Adam Knight WAS Bruce Wayne until....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Knight WAS Bruce Wayne until....

Bear with me.

On Ian Somerhalders website (.net) he gives interviews with the host every so often. On his interview dated Jan 31st, 2004 he says the following:

"It’s cold up here and the producers really kind of screwed me up by switching my story line after I had shot three episodes thinking that I was one thing, when in fact I was another."

He was supposed to play a young Bruce Wayne. This does NOT solve why he didnt end up playing him in the end, just solves that both sides of the Forum junkies that were either for it or against it we correct at one piont in time. Except for the "cloning theory" people.

That aside, my thoughts are this:

All of the Batman inuendos (ie: clothes, attitude, skills, and NAME) were meant for a young Bruce Wayne when filmed. Since they changed their minds 1/2 way through his episodes they came up with some (what they must have thought were) clever ways to cover up their change of plans. Thus making for a far more disapointing storyline in the end.

Not that I was FOR the Bruce Wayne thing to begin with, but what they wound up going with is pretty retarded you must admit. They did not need Ian Somerhalder (or any big screen star) for such a pointless role.

Ok im done.

So your not a beliver in the Michael Knight theory?

Comment

what web site is that on i would like to read that interview

the micheal knight theroy = funny funny

Comment

Iansomerhalder.net

Interview dated 31st of Jan, 2004

PS- Im not a Michael Knight believer, and that picture will haunt my dreams.

Comment

Re: Adam Knight WAS Bruce Wayne until....

Originally posted by Lecks Loother

Not that I was FOR the Bruce Wayne thing to begin with, but what they wound up going with is pretty retarded you must admit. They did not need Ian Somerhalder (or any big screen star) for such a pointless role.

Ok im done.

How can you say it's retarded? You don't even know how it will all end yet. It might end up being a really significant arc afterall.

Comment

Keep reading what I said after that, they didnt need to use IAN SOMERHALDER for that role, R E T A R D E D.

What they did was draw out a FOTW into a FOTM (month). Significant arc my ace.

Comment

much like aliens and Krycek (who became infected) were the FOTS (series) on the X Files and how Angel, the Mayor, etc. were just FOTSeason.

I'm also pretty sure the writers had no intention on Adam being Bruce Wayne. They've planned things pretty far. The blood in Pheonix tying in with Adam, Adam taking blood in Asylum. I think Adam thought his character was going to be a good guy instead of a guy who goes over the edge. The writers were just screwing with the fans. I'm pretty sure there was no intention on him being Bruce Wayne. They'd want Wayne to be a rival of Lex or something (as i've seen people say Gough said that but I am not sure as I have not seen such interview.)
              Last edited by Zooks; 02-21-2004, 09:01 PM.

Comment

how dumb can that actor be anyways. He doesn't even look like batman or like he can play one. He was just upset because he thougt he was going to get some LANA action and insted he is gonna be a Freak of The Season.

Comment

please don't make remarks like that about guest stars. it's quite possible the producers made him think he was going to play a young bruce waye because THAT is what they wanted US to think.

Comment

"They did not need Ian Somerhalder (or any big screen star) for such a pointless role."

Is he really a big star? What's he been in? Anyway, what about Rutger Howard, who played Morgan Edge. That was a fairly small role, which is what I'm guessing is what you define as "pointless," since we don't know what repurcussions will take place because of the Adam storyline. Another fairly big actor that played a pretty small/reacurring role was Joe Morton, who played Dr. Hamilton. Tony Todd also had a really small role, and he's a big screen actor. I think it's kinda cool when bigger stars appear on shows like Smallville, as long as they fit the character.

Comment

Hey, its all just my 2 cents guys. The interview is there for everyone to read, take what you will. Hopefully at some point someone (gough) will set the record completely straight, as for now thats the most concrete itll get.

And I meant "Big Screen" as in movies, as apposed to "small screen" as in TV, didnt know I needed to point that one out.

I used to be an X-Files fan as well, so I see your point, and I agree, it just seems like a crap cover up job on the writers part.

Lastly, to the guy who was stating how writers have everything planned way ahead......ask ANYONE affiliated with ANY tv series, that never happens. General storylines are planned ahead, things like these come and go everyday, script re-writes, the actors dont have their final drafts till the morning of, characters are changed, story arcs change, things get taken out to save $ and stuff like that. So your argument holds no water, and thats not trying to be mean, just a little hollywood 101. (I work on the Shield).

Comment

Ya know, I think the writers were screwing with Ian so they could play with the fans... They had all intentions of Adam NOT being Bruce, but sort of misled the actor himself until half-way through so he'd play the part more convincingly, if that makes any sense.

Feh. Doesn't matter, anyway.

....and Krycek?! the dude was awesome, what are you people talking about O.o
                        Last edited by Inochi no Rizumu; 02-22-2004, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Inochi no Rizumu
                          Ya know, I think the writers were screwing with Ian so they could play with the fans... They had all intentions of Adam NOT being Bruce, but sort of misled the actor himself until half-way through so he'd play the part more convincingly, if that makes any sense.

Feh. Doesn't matter, anyway.

....and Krycek?! the dude was awesome, what are you people talking about O.o

I think you MAY be right in the sense that they led him on, it is very possible.

and yes, Krycek was a badass.

Comment

Krycek = one of the best television villains. Gough and Millar have planned out the general mytharcs for the show and they claim that Adam will end up being a very large part of the mythology when it is over. I am led to believe that this has been planned for some time, going back till when Pheonix was written. I guess I am spoiled by Joss Whedon and his crew who planned out (most of the time) the major plot points for the entire season (although sometimes you get dropping of certain plot points). Although this season, Joss planned out where he'd like to be at the end and only just recently came up with the ending.

Comment

I noticed the rapid change of acting ... Did I mention I don't like good characters going nuts?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎