No announcement yet.

.07% Episode Review

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .07% Episode Review

Go HRG! I enjoy the badassness he affects while on “death row” and his subsequent escape plan. Very nice use of his inside knowledge and his two partners in crime, Ted and Matt. I’m glad Matt still has a distaste for HRG, too, otherwise their working together would have seemed somewhat fake and forced. Although the perfect timing of HRGs instructions is a little unbelievable.

Again, I love Linderman’s collection. Beautifully dressed set, that one. I’d love to go wandering around the set and just check stuff out. One of my favorite lines in this episode comes as Nathan and Linderman look at a painting of Hiro: “I know this man.” “Oh, great, if you see him, tell him I want my sword back.” I also like that there are several Kensei artifacts other than the sword in the vault.

I’d love more info on Linderman and his “friends” who set out to save the world. I know that’s what Volume Two is supposed to be about, but since it was somewhat prematurely aborted, I don’t feel like we got the amount of info we were supposed to receive. Linderman’s speech to Nathan about those of the group who got greedy and began using their powers for personal gain drops so many hints and I don’t think we’ve had the majority of them explained at all. Maybe Volume Three will go into things a little more while continuing a forward storyline?

Mohinder’s stint on the ceiling is really the only point in the entire series so far when his hair isn’t perfect. Which brings us back to the exciting conclusion of the Mohinder-Sylar extendo-scene from last episode. The look on Sylar’s face as he watches Peter heal is fantastic, and I really like the way Milo drops to the ground as Sylar is flung across the room and releases his hold on Peter. Very badass action hero. Although I’m not sure Mohinder had to be quite so damsel-in-distress helplessly frightened while lying there on the floor between Peter and Sylar. I mean, true, he’s probably just been subjected to countless hours of horrendous torture, but he looks like he still has all of his parts, and I just think they could have let him keep a bit of his spine, especially as Sylar says, “oh no, I’m not done with him yet,” as if he’s just a ragdoll he’s been playing with. Mohinder just lays there like, “oh, okay, if you say so, I won’t move.” The glass however, is my favorite effect of the episode, and probably one of my favorites for the entire series. I’m glad they let Mohinder get one good hit in right there at the end, but it seems too little too late.

As much as Angela is evil and cold-hearted, I enjoy her in her scene with Claire. I know she’s probably in league with Linderman and all, trying to blow up the city, but hey, I just can’t fault her for offering Claire a free trip to Paris and some new clothes. Hey, if Claire doesn’t want to go, Angie, I’ll take you up on that offer! I also like that she hints that she has a power, though she doesn’t tell us what it is. And I’m still dying to know! When do we get to find out?? I like that she shows a little emotion when she thinks Peter’s dead. Makes her seem a little more interesting.

Nathan’s reaction to Peter’s death is odd. It just doesn’t sit right with me, and I think a little part of the problem is the music in the scene. But most of it is Adrian’s reaction… Isn’t he planning on letting his baby brother explode? Isn’t he happy now that those .07% of people don’t have to die? I know, it’s different when you’re actually faced with it. But I don’t think Adrian cries very well in this scene. I know he’s better than this, too, because he was heartbreaking in a couple episodes of Judging Amy. Milo, however, looks great. Playing dead is harder than it looks, and he keeps so still, and so lifeless. It’s tough to keep your eyes open and perfectly still. But: I have yet more problems with this scene. The blood make-up on Peter’s face looks like a design-y face paint, with dots and swirls. It needed to be more organic and less cartoony. Also, Claire’s hair stroking and heartbroken attitude takes us back to the icky Paire place most of us don’t like to go. I don’t care how much chemistry these two actors have with each other, they need to stamp that crap out when they’re playing uncle and niece. Milo does do a great job of coming back to life, though.

Isaac’s last scene is wonderful. I was incredibly sad to see him go, but his last moments are well done. Poor guy, pinned down with his own brushes on his painting of the bomb. Slight biblical references there, too, but nothing heavy-handed. I momentarily thought “oh no—no more artwork!” but quickly remembered Sylar now has the ability, and Peter’s had it for awhile. Still… I’m going to miss Isaac as a character. He’d really started to get very compelling.

The CGI future is always impressive. I really like it. And speaking of impressive, Isaac’s loft in the future, with strings and timelines and clippings looks phenomenal. Very nice set. I’d want to wander around this one as much as Linderman’s vault. And finally, I can’t say how much I love Future!Hiro. Masi is such a badass as Future!Hiro. I think as a single character he’s one of my favorites (although in an ensemble show, it’s hard to pick single character favorites).

Bits and Pieces:

* I would love to be drawn by Tim Sale. I’d love to see his version of me. Or rather, I think I’d like to see how Isaac would paint me. And where. Possibly in the White House? As a famous, world-renowned surgeon? On the arm of Zachary Quinto, perhaps? I’d just rather not see my death. That would really freak me out.
    * I like that Isaac gifts the sketchbook away to the geeky messenger. I’m crossing my fingers that it comes back and is important again later.
    * I love that Linderman has been pulling the strings behind the scenes with Micah, Niki, and DL from the beginning.
    * Jessica stands up to Linderman for Micah! She’s not all kill-kill-kill-I-will-shoot-and-kill-anyone-kill-kill-kill. Jessica is so much more interesting than Niki.
    * I love the EMP task Ted has to perform. I like the explanation of “bright” not “hot”, and I love that Ted gets a moment to save the day with his power instead of being entirely destructive for his whole Heroes career. Very nice bit.
    * Peter and Nathan’s scene after Peter comes back is kinda creepy. What’s with the slashiness, people??
    * Peter looks silly with his hair all slicked back. (Save that for the next episode where it’s appropriate.)
    * Love the bait and switch Candace pulls with Micah.
    * Santiago looked very natural when he painted, Milo looks pretty awkward, and Zachary comes in somewhere in the middle. I like that Sylar’s style is different, too, a perverted version of Isaac’s elegance.

Thanks for reading, and check out more of my reviews on my website!
    th*****engaitbridge.blogspot.com
    Til next time,
    GG
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎