Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adam Knight WAS Bruce Wayne until....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the subject of speculation, we also asked Al Gough what he thinks of all of the speculation surrounding the Adam character from recent episodes. "I think it's great. I will set the record straight, and say he's not Bruce Wayne, or Batman, unfortunately, but he's definitely a dark and mysterious stranger who's come into Smallville, and I think you'll see over the next four episodes he really shakes it up.," Gough said. He added that they've always wanted to incorporate the character of Bruce Wayne into the series at some point, but that would likely be vetoed because of the Chris Nolan/David Goyer "Batman: Intimidation" film that is coming up. Superman-related guests are much more likely.
    Thought I would post that, just incase Lecks hadn't seen it.

Comment

I swear I am typing in ENGLISH.

"Krycek = one of the best television villains. "(yes, I agree)

"Gough and Millar have planned out the general mytharcs for the show and they claim that Adam will end up being a very large part of the mythology when it is over. " ( This was way too recent of a statement by Gough to even believe that, im sorry).

"I guess I am spoiled by Joss Whedon and his crew who planned out (most of the time) the major plot points for the entire season (although sometimes you get dropping of certain plot points). Although this season, Joss planned out where he'd like to be at the end and only just recently came up with the ending. "
      (This is smallville, NOT Buffy....Although I do forsee a Dracula/Vampire episode coming eventually).

Originally posted by MisterSpider
      Thought I would post that, just incase Lecks hadn't seen it.
      Ugh, Of course I read that. I am not claiming that Adam/Chad is still going to be Bruce, ok? He WAS when he signed on, or at least thats what he was told. I dont see why this is so hard to swallow, its his words from an interview, period.

Once again, Adam is NOT Batman, and wont BECOME Batman, nor did I want him to be Batman at any point in time, I just thought the interview spoke for itself. However, I dont think anything at this point, barring a personal Q&A with Ian, Miles, and Al about the whole thing broadcast live for Kryptonsite fans ONLY, would clear this up. Until then, everyone has an opinion.

PS- Do you honestly think a producer is going to come out and say "yeah we hired him to play young bruce, and we got screwed in the end by the new movie coming out, so we just thought wed re-write him at the last minute, but it worked out right?" no no.
      Last edited by Lecks Loother; 02-22-2004, 02:38 PM.

Comment

I still say if he was to be bruce wayne, they'd call him bruce wayne. Besides, it has been stated by some producer in an article before season 2 that they would like Bruce to be a business rival of Lex's if he were to pop up.

While the plots are not all planned out, there is no way that the idea for Resurrection and Crisis had not been planned out already by the time they handed Asylum to Todd and Darren. Funniest thing is that people didn't believe the spoiler readers that said he wasn't Bruce Wayne and now people still try to cover their tracks by saying they changed the role. First three episodes different than last three? Those first three episodes include Adam knowing way too much and being called dead. Gough knew that they couldn't get Batman on the show before Adam was casted. Personally, I'd rather Bruce Wayne not be on the show and especially not go out with Lana or meet Clark.

I'm done arguing. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm satisified with the Adam arc though. It's been much better that the plots of several of the recent episodes.
        Last edited by Zooks; 02-22-2004, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zooks
          I still say if he was to be bruce wayne, they'd call him bruce wayne. Besides, it has been stated by some producer in an article before season 2 that they would like Bruce to be a business rival of Lex's if he were to pop up.

While the plots are not all planned out, there is no way that the idea for Resurrection and Crisis had not been planned out already by the time they handed Asylum to Todd and Darren. Funniest thing is that people didn't believe the spoiler readers that said he wasn't Bruce Wayne and now people still try to cover their tracks by saying they changed the role. First three episodes different than last three? Those first three episodes include Adam knowing way too much and being called dead. Gough knew that they couldn't get Batman on the show before Adam was casted. Personally, I'd rather Bruce Wayne not be on the show and especially not go out with Lana or meet Clark.

Im not going to re-post what I just put up there^^^, so just scroll up and read that again. For the record, I just created my account 2 days ago, and was NOT part of the posting war between the Bat-geeks, and the anti-Bat geeks.

Comment

Lecks Loother,
            we do appreciate that little bit of info you gave us on Ian and his role in the show.

whether or not he was to be bruce wayne or not doesn't really matter now anyway. if the producers wish they will tell us if in fact the script or the character was changed. everyone is going to have their opinion one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Disco
              Lecks Loother,
              we do appreciate that little bit of info you gave us on Ian and his role in the show.

whether or not he was to be bruce wayne or not doesn't really matter now anyway. if the producers wish they will tell us if in fact the script or the character was changed. everyone is going to have their opinion one way or another.
              1. No problem
              2. I agree
              3. I agree
              4. I agree

Comment

Originally posted by Lecks Loother
                ... So your argument holds no water, and thats not trying to be mean, just a little hollywood 101. (I work on the Shield)...
                are you serious? How much water does the Shield hold in this debate? Wait I know! Both main actors are Bald, so now you can give opinions for the Hair club for men.

Comment

Originally posted by alternaLex
                  are you serious? How much water does the Shield hold in this debate? Wait I know! Both main actors are Bald, so now you can give opinions for the Hair club for men.
                  I was merely stating that I work in the business, NOT on Smallville however. And that every show has last minute changes due to circumstances that were not factored in. 99.9% of those circumstances are budgetary reasons. The shield has nothing to do with the point, it was just a little background to support where my knowledge on the matter came from. Find me a Series that doesnt change everything from day one, its just the business.

PS-Your bald crack was lame. If you are going post something, make it relevant, if you are disagreeing with something I said, you didnt get your point across at all. And I give opinions for Avacor, not Hair club.

Comment

Lex Loother is right,

the day of production can call for changes that were never forseen in pre-production. The director can have a problem with the line, change a scene a little, or maybe even leave something out completly. Don't hate on hollywood, that's the way it is on any production. We ain't building cars were making ART!

The writers and producers most likely did the name game purposly so that we would discuss it or get all wet about it only to find out that the show is still in Smallville and not in Gotham.

And if they did bring Bruce wayne to the show he would not be chillin with Clark but Lex. Bruce is supposed to be older, not younger. If bruce came in as a rival to lex, then i would dig, anything other than that i don't dig.

Comment

Originally posted by Boobonik Films
                      And if they did bring Bruce wayne to the show he would not be chillin with Clark but Lex. Bruce is supposed to be older, not younger. If bruce came in as a rival to lex, then i would dig, anything other than that i don't dig....
                      I agree! I feel the only reason he would be on the show is the interations with Lex for business, then it would change from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Boobonik Films
                        Lex Loother is right,

the day of production can call for changes that were never forseen in pre-production. The director can have a problem with the line, change a scene a little, or maybe even leave something out completly. Don't hate on hollywood, that's the way it is on any production. We ain't building cars were making ART!

The writers and producers most likely did the name game purposly so that we would discuss it or get all wet about it only to find out that the show is still in Smallville and not in Gotham.

And if they did bring Bruce wayne to the show he would not be chillin with Clark but Lex. Bruce is supposed to be older, not younger. If bruce came in as a rival to lex, then i would dig, anything other than that i don't dig.
                        , thank you.

Originally posted by alternaLex
                        I agree! I feel the only reason he would be on the show is the interations with Lex for business, then it would change from there.
                        I dig that idea, I think Lex getting bested by a Young Bruce would be cool, cause there wouldnt be too much he could do about it. he would take a defeat for once.

Comment

It has been 12 years so I think it's fair and okay to say what I know of the situation from someone who worked on this storyline...

Adam Knight was NOT meant to be Bruce Wayne. But he was supposed to be... a clone of Lionel. Clearly that didn't work out; either Ian didn't have the chops, or people realized he and John Glover look and act nothing alike, but either way, that story changed midway through which is why there was that sudden change.

Comment

I can see why some people thought that Adam Knight was Bruce Wayne. After all, it does make sense that a rich billionaire would want a fake identity to get away from the paparazzi. Also so that he could go "undercover" while he was training for his future role as batman. Plus, that last name?? It just sounds like something Bruce Wayne would put as his fake last name.

But at the same time, I thought at the time that was way too obvious. and thought that if they were to put Bruce Wayne on the show, they would have said it was him. Plus, the guy's story was too different from Bruce's origin story. why would Bruce lie about his parents dying in a fire? I think Bruce would be more honest about what happened to his parents. So I thought this guy was a meta shout-out to Bruce Wayne/Batman.But he was not the same person as Bruce Wayne at all.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                              It has been 12 years so I think it's fair and okay to say what I know of the situation from someone who worked on this storyline...

Adam Knight was NOT meant to be Bruce Wayne. But he was supposed to be... a clone of Lionel. Clearly that didn't work out; either Ian didn't have the chops, or people realized he and John Glover look and act nothing alike, but either way, that story changed midway through which is why there was that sudden change.
                              That makes sense. Lionel seem to be VERY fond of cloning people, and so were Lex later on. As I recall, he was also fond of mixing genes together to create hybrid "clones", like he did with Superboy.
                              I don't see why they couldn't done a little bit of hand-waving by saying that Lionel used somebody else's DNA with his own to make up for some faults in his genes or something like that. That way they wouldn't have to change the story so dramatically. It would be explained that Adam wasn't technically a clone... but a type of test tube baby raised in a vat. *shrugs*

Comment

I do think it's funny though that before Ian Somerhalder was cast as Adam Knight, he was "Bruce Wayne" in a K-Site April Fool's gag...

The very first website devoted to the WB's TV series "Smallville!" Featuring up-to-date news, spoilers, pictures, an episode guide, and more!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎