X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a Pass

Clark/Lex
    PG-13
    Season 3
    Note: Not related to my other Clex stories. Just fluff:-).

"God, Lex. You suck."

I wish.

Lex Luthor looked at the laughing, dark-haired seventeen-year-old who was dancing around him, dribbling a basketball. It was impossible not to smile back. Clark Kent was prone to solemnity-- one could even say mopiness-- but when Clark was happy, he had a smile that could light up a room.

God knew that since Lex had come to Smallville, Clark's smile had done wonders to light up the dark, dreary rooms in the Luthor mansion.

The first time Lex had encountered Clark, the kid had saved him from drowning. Lex's car had hit a roll of barbed wire and spun out of control, going straight through a guard rail. Clark had dived into the Loeb River after Lex, dragged him out of his sunken Porsche, and administered CPR to get him breathing. If it weren't for Clark, he wouldn't be here now.

Since then, Clark had saved Lex from dying of boredom about a thousand times.

Lex had been exiled to Smallville by his father, ostensibly to learn the ropes of running a smaller branch of the family business. He understood, however, that the real reason for his exile was that he'd raised too much hell in the big city, and been featured in too many front-page stories in the Daily Planet.

Basically, he was just too damn much trouble.

His father had sent him to this backwater town, where a man could hardly get into trouble if he wanted to. Lex had arrived in Smallville with a major chip on his shoulder, angry and resentful that he'd been forced into living in Bumf*ck Nowhere.

It was true that the vast Scottish castle that rose majestically over sprawling, parklike grounds wasn't most people's idea of punishment-- but to Lex, it was Sheol. He was a city boy, and living in the sticks didn't appeal to him in the least.

At least, it hadn't appealed to him, until the moment he dragged his eyelids open after his impromptu dip into the Loeb River, and found himself staring into eyes the color of leaves unfurling in the spring.

Since that moment, he and Clark Kent had become very close friends. Maybe a little too close. Lex wasn't stupid, and he knew people had started to whisper the moment they'd struck up their friendship-- and this being a small town, the whispers were not kind.

He knew that Clark's adoptive parents, Jonathan and Martha, weren't particularly happy with the growing relationship between him and Clark, either. They were probably in the yellow house now, glaring balefully through the windows, watching Lex like a pair of hawks. Supposedly that was because he was a Luthor, and the Kents didn't care for the Luthors, and never had.

But in reality, Lex was pretty sure they just worried that one of these days, he was going to throw Clark down and ravish him.

And that was a valid concern, because Clark was impossibly gorgeous.

He bounded happily back and forth in front of Lex now, wearing a ratty blue jacket, a flannel shirt, and ancient jeans. Despite his unfortunate choice of wardrobe, he was so beautiful Lex had a hell of a time keeping his hands off him, doubly so because Clark's grin was so irresistible.

Somehow, he'd managed to remain hands off for over two years now. He and Clark had been close friends all that time, despite a few bumps in the road, and somehow, despite all the opportunities he'd had, Lex hadn't ever tried to seduce the kid.

And sometimes he regretted it.

Hell, he regretted it all the time. Especially in moments like this one, when Clark was so beautiful he seemed to glow. His dark hair was gilded with morning sunlight, his eyes shone more brilliantly green than ever, and he was just so vivid it almost hurt to look at him.

"Come on," Clark urged, bouncing just as energetically as the ball. "Steal it from me."

Lex sighed and made a halfhearted attempt to grab the ball, but Clark dodged and leapt, and the ball went right through the basket with a swish.

"You're pathetic," Clark said good-naturedly.

"I told you earlier, I've hardly played basketball." Basketball was something Clark usually played with his other best friend, Pete Ross, but when Lex had showed up this morning, Clark had managed to talk him into a game. Lex loped over to retrieve the ball, and tossed it back toward Clark. "I can still kick your ass at pool, though."

The ball went wide, and Clark reached out a long arm and snagged it, rolling his eyes in a very teenager kind of way. "Geez, Lex. You don't even know how to make a pass."

Lex glared at the boy, irritated by the note of smug condescension in his voice. Luthors didn't enjoy being incompetent at anything, not even blue collar games that didn't mean a damn thing in Lex's world. "Okay," he said, stalking toward Clark. "Show me how to make a pass."

Clark looked at him for a long moment. And then he tossed the basketball aside, reached out, and grabbed Lex by the shoulders.

"Like this," he said, and bent, kissing Lex full on the mouth.

Shock hit Lex like a tidal wave, but lust wasn't far behind. He had absolutely no idea how they'd gone from tossing a ball around to kissing, but he sure as hell wasn't complaining. He'd imagined kissing Clark a thousand times, but none of his fantasies had ever prepared him for the reality of those full, sculpted lips against his.

He didn't fight, or try to get away, because who could fight against a fantasy come to life? He just lifted his arms and wrapped them around Clark's neck, and kissed him back.

Clark made a little noise in his throat, a noise that said clearly, I'm so glad we finally got around to this, and his lips parted. His tongue touched Lex's, very shyly, and then the kiss grew deeper, wetter, and he tasted so sweet and hot and purely sexy that Lex couldn't stop himself from moaning, either.

Eventually the kiss ended, as all good things must, and Clark drew back his head, just a bit. His arms were around Lex's waist, and Lex's arms were around his neck, and neither of them seemed inclined to be the first to let go.

"That's how you make a pass," Clark said.

"Um..." Lex found himself speechless. He was a sophisticated man of the world, who'd bedded quite a lot of men and women over the years, and yet this was the first time he'd ever found himself blushing and stammering like a virgin after a kiss. He tried again. "Well. Yes. All right. That wasn't quite the sort of pass I had in mind..."

Clark tilted his head in a questioning gesture. "You didn't like it?"

"Oh, God, yes, I definitely liked it. But..." Suddenly Lex remembered where they were. Great. He'd been kissing Clark right in front of the Kent farmhouse. He was going to be run out of town on a rail any moment now. "But your parents..."

Clark grinned his happy grin. "They're in Metropolis. Did I forget to mention?"

Lex swiveled his head and confirmed that the red pickup was missing. He'd taken vague note of that fact earlier, but simply assumed it was out in the fields somewhere. The fact that both elder Kents were in Metropolis was almost too good to be true.

"Okay," he said, cautiously. "But... you're still underage, Clark."

"Lex." The wide grin dimmed a little, and Clark looked at him more seriously. "I'm seventeen. I'm plenty old enough to know what I want, trust me. And what I want... is you."

Lex swallowed, staring into those earnest green eyes. Lust burned in his body, but all the reasons he shouldn't do this buzzed in his brain. Clark was too young, almost certainly a virgin, and so much better than he himself was, pure and perfect in a way he'd never been, even at seventeen...

But as he gazed into Clark's eyes, none of that seemed to matter. Clark had decided he wanted Lex, and Clark was confident of his decision. One look into his calmly certain eyes convinced Lex of that.

He hesitated, once more, and offered Clark one more out. "What about our basketball game?"

"I'll teach you how to pass later," Clark said. "But right now..." He flashed his killer grin. "You have some things to teach me."

Oh, God, Lex thought helplessly. I can't say no to that smile.

The truth was, he didn't want to say no. Clark was offering him what he'd always wanted, something he'd dreamed of for longer than he liked to admit, and there was no way in hell he could refuse.

"All right," he said simply.

Clark grinned, even more brightly than before, and turned toward the house, one arm still wrapped around Lex's waist, and Lex slid his own arm around Clark.

It felt right to walk this way, with their arms around each other. It had felt right to kiss, to hold each other. And Lex had a feeling that making love to Clark would feel right, too.

He couldn't wait to find out.

-The End-

I would have LOVED to see that on Smallville Oh well, that's what fanfics are for!

Comment

Loved it!! Great job!!!

Comment

Yay for Clark! Didn't know he had it in him. :-)

Great story, Elly!

Comment

I'm smitten with the Clex in this story. There so right together.
          Beautifully written!

Comment

I can't believe I've never commented on this story. I've read it at least several times already. *gives self head smack ala Gibbs* I loved it. It was really a sweet story.

Comment

Bumping this up. Deserves to be read.

Comment

See what you did now Sherry?? I had​ to read it too! I like the way Clark makes a pass.........

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed67
                  See what you did now Sherry?? I had​ to read it too! I like the way Clark makes a pass.........
                  Clex is my guilty pleasure, Wendy. It just fills my Queer as Folk heart with Glee.

Comment

Bumping this one back up. Too sweet.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎