Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theory on fake Kara, the real Kara in suspended animation & Jor-El's AI

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. This is one type of thing I'd love for them to explain during various learning sessions of Clark's at the FOS (note: I said sessions, not 1 long 12 year session, which I absolutely do not want).

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
      Thanks. This is one type of thing I'd love for them to explain during various learning sessions of Clark's at the FOS (note: I said sessions, not 1 long 12 year session, which I absolutely do not want).
      I don't want it to be a 12 year long session either. I had written a story that would act a Season 8 premiere where Clark reassembles the Fortress and restarts his knowledge training (promising to come back for another lesson in a week or so), and there is an acknowledgment that all the trials he has gone through are also part of his training.

Comment

That would be cool. I also want him to battle Kal-El though. But now that they will bring Doomsday, that will probably never happen. Kal-El would be the best foe/sparring partner to have in training for threats they should have left in the future (like Doomsday & Darkseid).

Comment

That would be cool. I also want him to battle Kal-El though. But now that they will bring Doomsday, that will probably never happen. Kal-El would be the best foe/sparring partner to have in training for threats they should have left in the future (like Doomsday & Darkseid).
          Oh I know how you would love that Kal-El/Clark sparring thing, but I don't believe it will happen as you said. I think they are more emphasizing the fighting aspect of his training being the foes he faces in the real world outside of the training atmosphere. I agree they should have left Doomsday out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
            I think they are more emphasizing the fighting aspect of his training being the foes he faces in the real world outside of the training atmosphere. I agree they should have left Doomsday out of it.
            Yeah. I think Kal-El would have been the best "foe" for him because in order to beat him, Clark would have to take his game up to the next level. And it would be the most realistic way of having Clark be ready to face the dangers of tomorrow once his training is done. The typical run of the mill foes he faces in the real world are not really a challenge for him and wouldn't prepare him to face Darkseid or Doomsday or Metallo or the Cyborg Superman.

Comment

If Kara does reappear this season when she's going up against Darkseid & fails without Clark's help, I really hope it's revealed that Jor-El was the one who caused her to remain in suspended animation & she realizes that it was Jor-El's fault. I really would like to see some Jor-El-Kara interaction.

Comment

I really wonder if this could be considered true for the most part (the parts that still apply anyway after all these years) after seeing that Kara was nothing more than a tool for Jor-El. He wanted her to handle Darkseid in the early stages but wanted her gone once Clark was ready. He also used Kara as the first part of Clark's training. I wouldn't put it past him to have jammed her ship so he could get a head start in finding the stones, though it would have been for good reason since had she gotten out of her ship in 1989 & created the FoS & inserted her crystal, the world would have been doomed since then. And Jor-El knew he would be able to use Lindsay Harrison as a fake Kara because he knew the real one was stuck in her ship in the dam.

Man, it's no wonder Jor-El got Lionel as his emissary. He was so Lionel-like in his planning. His treatment of Kara through the series could be compared to Lionel's treatment of Tess.

Comment

Man, it's no wonder Jor-El got Lionel as his emissary. He was so Lionel-like in his planning. His treatment of Kara through the series could be compared to Lionel's treatment of Tess.
                  Jor-El's treatment of anybody on the series just was plot device that would change for the purpose of any given episode.

By far Jor-El was the worst character the show ever created and any episode where his presence was used as a cheap excuse to create drama was hurt in the process.

Comment

Well given the length of this show (the time there was to fill) & how it wanted to make a journey out of everything it could, I think Jor-El would always be the way he was portrayed in this show. Movies, which are much shorter, never treated him like this because they're much shorter. I'm OK with it because it did make the plot interesting. And I could explain it as Jor-El programming his initial contact to be like this as a result of the possibility that Clark was found by hostile parents rather than loving ones like the Kents (as Jor-El intended).

I don't know. I know it made Jor-El out to look like a dick, but I can forgive this since what happened in Calling was his first contact & he didn't know what to expect, plus Jor-El was a cold AI who was inexperienced in dealing with living beings rather than his flesh & blood self. What I don't like was how he in later seasons began doing all sorts of dumb things like taking away Clark's powers & freezing Clark solid in a crystal. Now that is bad & unneeded drama that actually made Clark look like a total moron. Clark being afraid & blowing up his ship didn't bother me. I don't even blame him for Martha's unsuccessful pregnancy because it was Jor-El who was keeping that baby alive & he took it away when Clark defied him since it was his way of making a trade with the Kents by giving them a baby in exchange for Clark, who he would take away. So I view it as once Clark defied him, Jor-El just stopped sustaining the baby's life & it died not because of the accident but simply for Jor-El not sustaining it anymore.

Anyway, I don't want to get off topic since this thread is about the fake & real Kara's and what happened on the day of the meteor shower.

Comment

Movies, which are much shorter, never treated him like this because they're much shorter.
                      Actually the movies were just following every other take ever made of Jor-El. Why Smallville felt the need to change it is beyond me(but hey at least Jor-El constantly made Clark miserable and do dumb things so all is good).

I'm OK with it because it did make the plot interesting.
                      That is a matter of opinion but many major Jor-El related plots I found Clark came out looking terrible int he process. Of my worst 20 episodes I would think more then half directly or indirectly involve a bad Jor-El plot device that makes Clark look bad.
                      Last edited by Supsfan; 05-20-2011, 01:16 PM.

Comment

They should have kept the whole "Jor El acting weird" plot short, eventually revealing that the AI had been corrupted by the Eradicator or something. Then end with the AI being restored to behave like a benevolent guide, not a psycho. That way, you get the Donnerverse stuff plus the drama without going too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
                          They should have kept the whole "Jor El acting weird" plot short, eventually revealing that the AI had been corrupted by the Eradicator or something. Then end with the AI being restored to behave like a benevolent guide, not a psycho. That way, you get the Donnerverse stuff plus the drama without going too far.
                          I think you have a point. I think they should have kept Dr. Walden around for a lot longer & have him absorb the corruption of the Jor-El AI to attribute his crazy behavior partly from the corruption.

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
                            If they were going to go the route of AI Jor-El being a jackass, Clark should have faced him head on and overcame him instead of running off like a girlie man.

Comment

I wanted to bump this up since I thought it would be an interesting read in case anyone who wondered about how Lindsay Harrison (the fake Kara) ended up in the cave being used by Jor-El, how the real Kara was stuck in the dam for all those years, along with other stuff. Since many people have been trying to fill plotholes or have questions about unexplained things, this does a decent job I think;

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎