posted by reobeem
      It could be possible Jor-El headed the research while Dax-Ur made it himself.
      I think that's possible. One of them came up with the idea and planning and the other one did the actual work.

Comment

Dax-Ur was supposed to be like really really old like a thousand years right? could be brainiac is his computer system long ago on krypton and he was an engineer which is why he is a machanic (basing this on images) so Dax could of had brainiac as a laptop computer like we have now and since they are adavanced by now that computer has been upgraded so much but Jor El could have made brainiac what brainiac is. a shape shifter all knowledgable super computer. Then Zod reprogrammed him which then made brainiac Zods creation. So kind of last to update it was the one to create it for what it is.

Comment

Except Dax-Ur had been here for a hundred years, and how would he know the portals were destroyed since they were destroyed after the sixties cause thats how Jor-El first came here same as Lara and Kara.

Comment

I thought Dax-Ur said he HELPED create Brainiac.

Comment

Dax-Ur said that it was his technology that led to the creation of Brainiac. So it is possible that while Jor-El actually made Brainiac, that Dax-Ur was the person who came up with the idea and came up with the technology needed to create such a being in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Clois is Canon
                Dax-Ur said that it was his technology that led to the creation of Brainiac. So it is possible that while Jor-El actually made Brainiac, that Dax-Ur was the person who came up with the idea and came up with the technology needed to create such a being in the first place.
                Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Clois is Canon
                  Hmm, I forgot what he said exactly, but if you're right, then that would be a good explanation. I really think we deserve a full blown story on Brainiac's creation, Brainiac's corruption, and the destruction of Krypton.

Comment

Does it count as a mistake when Clark uses the device in the DP which is owned by Lex? Maybe Chloe should have mentioned that.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                      Hmm, I forgot what he said exactly, but if you're right, then that would be a good explanation. I really think we deserve a full blown story on Brainiac's creation, Brainiac's corruption, and the destruction of Krypton.
                      I might be off a little, but the first 3 episodes of Superman: The Animates Series went into some detail about how everything went down. Let me see if I can remember. Brainiac was the final decision-maker when it came down to deciding if Jor-El's scientific findings were accurate or if they were flawed. These findings would have given the people of Krypton a chance to survive, but Brainiac dismissed them as being outlandish. When Jor-El confronted Brainiac about the situation, he found that Brainiac was too powerful and was able to reprogram himself for self-preservation, instead of preserving Kryptonian life--the reason he was created. And because Brainiac was trusted with all that information, he was easily the smartest being on the planet. He was able to escape Krypton and survive, while the planet perished because they trusted Brainiac instead of Jor-El.

I know that isn't completely accepted continuity in the Superman universe, but I always thought it made sense.

Comment

In the Chlark reunion scene, Chloe's bracelet was moved from her left wrist to the Right so it can be in the shot during the hug.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                          I really think we deserve a full blown story on Brainiac's creation, Brainiac's corruption, and the destruction of Krypton.
                          I would love it if they did that, but it would probably be too expensive.

I have a question. Didn't Dax-Ur say the reason he decided to come to earth and stay is because Brainiac corrupted? How did he know that happened if he hasn't been to Krypton in over 100?

Comment

When Bizclark comes into the house where Lana and Chloe are you can see sunlight on his face from the glass in the door, also as he walks in from the light, why wouldn't he have been all, uh, stoned?

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
                              I would love it if they did that, but it would probably be too expensive.

I have a question. Didn't Dax-Ur say the reason he decided to come to earth and stay is because Brainiac corrupted? How did he know that happened if he hasn't been to Krypton in over 100?
                              I think he went back and forth to Krypton for a while, perhaps to grab some tools & instruments he had there to conduct his experiments. We know Brainiac was created during Jor-El's lifetime, probably not long before Clark was born. I'm not sure how long Kryptonians in the Smallville universe live on Krypton, but I'm guessing the fact that he lived that long means that he had to spend long periods on Earth. As of the 1986 flashback in Lara, Brainiac had not been corrupted yet since Lara spoke well of "Jor-El's Brainiac" as she put it. I think Dax-Ur left because he knew what could possibly happen with Brainiac's technology. From his conversation with Clark, it seemed like he didn't know Krypton was destroyed.

I doubt we'll ever get a straight story on this. I think Dax-Ur just made things more confusing and messed things up more. I've been saying that Dax-Ur should have been revealed to be Virgil Swann. It would have wrapped up many questions in the past and would explain why he was monitoring space so much (because he would have been looking for Brainiac's presence & messages from Krypton).

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎