Comment

oooo...ooo..headed there now!
        THanks!!!!!!!

Comment

Part 3 is out

Comment

Part 4

Comment

What did everyone think of "Betty"? I liked it, but I'm preparing myself from the slew of "omg so lame" comments since it was about a character that isn't immediately likable to most of the "normal" people.

I wonder if we will see her in the show next year? I think she'd be an interesting diversion from all of the "pretty" people we already have. Let's face it the Season 1 cast was all pretty attractive, not very realistic. Would be nice to see a chubby pimply high school girl, IMO. Something for those of us that weren't as perfect as Clare and the other cheerleaders from S1 (for example) to enjoy.

Comment

I like it, she may be a little predictable though, we will have to wait & see.

And I agree with you, I would like to see some "normal superheroes".

Comment

The jury's out until the next installment, but I appreciated the Breakfast Club reference and Ren's line about AP History of White America.

Comment

Okay I'm stupid, but so are both of you for not calling me on it. *g*

Someone on another website pointed out that Betty is most likely the backstory of a hero we've already met.

Now think long and hard. Didn't someone mention in a roundabout way that they might be "huge" despite their current attractive physical appearance? Someone that can make people see anything they want them to?

Yeah, feel dumb now?

Comment

It could be.

Re-reading novel....................
                      With the "Not long ago" at the very first, I believe it is her.

Comment

So that's what candace looks like....

It's obvious that that is indeed Candace, but the external/internal voices sound nothing at all like the candace we've seen on the show. Candace is pessimistic about the world sure, but she's not, well, so self-absorbed. Candace seemed on the show to be more upset about the fact that people were not tolerant of her appearance because she pitied their attitudes, not pittied herself.

Anyway, since Missy Peregrym has left, I see Candace taking over Hana's spot as extremely underused character to never make another apearence on the show but instead star in a number of unimportant/unentertaining webcomics.

Oh, and did anyone else catch the Ultimate Spider-man rip-off?

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Doctor
                          So that's what candace looks like....

It's obvious that that is indeed Candace, but the external/internal voices sound nothing at all like the candace we've seen on the show. Candace is pessimistic about the world sure, but she's not, well, so self-absorbed. Candace seemed on the show to be more upset about the fact that people were not tolerant of her appearance because she pitied their attitudes, not pittied herself.

Anyway, since Missy Peregrym has left, I see Candace taking over Hana's spot as extremely underused character to never make another apearence on the show but instead star in a number of unimportant/unentertaining webcomics.

Oh, and did anyone else catch the Ultimate Spider-man rip-off?
                          Not sure what you're talking about with the "Ultimate Spider-Man rip-off" but I'm going to assume based on the general overuse of that word on these forums that you're jumping to the "rip-off" conclusion over something fairly innocent.

1) Hana's webcomics were probably some of the only entertaining of the bunch, mostly because they covered ground that wasn't completely covered on the show.

2) The "voice" used for Candace in this comic was that of a high school girl just finding out how cruel the world could be and not yet fully developed and likely not nearly as well-read as modern Candace is. It seems accurate enough to me that she started out self-absorbed (as do most teenagers) then later developed her hatred for society in general and it's treatment of people because of their appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
                            Not sure what you're talking about with the "Ultimate Spider-Man rip-off" but I'm going to assume based on the general overuse of that word on these forums that you're jumping to the "rip-off" conclusion over something fairly innocent.

1) Hana's webcomics were probably some of the only entertaining of the bunch, mostly because they covered ground that wasn't completely covered on the show.

2) The "voice" used for Candace in this comic was that of a high school girl just finding out how cruel the world could be and not yet fully developed and likely not nearly as well-read as modern Candace is. It seems accurate enough to me that she started out self-absorbed (as do most teenagers) then later developed her hatred for society in general and it's treatment of people because of their appearance.

The problem with Hana's webcomics for me was, I simply stopped carring. The character was in something like 2 scenes in the show, and realy had a lot of potential. A few were entertaining, but I found the ones that only used her to frame another story (like Au Co) to be much more so. The webcomics that give us another look/glimpse/insight to something that is important on camera I find to be the best. But, in the end, I suppose its a matter of opinion as to which webcomics are more/less entertaining.

I suppose you are right about her voice. I should wait to see how she grows over the four webcomics. It was just jarring to me the dissimalarity, and I didn't stop to think about it before posting. I suppose that realy, while I imagined Candace was ugly and obese, I never expected a goth/emo/self-loathing teanager. But, thinking about it, it may make sense.

As for the rip-off scene, I have, in other threads, defended scenes, plots, themes and characters that others have deemed "rip-offs". But this time it seemed to me to indeed be a blatant rip-off.

In ultimate Spider-man, a recurring scene is onen where Peter Parker is tripped by a Jock, had food thrown on him, and then had the jock comment to one of his buddies the "score" of the assault on a scale of one to ten. It's not a similar accusation to the "omg sylar t0ta11y threw dat truck just like in Xmen3 total ripoff lol" threads. It's the exact same scene.

Then again, I suppose it could be an "homage" to one of the greatest modern sequential art ongoings. So, I take my accusation of rip-off back, but do indeed believe that it is either an homage or rip-off still.
                            Last edited by The Ninth Doctor; 06-26-2007, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Hey everyone, I have been gone for ahile and it feels good to be back.

I just read the comic and completely thought it was Candace before I got done with the first page. Betty seemed like she secretly strived to fit in with everyone else, thus the trying out for a cheerleader commit. Once Betty figures out the illusion control angle, she will of course try to fit in by becoming that which she has feared her entire Highschool life.

Comment

I'm really enjoying the Betty storyline, it makes a refreshing change from the overly serious Haitian arc. I too think Betty is Candace, there's a look about her that reminds me of her future self (something about the eyes I think).
                                With this issue, it looks as though she may be trying to get rid of her friend so she can fit in with everyone else, which seems more like the conniving persona we've seen in the episodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎