X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "can you fly?"

i wanted to hit him.

Same here

Comment

what? why would you want to hit jimmy? i didn't think it sounded at all silly, stupid, or forced that the very first thought jimmy had when he heard that she had a meteor power was flight. i mean seriously, he's seen so many flying meteor freaks in the short time he's been on the show right? it just seems natural that flight would be his first thought. kind of a pavlovian mental association. yeah. not stupid at all.
      Last edited by mistaguitarmasta; 01-11-2008, 08:31 AM.

Comment

i don't know, it reminds me of a trailer i saw for a new movie, i forgot what its called but its based on a book. The kid is learning about some powers or something, and he says, wait.. can i fly? and the other guy was like.. 'dork'.

it just seems a little silly.

Comment

I think Jimmy's line is just a throw back to Chloe's in "Rush". When she was drugged she asked Clark "Can you fly?"

Comment

I remember when Chole ask Clark if he could fly. Clark said i'm not a cartoon

Comment

Here's the thing. Whether we're talking about "Rush" or "Gemini", it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense for people to ask their superpowered friends if they can fly. Think about it. Superman was the first superhero, right? Well if he was the first superhero, he would also have to be the first FLYING superhero by default. When you think about superheroes, you probably think about strength, flight, and other powers associated with superheroes you've seen and heard of. But Superman doesn't exist (yet) in the SV Universe, right? Therefore, wouldn't it be a bit silly for people to go around asking each other "Can you fly?" if they don't have any superhero to be influenced by?

If no one has seen or heard of Superman, how can they immediately ask "Can you fly?" when they hear that someone has a superpower? Why that particular power and why is it always the FIRST question? Just doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

It's a TV show, it was meant as a cute joke, not as realism.

Comment

Can't Warrior Angel, the equivalent of SM, fly?

Comment

I thought it was cute. LOL!

Yes Warrior Angel can fly. Though it would be funny if he had huge wings and couldn't fly. heeheehee

No actually it wouldn't be funny.

Comment

I thought the line was pretty funny.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
                        It's a TV show, it was meant as a cute joke, not as realism.
                        yeah, i know...i'll admit i chuckled when he said it, but little inaccuracies like that still tend to bother me....im a perfectionist like that....sort of a mild OCD

Comment

But it wasn't an inaccuracy...

Comment

Originally posted by mistaguitarmasta
                            Here's the thing. Whether we're talking about "Rush" or "Gemini", it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense for people to ask their superpowered friends if they can fly. Think about it. Superman was the first superhero, right? Well if he was the first superhero, he would also have to be the first FLYING superhero by default. When you think about superheroes, you probably think about strength, flight, and other powers associated with superheroes you've seen and heard of. But Superman doesn't exist (yet) in the SV Universe, right? Therefore, wouldn't it be a bit silly for people to go around asking each other "Can you fly?" if they don't have any superhero to be influenced by?

If no one has seen or heard of Superman, how can they immediately ask "Can you fly?" when they hear that someone has a superpower? Why that particular power and why is it always the FIRST question? Just doesn't make sense to me.
                            Warrior Angel is the comicbook icon in Smallville's reality and he's known for flying. Warrior Angel is pretty much their Superman.

Comment

Originally posted by Radioflyer
                              Warrior Angel is the comicbook icon in Smallville's reality and he's known for flying. Warrior Angel is pretty much their Superman.
                              AGREEEEEEEEEEEEED

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

its not like its 1930 and these are new ideas.
                              im sure in the smallville world people created the ideas of superheroes. chloe did call clark a superhero. lol
                              Last edited by KAL-EL_3; 01-22-2008, 04:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎