No announcement yet.

Theory on fake Kara, the real Kara in suspended animation & Jor-El's AI

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theory on fake Kara, the real Kara in suspended animation & Jor-El's AI

I think I finally figured out what happened on the day of the meteor shower when Clark & Kara arrived and Lindsay Harrison (the fake Kara) was struck by a meteor. The following threads/posts are what brought me to my conclusion:

1. The link below is to a thread that talks about Jor-El's AI in Clark's ship in its descent to Earth sabotaging Kara's ship so that it would keep her in suspended animation after landing/crashing.

The KryptonSite/KSiteTV forums are a place originally created to discuss the WB/CW series Smallville which expanded to cover all kinds of TV, movies, and more!

2. The link below is to a post where I talk about my theory on Jor-El in the cave wall and how his AI did not inhabit the cave until the events of Exodus.

Post your wildest theories, speculation, musings about what's going to happen on the show. ALL threads containing spoilers must be marked with the word SPOILER in the subject line.

Now by putting these together, we get a very possible grand scenario of what happened on the day of the meteor shower. I'll take it in steps.

1. On Krypton, we know something caused Jor-El & Zor-El to grow apart and become enemies. Lara had something to do with it, but it probably started before Jor-El took her away from Zor-El. Regardless, Jor-El from Krypton knew that he could not trust Zor-El and would have known about Zor-El's blue crystal and the ship he built for Kara. He knew that if Kara got to Earth and followed Zor-El's instructions that she would unite the stones to form the FOS and that Zor-El would be released and would rule the world. He knew Kal-El/Clark would be defenseless to stop him because he would be a baby and would also be brainwashed by him. So he knew he had to do something to buy Kal-El some time.

2. Fast forward to Clark's ship's voyage to Earth. We know Kara's ship was not far behind. Jor-El based on what I laid out in #1 would have programmed the heart of the ship he built to stop Kara from being released so he could buy his own son some time. So the AI in the heart of Clark's ship sent a signal to Kara's ship so that it would seal her in & keep her in suspended animation even after it landed. This way, it would allow Clark to seek out the stones when he came of age and eventually form the Fortress of Solitude and prevent Zor-El's blue crystal from being inserted into it. Even though Kara's ship was bigger, it was technologically inferior because it did not have the AI of Zor-El guiding it as Clark's ship had with Jor-El's AI. Zor-El did not build a disembodied AI of himself. Instead he focused on creating a replicant using that blue crystal. Since the blue crystal was powerless unless if plugged into the FOS, Jor-El was at an advantage here and his AI would be able to sabotage Kara's ship. There is no other comprehensible reason as to why Kara's ship did not open after it landed. Landing in water should not have been a problem if Zor-El knew anything about Earth, which he did.

3. Now for Lindsay Harrison (the fake Kara). We know from Covenant that her car took a direct hit from a meteor. The only part of the cave Kara could have been from the day of the 1st meteor shower until Covenant and not been found was the hidden chamber where the altar was located. She even said it herself. Now if you check the 2nd link I posted (above), you'll see my theory on how Jor-El's will was transferred into the cave on the day Clark's ship exploded in Exodus and not earlier. Even if you disagree and think Jor-El's AI was in the cave from before the meteor shower, you still have to ask how Kara's body got into the chamber. Jor-El wasn't active at that time and there are no signs that he could levitate her or suck her into the cave wall from outside the cave. Something must have gotten her into the cave. I have an explanation to this, but will use my theory that says the Jor-El AI was not in the cave prior to Exodus:

a. When the meteor impacted with Linday's car, it sent her flying out of her car and into the hole that Clark fell through as he was dirtbiking in Skinwalker. The impact with the meteor killed her & turned her into a meteor freak and preserved her body much like Tyler Randall's body was preserved after he died in the episode Reaper. Like Clark in Skinwalker, she landed in the cave area with the Naman symbols.

b. After a few minutes, Lindsay, like Tyler Randall in Reaper, rose from the dead and began walking around. She started looking at the symbols in the dark cave & was confused.

c. Going back to #2 (above)...we know that Kara's ship was approaching Earth. In order for Zor-El's plan to work, the FOS had to be built after Kara unified the stones. But she had to place the stones into the altar in that hidden chamber in the cave so that the stones would combine into that unified crystal that would create the FOS. The problem was that Zor-El did not have the key to the cave because Jor-El had placed it on/in Clark's ship. Zor-El would not know if the key would get lost as a result of the impact of Clark's ship with Earth. So instead, Zor-El provided Kara's ship with the energy needed to open the cave wall (like Isobel did with her magic). Before it landed, Kara's ship sent out a signal to open the cave wall so that Kara would be able to access the altar to place the stones in. The hidden chamber opened up when this signal was emitted. This is when Lindsay was startled and walked into the chamber. Having sensed the signal Kara's ship was emitting, Jor-El's AI in Clark's ship began its sequence to sabotage Kara's ship to keep her in suspended animation upon landing. Once the sabotage process was complete, it would then send a signal to once again close up that chamber. The chamber closed thereafter with Lindsay Harrison trapped inside.

d. We now look at Dr. Walden & Clark in the episodes Rosetta and Calling. We know that both Clark and later Walden in Rosetta get downloaded with the Kryptonian language, but Walden goes into a coma because he is a human and the cave reacts differently to him. In Calling, Walden has free will to rearrange the cave symbols and find out who the last son who will rule really is. In Rosetta & Calling, all sorts of information that Jor-El would never divulge to anyone other than Clark is released. Later on, we see that Jor-El doesn't want humans to learn about Kryptonian knowledge as in the case with the stones. In Rosetta, we see that anyone (even humans) using the key can acquire Kryptonian knowledge and in Calling Walden doesn't even need the key anymore and uses his hands.

e. Fast forward to the events of Exodus. Clark destroyed his ship using Lionel's kryptonite key as Jor-El expected (see the 2nd link posted above for details) and the energy radiating out of the explosion was received by the cave wall. Jor-El as a result takes control of the caves and becomes a gatekeeper of all Kryptonian information, putting an end to the irresponsible divulging of info that took place in Rosetta & Calling. As he takes control, he also notices a girl trapped in the hidden chamber of the cave where the altar resides & leaves her there.

f. In Exile, Jor-El & Jonathan have the following exchange:

Jor-El: His destiny is too great for you to comprehend. This was Kal-El's first test to see if he was ready to begin his journey.

Jonathan: He's too young! He needs more time!

Jor-El: This phase of Kal-El's journey is almost complete. It will be of no consequence if he returns to you ... for now.

In this exchange, it's clear that Jor-El expected Clark to respond the way he did, which was to find a way to destroy the ship & follow through to actually do so. From here, we get a clue that Jor-El to a point wanted Clark to destroy the ship or at least designed the ship with that expectation so that it would start the process of getting the AI to the cave, where a lot more information had been stored than in the heart of Clark's ship.

Jonathan makes a deal with Jor-El to get Clark back, which we learn more about later.

g. Fast forward to Legacy. Here we find out that Jor-El is waiting. At the time the episode aired, we didn't know what, but looking back we know he's waiting for Jonathan to give Clark back to him. Jonathan does not do this. Instead he ignores the message and goes to the cave, causing the key to get sucked into the wall and get into Dr. Swann's hands. Instead of giving Clark back to Jor-El, Jonathan causes a delay in Clark's training because he no longer has the key, which he needed to get into that hidden chamber to start his training to secure the stones.

h. Sometime between Legacy and Covenant, Jor-El gets sick of waiting for Jonathan to give Clark back to him and realizes that he's been stiffed on his end. As item e explained, Jor-El for a while now knows that a girl is trapped in the hidden chamber of the cave. So he now resorts to plan B and starts to overload her with energy from the cave and starts reprogramming her to bring Clark back to him.

i. Fast forward to Covenant. Here is when we find out that Jonathan broke his deal with Jor-El. Jonathan admits to Martha that he didn't want her worrying about something that may never happen (being Jor-El wanting Clark back). By now, Jor-El is done reprogramming Lindsay Harrison. He gives her the name of Kara, which happened to be the real name of Clark's cousin, who Jor-El's AI sealed in her own ship & knew wouldn't be around to expose the fake Kara. He releases her to the Kent farm to bring back Clark because Jonathan broke his promise. The truth about Kara/Lindsay is exposed but it's too late and Jor-El forces Clark to enter the cave wall by threatening Jonathan's life.

So there it is. This theory explains why Kara's ship never opened & why it kept her in suspended animation and also explains how Lindsay Harrison was transformed into the fake Kara and Jor-El's AI's roles in each. It also explains (or at least takes into account) that Jor-El's AI did not inhabit the cave wall until Exodus. And perhaps the biggest piece of evidence that I haven't mentioned until now to support Jor-El's AI taking possession of the cave due to the explosion of Clark's ship is that if Jor-El's AI had been in the cave prior to Exodus, then there was no way he would ever allow the real Kara to access the alter to unify the stones had she not remained in suspended animation, making Zor-El's plan useless & impossible. Zor-El would have known about Jor-El's AI in the cave if it was there prior to Exodus and would know that his plan would never work and would not have wasted his time.

Its very delightful to read posts like these. Sort of gives hope and fills the plot-holes of the story that were never explained and won't be explained (atleast on stage for the viewers).

Great piece Xray, once again. Do you have any other material that you wrote or have collected that would give more info about more situations like these. I once read a post by either Zod-el or Dor-el which was also very insightful.

Comment

Thanks kaam. I have these theories:

1. Jor-El sabotaging Kara's ship (which got incorporated into the theory in this thread):

The KryptonSite/KSiteTV forums are a place originally created to discuss the WB/CW series Smallville which expanded to cover all kinds of TV, movies, and more!

2. Speculation thread about the Superman S shield vs. the Kryptonian 8 symbol and why the S started being used:

Post your wildest theories, speculation, musings about what's going to happen on the show. ALL threads containing spoilers must be marked with the word SPOILER in the subject line.

3. Theory that explains the Jor-El AI's ruthlessness compared to the real Jor-El who was much more humane. This discusses how there was a 2nd phase (a humane phase) to the Jor-El AI that was to be downloaded into the crystal that formed the FOS but never did because Lionel made contact with the crystal and was downloaded with the Jor-El AI's "humanity", making him the oracle & emissary. This theory can still work with the one highlighted in this very thread:

4. Timeline of events that I made that take the theory from #3 and fits it into the grand scheme:

5. Theory of Zor-El giving Dax-Ur a heart for Clark's ship that he himself created. This explains the change in appearance of the heart from the Pilot to Rosetta as not just an update by the crew to make it look more spiffy, but that it was a different heart altogether. This says that Zor-El told Dax-Ur to look for the sign of hope when Kal-El would be ready to start his journey into his roots & training and says that on the day that Rosetta took place, Dax-Ur switched the heart of Clark's ship with the one Zor-El gave him to show the message of ruling Earth with strength when Clark inserted the heart. This theory clashes with the one highlighted in this very thread and was proven to be wrong because the same message was seen in Clark's ship in Memoria when Jor-El inserted the same key into the ship:

6. Theory on how the Jor-El AI we have seen since Calling & Exodus is really Zor-El's AI after Zor-El switched the heart Jor-El built for Clark's ship on Krypton before it exploded. Jor-El after placing Clark in the ship, realized that the message in the ship was not one he programmed, and knew Zor-El was involved. But the ship already sealed itself. Therefore, Jor-El took his S crystal and brainwashed Kara into thinking that it was Zor-El who sent her to Earth and gave her the blue crystal, but it was in fact Jor-El altering her memories (much like Kevin Grady's father did to him in Blank) so she could protect Clark from Zor-El's will because she would never trust him given the history between him & Zor-El and Kara's loyalties to her father. The blue crystal was to get rid of the Zor-El AI corruption in the FOS. But we all know that this was proven false because the blue crystal was made by Zor-El:

7. Theory on the fake Kara (Lindsey Harrison) really being the Martian Manhunter after shape shifting. This one also clashes with the main theory of this thread:

8. Two more earlier theories I had about what Kara was sent on Earth to do and about Jor-El's AI:

9. Theory on the SOS found by Clark & Kara in Fierce being by Dr. Swann, meaning that Swann was a depowered Kryptonian:

10. Theory that says Aethyr was the Phantom Zone prisoner in India because she was sucked into Earth as she was stabbing Raya & has not been accounted for since:

11. Theory on how the FOS was revived by Lionel in Fallout by using the 3-4 unaccounted pieces of Brainiac's power source that broke off when Clark heatvisioned it:

I also have fanfics I wrote that shows my take on stuff. My fanfics are a tangent of the actual series. The tangent came in episode 6.18. In the actual series, episode 6.18 was Progeny, but in my fanfics, it was Retribution. That was the first one I did. Everything prior to Retribution was the same as the official series. Retribution was a partial episode. My next one after that was episode 6.22, which I titled Eradication. That was also a partial episode. After that, I started doing full episodes. Episode 7.01 (my season 7 premiere) was Fissure. It was continued in Episode 7.02 which I titled Clash. And that was followed by the last one I worked on, which was Episode 7.03, titled Krypton. Krypton was one I really wanted to do because it was something I have wanted to see that I doubt we ever will in the official series. It completely explains everything that happened on Krypton from the time the Naman legend was first foretold up to its destruction. In case you're interested in any of these, I provided the links below:

Episode 6.18, Retribution & Episode 6.22, Eradication:
      Forum for posting fan fiction that is primarily plot-driven and doesn't concentrate on any one particular romantic pairing or friendship. Also called "Episodal fic" because it's more like an episode. It can include mentions of different friendships o

Episode 7.01, Fissure:
      Forum for posting fan fiction that is primarily plot-driven and doesn't concentrate on any one particular romantic pairing or friendship. Also called "Episodal fic" because it's more like an episode. It can include mentions of different friendships o

Episode 7.02, Clash:

Episode 7.03, Krypton:

Comment

Thanks Xray, I will take a peek.

Comment

Cool theory, but what if Dax-Ur was Karaīs contact on Earth?
          Something akin to Jonn Jonnz and Jor-El friendship, maybe Dax-Ur and Zor-El were friends?

While Jor-El never said anything about Dax-Ur to Clark, Kara seems to know something about it.

When Kara briefly saw that picture with the pendant (with the SOS sign) she was quick to assume that the kryptonian owner of that pendant was still on Earth.
          So it will be interesting to find out about Dax-Ur real agenda.
          And i hope he will provide some answers to Clark about Kryptonīs past.
          Dax-Ur could be a friend of Jor-El? Or Zor-El?
          Or someone else? Maybe even Zod (although Brainiac/Fine seems to consider him an enemy?)

Dax-Ur blue k ring seems to indicate a connection with the "El family" or perhaps a relative of Lara?
          soon weīll know ...
          Last edited by Billyk; 01-04-2008, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Billyk
            Cool theory, but what if Dax-Ur was Karaīs contact on Earth?
            Something akin to Jonn Jonnz and Jor-El friendship, maybe Dax-Ur and Zor-El were friends?
            I'm looking forward to what they will do with Dax-Ur. My question is, by what you said, are you trying to fit my theory in with Dax-Ur? I think the theory allows Dax-Ur to be Kara's contact if that's what he turns out to be. If this is true, then Dax-Ur could have been looking for Kara because he expected her arrival for years now only to not find her. My question is how your question regarding Dax-Ur possibly being her contact relates to my theory. Also which theory were you talking about, the theory in post #1 of this thread or one of the ones linked in my previous post?

Originally posted by Billyk
            While Jor-El never said anything about Dax-Ur to Clark, Kara seems to know something about it.

When Kara briefly saw that picture with the pendant (with the SOS sign) she was quick to assume that the kryptonian owner of that pendant was still on Earth.
            So it will be interesting to find out about Dax-Ur real agenda.
            And i hope he will provide some answers to Clark about Kryptonīs past.
            Dax-Ur could be a friend of Jor-El? Or Zor-El?
            Or someone else? Maybe even Zod (although Brainiac/Fine seems to consider him an enemy?)

Dax-Ur blue k ring seems to indicate a connection with the "El family" or perhaps a relative of Lara?
            soon weīll know ...
            Is the ring Dax-Ur's? I haven't heard anything about this. If it's a spoiler, then I'd rather not know. But there is a possibility that he could be a friend to Jor-El or Zor-El, or perhaps he played on both sides of the fence and worked with both when benficial to him. One thing seems certain and that's he's not in Smallville or anywhere close to it, otherwise he would have showed up by now. But he did have plenty of signs like the 2 meteor showers, the hope symbol burned into the Kent barn, the destruction of Reeves dam, and more. Is he avoiding Smallville? Either he lost his powers somehow (maybe gold-k) or he's doing a very good job at blending in.

I still think the smartest thing for them to do is explain that Swann was Dax-Ur, or perhaps the future version of Dax-Ur. That would finally explain how he ended up with the key at the end of Legacy---something that has haunted me since. I doubt they will reveal Swann as having been Dax-Ur because they probably want a Dax-Ur that's alive instead of one that passed away. In my fanfic (Krypton), I explained Swann as having been the Earth-2 version of Clark who lived on Krypton-2 (which did not explode) and built a time machine spaceship to travel to Earth-2 several years in the future to gain some perspective. But he happened to end up on Earth-2 during the Crisis of Infinite Earths and was sucked onto Earth-1 of that same year in the future. The gateway/portal that sucked him to Earth-1 closed and he was trapped in a universe where he found out Krypton exploded (Krypton-1). He used the time machine to go back and try to save his planet only to realize that there was nothing he could do and wanted to see his parents for one last time. Jor-El-1 sent Kal-El-1 (our Clark) to Earth just before Krypton exploded & urged the adult Kal-El-2 to leave before sending off Clark/Kal-El-1. But Kal-El-2/Swann lingered and left Krypton just when it exploded, and the explosion damaged his ship and exposed him to enough red solar radiation that his powers would be permanently gone. The auto pilot in his ship sent him back to the past and traveled & crashed on Earth-1 sometime in the 70's. When he woke up, he had no more memories of who he was and was taken in by a family and started going to college. He eventually saw his ship & was convinced it belonged to an alien, not knowing the alien was him. And that's what made him start his company and look for aliens. Eventually the Jor-El AI would establish contact with him and trust him with certain matters relating to his son, and that's the way I explained how Swann got the key in Legacy.

I would love something like this to wrap up Swann's character in the show. There is obviously more than meets the eye there. That key was definitely teleported to him. There's no way he could have sent people out to find it and actually get his hands on it that fast.

Comment

^WoW, once again. Although I don;t think I agree with this theory. But you get points for being brave.

Comment

Originally posted by kaam
                Its very delightful to read posts like these. Sort of gives hope and fills the plot-holes of the story that were never explained and won't be explained (atleast on stage for the viewers).

Great piece Xray, once again. Do you have any other material that you wrote or have collected that would give more info about more situations like these. I once read a post by either Zod-el or Dor-el which was also very insightful.

It's like, nice theory, but like for a mass audience and fans who watch the show Smallville...like we are not all gifted IQ people that can figure out confusing theories and speculation.

It's like we have to think this out so it makes sense to us?? What?

Originally posted by xrayvision
                I think I finally figured out what happened on the day of the meteor shower when Clark & Kara arrived and Lindsay Harrison (the fake Kara) was struck by a meteor. The following threads/posts are what brought me to my conclusion:

1. The link below is to a thread that talks about Jor-El's AI in Clark's ship in its descent to Earth sabotaging Kara's ship so that it would keep her in suspended animation after landing/crashing.

2. The link below is to a post where I talk about my theory on Jor-El in the cave wall and how his AI did not inhabit the cave until the events of Exodus.

Now by putting these together, we get a very possible grand scenario of what happened on the day of the meteor shower. I'll take it in steps.

1. On Krypton, we know something caused Jor-El & Zor-El to grow apart and become enemies. Lara had something to do with it, but it probably started before Jor-El took her away from Zor-El. Regardless, Jor-El from Krypton knew that he could not trust Zor-El and would have known about Zor-El's blue crystal and the ship he built for Kara. He knew that if Kara got to Earth and followed Zor-El's instructions that she would unite the stones to form the FOS and that Zor-El would be released and would rule the world. He knew Kal-El/Clark would be defenseless to stop him because he would be a baby and would also be brainwashed by him. So he knew he had to do something to buy Kal-El some time.

2. Fast forward to Clark's ship's voyage to Earth. We know Kara's ship was not far behind. Jor-El based on what I laid out in #1 would have programmed the heart of the ship he built to stop Kara from being released so he could buy his own son some time. So the AI in the heart of Clark's ship sent a signal to Kara's ship so that it would seal her in & keep her in suspended animation even after it landed. This way, it would allow Clark to seek out the stones when he came of age and eventually form the Fortress of Solitude and prevent Zor-El's blue crystal from being inserted into it. Even though Kara's ship was bigger, it was technologically inferior because it did not have the AI of Zor-El guiding it as Clark's ship had with Jor-El's AI. Zor-El did not build a disembodied AI of himself. Instead he focused on creating a replicant using that blue crystal. Since the blue crystal was powerless unless if plugged into the FOS, Jor-El was at an advantage here and his AI would be able to sabotage Kara's ship. There is no other comprehensible reason as to why Kara's ship did not open after it landed. Landing in water should not have been a problem if Zor-El knew anything about Earth, which he did.

3. Now for Lindsay Harrison (the fake Kara). We know from Covenant that her car took a direct hit from a meteor. The only part of the cave Kara could have been from the day of the 1st meteor shower until Covenant and not been found was the hidden chamber where the altar was located. She even said it herself. Now if you check the 2nd link I posted (above), you'll see my theory on how Jor-El's will was transferred into the cave on the day Clark's ship exploded in Exodus and not earlier. Even if you disagree and think Jor-El's AI was in the cave from before the meteor shower, you still have to ask how Kara's body got into the chamber. Jor-El wasn't active at that time and there are no signs that he could levitate her or suck her into the cave wall from outside the cave. Something must have gotten her into the cave. I have an explanation to this, but will use my theory that says the Jor-El AI was not in the cave prior to Exodus:

a. When the meteor impacted with Linday's car, it sent her flying out of her car and into the hole that Clark fell through as he was dirtbiking in Skinwalker. The impact with the meteor killed her & turned her into a meteor freak and preserved her body much like Tyler Randall's body was preserved after he died in the episode Reaper. Like Clark in Skinwalker, she landed in the cave area with the Naman symbols.

b. After a few minutes, Lindsay, like Tyler Randall in Reaper, rose from the dead and began walking around. She started looking at the symbols in the dark cave & was confused.

c. Going back to #2 (above)...we know that Kara's ship was approaching Earth. In order for Zor-El's plan to work, the FOS had to be built after Kara unified the stones. But she had to place the stones into the altar in that hidden chamber in the cave so that the stones would combine into that unified crystal that would create the FOS. The problem was that Zor-El did not have the key to the cave because Jor-El had placed it on/in Clark's ship. Zor-El would not know if the key would get lost as a result of the impact of Clark's ship with Earth. So instead, Zor-El provided Kara's ship with the energy needed to open the cave wall (like Isobel did with her magic). Before it landed, Kara's ship sent out a signal to open the cave wall so that Kara would be able to access the altar to place the stones in. The hidden chamber opened up when this signal was emitted. This is when Lindsay was startled and walked into the chamber. Having sensed the signal Kara's ship was emitting, Jor-El's AI in Clark's ship began its sequence to sabotage Kara's ship to keep her in suspended animation upon landing. Once the sabotage process was complete, it would then send a signal to once again close up that chamber. The chamber closed thereafter with Lindsay Harrison trapped inside.

d. We now look at Dr. Walden & Clark in the episodes Rosetta and Calling. We know that both Clark and later Walden in Rosetta get downloaded with the Kryptonian language, but Walden goes into a coma because he is a human and the cave reacts differently to him. In Calling, Walden has free will to rearrange the cave symbols and find out who the last son who will rule really is. In Rosetta & Calling, all sorts of information that Jor-El would never divulge to anyone other than Clark is released. Later on, we see that Jor-El doesn't want humans to learn about Kryptonian knowledge as in the case with the stones. In Rosetta, we see that anyone (even humans) using the key can acquire Kryptonian knowledge and in Calling Walden doesn't even need the key anymore and uses his hands.

e. Fast forward to the events of Exodus. Clark destroyed his ship using Lionel's kryptonite key as Jor-El expected (see the 2nd link posted above for details) and the energy radiating out of the explosion was received by the cave wall. Jor-El as a result takes control of the caves and becomes a gatekeeper of all Kryptonian information, putting an end to the irresponsible divulging of info that took place in Rosetta & Calling. As he takes control, he also notices a girl trapped in the hidden chamber of the cave where the altar resides & leaves her there.

Jor-El: His destiny is too great for you to comprehend. This was Kal-El's first test to see if he was ready to begin his journey.

Jor-El: This phase of Kal-El's journey is almost complete. It will be of no consequence if he returns to you ... for now.

In this exchange, it's clear that Jor-El expected Clark to respond the way he did, which was to find a way to destroy the ship & follow through to actually do so. From here, we get a clue that Jor-El to a point wanted Clark to destroy the ship or at least designed the ship with that expectation so that it would start the process of getting the AI to the cave, where a lot more information had been stored than in the heart of Clark's ship.

Jonathan makes a deal with Jor-El to get Clark back, which we learn more about later.

g. Fast forward to Legacy. Here we find out that Jor-El is waiting. At the time the episode aired, we didn't know what, but looking back we know he's waiting for Jonathan to give Clark back to him. Jonathan does not do this. Instead he ignores the message and goes to the cave, causing the key to get sucked into the wall and get into Dr. Swann's hands. Instead of giving Clark back to Jor-El, Jonathan causes a delay in Clark's training because he no longer has the key, which he needed to get into that hidden chamber to start his training to secure the stones.

h. Sometime between Legacy and Covenant, Jor-El gets sick of waiting for Jonathan to give Clark back to him and realizes that he's been stiffed on his end. As item e explained, Jor-El for a while now knows that a girl is trapped in the hidden chamber of the cave. So he now resorts to plan B and starts to overload her with energy from the cave and starts reprogramming her to bring Clark back to him.

i. Fast forward to Covenant. Here is when we find out that Jonathan broke his deal with Jor-El. Jonathan admits to Martha that he didn't want her worrying about something that may never happen (being Jor-El wanting Clark back). By now, Jor-El is done reprogramming Lindsay Harrison. He gives her the name of Kara, which happened to be the real name of Clark's cousin, who Jor-El's AI sealed in her own ship & knew wouldn't be around to expose the fake Kara. He releases her to the Kent farm to bring back Clark because Jonathan broke his promise. The truth about Kara/Lindsay is exposed but it's too late and Jor-El forces Clark to enter the cave wall by threatening Jonathan's life.

So there it is. This theory explains why Kara's ship never opened & why it kept her in suspended animation and also explains how Lindsay Harrison was transformed into the fake Kara and Jor-El's AI's roles in each. It also explains (or at least takes into account) that Jor-El's AI did not inhabit the cave wall until Exodus. And perhaps the biggest piece of evidence that I haven't mentioned until now to support Jor-El's AI taking possession of the cave due to the explosion of Clark's ship is that if Jor-El's AI had been in the cave prior to Exodus, then there was no way he would ever allow the real Kara to access the alter to unify the stones had she not remained in suspended animation, making Zor-El's plan useless & impossible. Zor-El would have known about Jor-El's AI in the cave if it was there prior to Exodus and would know that his plan would never work and would not have wasted his time.

It's like, nice theory, but like for a mass audience and fans who watch the show Smallville...like we are not all gifted IQ people that can figure out confusing theories and speculation.

It's like we have to think this out so it makes sense to us?? What?

Comment

^ I am not sure I understand you properly or if you comment is directed towards me or Xray (as you posted the same for both our posts) but I will try to respond.

It is a theory and to make sense of it all, we have to think it through and put the pieces together with whats going on in SV. Call me Optimistic but you have to think about the missing details when dealing with "aliens" from another planet. And its harder to make sense of it because its not told in an episode (its not photographic) and therefore you have to do the transition yourself. But if you have questions of your own that popped up in your head when watching the show, its not that difficult to connect the dots when reading this. But thats just my 2 cents.

Comment

I find the theory interesting, entertaining, and plausible.

Comment

Yeah, it drives me crazy how they write this show for big developments, and then they never explain or resolve the developments they introduce only to focus on the most mundane and idiotic love stories between characters. There are many examples of unexplained or unresolved things.

Unexplained:

1. How Dr. Swann ended up with the key at the end of Legacy

2. The fake Kara in Covenant and everything about her (why Jor-El chose the name Kara when he brainwashed Lindsay Harrison, why Jor-El did that to her when he is now being portrayed as a good guy, how she ended up in the cave when she was driving in a car that took a hit from a meteor, etc)

3. How the dagger that Zod broke in 2 ended up back in the FOS as we saw in Blue and who fixed it

4. Why was the 8 symbol used all that time and then all of a sudden the "S" shield/logo started appearing? I can understand that they wanted to use it after the Superman Returns movie came out and they were finally allowed to use it, but they should explain why rather than just throwing it out there for no reason.

5. Everything that happened on Krypton. We know that there was a war and Zod blew up Krypton, but how? Who were the key players? Was Zor-El working with Zod? We know that Jor-El created Brainiac (from Lara), but how did it get reprogrammed?

6. Who was the first Kryptonian to come to Earth? Was it Kem-El (Clark's ancestor who created the Eradicator in the comics)? How did he know about the future? Did he invent a time machine or a device that showed him future events?

7. Why is Jor-El's AI so ruthless compared to the real Jor-El? Was he programmed to be that way? Was there not enough time to make him more compassionate? Was it impossible to do that since he was just programming and has no emotions? Or is there something else?

8. Why did Lex clone Lana? Was it a test run for cloning Julian, or was there more to it? Was his plan to make the clone be alive and kill the real Lana so he can have a drone who always loved him?

9. When were the portals from Krypton to Earth (and presumably other planets) built & who built them? Was it Jor-El?

10. Is it just a coincidence that Zor-El told Lara that they could rule them (humans) with strength, which was exactly what the message in Clark's ship in Rosetta said?

Unresolved:

1. Brainiac's power source was heatvisioned by Clark and broke up into 4-5 pieces. The biggest piece accounted for about 60-65% of the power source while the rest accounted to 35-40% of the power source. The big piece was taken by Lex and turned into dust when Baern sucked out the energy. But the other 3-4 pieces that made up 35-40% of the power source should have a huge amount of energy stored in them along with Brainiac's program. What happened to those pieces? For such a dangerous item, how could they just leave those pieces unaccounted for? If the power inside the power source remained intact even after it was broken, then even by breaking it into 100 pieces, the power should still be there along with Brainiac's code.

2. Aethyr was last seen stabbing Raya as Clark put his hand on the Phantom Zone's exit "S" console. Raya got sucked out and ended up on Earth, so for sure Aethyr who was right next to her also ended up on Earth, though she remains unaccounted for. And Clark even screamed Raya's name as he saw Aethyr stab her, so he should know that Aethyr must be on Earth.

3. Lex's clones/army at Reeves Dam. What happened to this?

4. Who took care of the Luthorcorp jet that crashed by the FOS in Vessel/Zod? Jets like that have a blackbox that sends a beacon so it can be tracked. Lex would certainly be curious as to what happened to his plane and how Martha & Lois (who were on it) ended up in Smallville without the plane. Did Lionel take care of it? This would mean that he knows geographically the latitude & longitude coordinates of the FOS.

5. Where is the black ship portion of Brainiac? We saw it disappear, but it should still exist but in a deactivated state. Hopefully when Brainiac returns, the ship will too.

6. What about Nam-Ek? We know he got his throat slashed in the Phantom Zone, but did he get sucked to Earth too? And if he did, did he recover under the yellow sun?

I started a count that I have to update. You can find it here:

Comment

Ok, iīll try and answer some of your questions, but ultimately i guess TPTB wonīt provide that many answers but hopefully they will give us enough to mantain the storyline consistent.

1) Martian Manhunter seems to have a connection with Swann industries, in the Justice & Doom game we can glimpse how MM is healing his wounds outside Earthīs atmosphere. We can see he is there thanks to Swann industries tech.
                        So i guess that at some point Swann met with MM and MM gave Swann information of alien technology (mainly martians but also a bit about kryptonian tech).
                        With this info Dr. Swann had the ability to teleport the key back to one of his facilities.

2) Another test from Jor-Elīs AI. Yes it is ruthless and cold, but thatīs mainly because Clark has refused to accept his mission of uniting the stones to avoid brainiac/zod arrival on earth.

3) Good question. But the dagger we saw on the Blue ep. could be a new copy of that broken dagger, or somekind of backup/spare that was left there. Kinda like when you lose your car keys, but can still drive if you have a copy.

4) I believe the \8/ symbol was the mark of El ancestors after they created the Eradicator and stones of knowledge technology. Later on Jor-El decided to make another mark similar to the old one, and that became the \S/ symbol. I guess Jor-El wanted it to be a mark of hope for the whole planet, because Jor-Elīs goal was to use Brainiac technology to keep the planet safe, not to mention keeping most of the galaxies safe from criminals by banishing them to the PZ.
                        Zor-El i guess was not very pleased with Jor-Elīs new mark, the \S/ so he kept his \8/ necklace, perhaps because Zor-El identified with Kem-El and his view of dominating/ruling with strenght.
                        Although Zor-El still uses the \S/ pendant for a few things, such as erasing the memories of people.

5) I hope the show eventually adress this question as it really begs to be answered.

6) Would be good to know, letīs hope that TPTB eventually answers this one too, though it was most likely one of Clarkīs ancestors.

7) i think this is because the technology Jor-El used was older/ programmed by his ancestors (eradicator tech) which had cold demeanor, though the AI does its best to emulate Jor-Elīs memory and will.
                        Maybe that softer side can only come out when Jor-El finds an human to use as an emissary, such as Lionel.

8) Maybe it was a foreshadowing of the Julian Project or simply to have cloned Lana pregnant (remember Lexmas ep, Lana pregnant means dead Lana) so that would be a way to insure the real Lana would not die, have her clones pregnant.

9) I believe the PZ was discovered by Jor-El. But the portals were probably discovered by someone else, way before Jor-El time.

10) I donīt think it is a coincidence. I believe one of Clarks ancestors, Kem-El imagined a future where kryptonians would rule other planets with strenght. And most likely that point of view was also considered correct by both Zod and Zor-El.
                        But the shipīs heart had that message because Jor-El had short time to dispatch baby Clark to Earth and no other ship technology good enough, only one left was the ones of designed by his ancestors, with that ruling message.
                        Last edited by Billyk; 01-05-2008, 10:39 PM.

Comment

This theory is still possible given the info revealed since I came up with it.

Funny how my theory explains that Jor-El's plan with the fake Kara was very similar to what Bizarro did in Gemini (paraded around as Clark while the real Clark was trapped).

Comment

That is crazy awesome!

Comment

woah, never thought of that, you might actually be onto something

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎