No announcement yet.

Adam Knight WAS Bruce Wayne until....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
    That makes sense. Lionel seem to be VERY fond of cloning people, and so were Lex later on. As I recall, he was also fond of mixing genes together to create hybrid "clones", like he did with Superboy.
    I don't see why they couldn't done a little bit of hand-waving by saying that Lionel used somebody else's DNA with his own to make up for some faults in his genes or something like that. That way they wouldn't have to change the story so dramatically. It would be explained that Adam wasn't technically a clone... but a type of test tube baby raised in a vat. *shrugs*
    If I had gotten the chance to pitch a story to Smallville (and I dropped hints), I wanted to pitch something with cloning, a little more like Superboy's real origin from the comics, but just like this train of thought. Great idea for a hand-wave; like Victoria in Season 1, I think they just didn't commit with their story plans.

Comment

That's pretty fascinating; I'm surprised Paul Simpson didn't put that in the Season 3 companion book. It would still be cool, if WB someday authorized those for the last three years; my set feels lonely on the shelf.

The whole "Lionel clone" idea does explain Adam's near-psycho tendencies, though...especially during Season 3 was the older Luthor was desperate to cure his cancer. I still wonder where the story would have gone, if Chris Reeve had lived to continue as Virgil Swann.

Originally posted by KSiteTV
      If I had gotten the chance to pitch a story to Smallville (and I dropped hints), I wanted to pitch something with cloning, a little more like Superboy's real origin from the comics, but just like this train of thought. Great idea for a hand-wave; like Victoria in Season 1, I think they just didn't commit with their story plans.
      I'm surprised they never let you do anything, given your status with the fan community for the whole series' run.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
        It has been 12 years so I think it's fair and okay to say what I know of the situation from someone who worked on this storyline...

Adam Knight was NOT meant to be Bruce Wayne. But he was supposed to be... a clone of Lionel. Clearly that didn't work out; either Ian didn't have the chops, or people realized he and John Glover look and act nothing alike, but either way, that story changed midway through which is why there was that sudden change.
        A little late on this but WOW, that's interesting, because I could totally see now, after just having re-watched the set of episodes Ian was in, how he could be a Lionel clone. That would have made a ton of sense if they had been able to do it. Thanks Craig for that info!! I wish somehow they had been able to work that, it would've been a really amazing story-line and would've added to Lionel's already menacing presence.

As far as Adam being Bruce Wayne? Myself, I never in a million years would have theorized that, though it is interesting to consider. To me though, there are way too many differences for me to align with that theory. Even if it would have been pre-Batman - pointing out the obvious, Bruce didn't die and then get resurrected, with a liver disease and need a drug to stay alive, and as Aurora Moon pointed out, why would he say his parents died in a fire if they were shot (and he really was Bruce)? His real name was Chad Nash anyway, Adam Knight was his pseudonym so no one could discover that he had died.

Comment

I agree, that is some real awesome info Craig. A missed opportunity for them and they really should have give you the opportunity to write or at least act as a storyline consultant on the show. Having a hybrid clone could have worked as you guys mentioned above.

it would have been really cool if there was a whole retrospective companion to the show but I know they stopped them after 7. I'm sure you would have so many cool stories to share Craig!

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎