Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spoken Kryptonian language?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that I think about it, there were so many signs through out the episode that was screaming that it wasn't Clark. But I didn't catch on, of course the real Clark would have been completely clueless, he most likely wouldn't have caught on to that lady speaking Kryptonian, less know right it out like Bizzaro did.

Comment

^^^^^^

I almost agreed with you, until the last part. Clark would have been great. I had my suspicions about clark through the episode, but was still rather surprised at the end. I knew that the bomber/clone was julian though. I freakin' knew it!

Smallville goes down in history then on the spoken kryptonian. That's sweet!

Comment

The spoken Kryptonian was very cool. I thought of the comments I'd read after "Lara." LOL!

Comment

Too bad we actually didn't hearing much kryptonian, I think it'd be great if we ever get to see Clark speaking it with someone else

Comment

Does anyone else think it's a bit odd however, that a lone kryptonian word, Clark can read no problem, and he can write the written language, and recognize the spoken one, yet he still needs Chole to tranlate it for him?

Comment

^ yea that is jacked up and doesn't make sense. then again this is smallville. nothing makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by erikamichelle614
                clark has never heard kryptonian. how does he know what it would sound like?
                This wasn't Clark. Is a phantom with Clark's memories. The real criminal, phantom, must have heard the language in Krypton. Funny how they prefer english in Krypton.

Comment

It was not historic .. In the comics kryptonian was a spoken language. I realize that Smallville is very different from the comics, but this is not any type "event" as far as the mythos goes.

Actually - the way I learned kryptonian is from a version of the Kara story. When Superman found her ship - at the bottom of a lake - she could only speak kryptonian, and it took her a couple days to learn english.

Comment

Uh, ClarksNextGF, we know that, and have said that. It's not new for Kryptonians to talk, the landmark is that in Superman Media, this is the first time we've ever HEARD kryptonian, as opposed to READING it.

Comment

Why i didn't notice that? could someone send me alink gor that moment?

Comment

Originally posted by HalJordan4184
                        Does anyone else think it's a bit odd however, that a lone kryptonian word, Clark can read no problem, and he can write the written language, and recognize the spoken one, yet he still needs Chole to tranlate it for him?
                        He can translate it fine what he did not understand was that when he translated it , it was just numbers like a computer error so he needed CHloe to decifer the translated version into english not computer giberish

Comment

Originally posted by erikamichelle614
                          clark has never heard kryptonian. how does he know what it would sound like?
                          Well, Bizarro would know Kryptonian, because he was created on Krypton. I have no idea if Clark knows spoken Kryptonian, although I would bet he does, since he knows the written language. It would be hard to write without knowing the words you are trying to say.

I have wondered about the language a few times. For instance, when Kara said, "It's your language, I just studied it." I thought it would have been cool if they'd had Lara and Kara and Zor El speaking in Kryptonian when it was just the three of them. There could have been subtitles. But I guess not everyone likes subtitles,so maybe that's why they didn't do it.

Comment

haha it was NOT Clark, did everybody forget the ending??

personally i knew the whole time, you can tell by his voice, and his attitude.

Comment

yeah that may have something to do with it

Comment

Originally posted by msleggie
                                Now that I think about it, there were so many signs through out the episode that was screaming that it wasn't Clark. But I didn't catch on, of course the real Clark would have been completely clueless, he most likely wouldn't have caught on to that lady speaking Kryptonian, less know right it out like Bizzaro did.
                                I agree. I don't think the real Clark would have been able to write down what she was saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎