X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Ratings for Gemini

The overnight ratings

The CW’s Smallville (3.0/ 5)

Lowest of the year, but I was expecting it to be.

Fast Nationals show the same low numbers.

Smallville (Viewers: #5, 3.84 million; A18-49: #4, 1.5/ 4)

Season 7 Week to Week

Bizarro............5.18 million*
    Kara................4.59 million*
    Fierce..............4.82 million*
    Cure................5.18 million*
    Action..............4.65 million*
    Lara................4.38 million*
    Wrath..............4.64 million*
    Blue.................4.51 million*
    Gemini.............3.84 million

* - Final Rating

Season Average - 4.64 million
    Last edited by Best Episode - 321; 12-14-2007, 09:53 AM.

Not much of a surprise really. They bit their own butt when they put this one alone in December. Still, a decent episode though

Comment

Yeah, it's a pitty, I think that "Gemini" was great but I knew the ratings wouldn't be that good. It's not just that "Gemini" is the only episode of the month, but the last episodes "Lara", "Wrath" and "Blue" were quite bad. I didn't want to watch "Gemini", I have to admit that I did because I liked the fandom much more that the show itself. But now, thanks to "Gemini", I have hope in Smallville again.

Comment

This may be another factor: My DVR didn't mark this episode or Supernatural's as new. Thank goodness I checked and made sure both shows were recorded. I wonder how many people were unaware that last night's episode was new?

Comment

That happened last year with Subterranean as well, a lot of viewers didn't know that a new episode would be aired that night. Even some users of this site missed the episode, and this year Smallville is far from being well promoted.

Comment

The ratings would have been better had some people actually known that a new episode was airing.

The CW is that bad at promoting their stuff.

Comment

If I remember correctly The CW actually did a decent job promoting this episode and weeks in advance. I think some people were just assuming it was going to be another "bad" episode so decided not to tune in. Plus its close to the holidays so some people may have already gone on vacation early. Anyways next episode should have better ratings with two well known guest stars and the episodes after that look good too with a DC hero appearing and past characters appearing also. The season average is still so far better than season four (4.4 million/episode) and season six (4.1 million/episode) so that's some good news. Season five I believe was 4.7 million/episode so they're getting there and if they're really lucky they can maybe beat season three's average of 4.9 million/episode.

Comment

I knew this episode wouldn't recieve great ratings b/c the CW never promoted it, when I watched ANTM on 12/12 there were no commercails for Smallville, the only ones were for that stupid reality show, Crowned.... Also even on thursday I watched Reba and still no commercials. Only showed supernatural commercials....
                Maybe many people thought Chimmy was returning also, and decided not to tune in.

Comment

Originally posted by quietone
                  This may be another factor: My DVR didn't mark this episode or Supernatural's as new. Thank goodness I checked and made sure both shows were recorded. I wonder how many people were unaware that last night's episode was new?
                  I noticed that too when I looked up tv listings on Zap2it. It was not listed as being a new episode.

Comment

Final Rating actually went down

3.71 million viewers

Comment

Originally posted by theotherJane
                      The CW is that bad at promoting their stuff. [/B]

ALSO THE WRITERS STRIKE IS REALLY MESSING EVERYTHING UP

Comment

I have a feeling that there were probably a lot of people that didn't watch because they forgot it was going to be a new episode. So far and few between they are becoming. Especially with the holidays, I think it's easy to forget. Thank God for my DVR!!!

Comment

The December episode is just plain no good for ratings.

Comment

Because of the writers strike plus the holidays people like myself forgot a new episode was coming. I just happen upon it by accident thank god.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendaryU2K
                              ALSO THE WRITERS STRIKE IS REALLY MESSING EVERYTHING UP
                              The strike has not yet touched Smallville. Only when the scripts run out will it be effected. Besides, Al/Miles are down in LA, so there's a skeleton crew working on Smallville. And the further they stay away, the better off the show is.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎