No announcement yet.

Don't piss Hiro off!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't piss Hiro off!

Damn! That was cruel what he did to Adam! It would have been kinder just to lop off his head. I know Adam was evil, but wow, I didn't think Hiro had that kind of darkness in him. Think about it, Adam is immortal, therefore he's going to be buried ALIVE for a very very very long time.

From an interview with Kring, he said he teleported Adam into a grave in the same cemetery as his father.

That was indeed (IMO) cruel.
    And from Hiro's face, he was fighting an internal battle with himself over it. Hiro didn't want to be a killer, so I suppose that was his solution to render Adam harmless as well as to punish him for killing his father.

Comment

Originally posted by STFanatic
      From an interview with Kring, he said he teleported Adam into a grave in the same cemetery as his father.

That was indeed (IMO) cruel.
      And from Hiro's face, he was fighting an internal battle with himself over it. Hiro didn't want to be a killer, so I suppose that was his solution to render Adam harmless as well as to punish him for killing his father.
      it's not like Adam is going to die in there. Maybe he can get out someday.

Comment

Yes, but to be subjected to confinement within such a small area for an incredibly long amount of time is a horrible punishment, by almost any standard. I guess that Adam's attempted mass murder of billions would justify just about any sort of punishment, if you are prescribed to a sort of retributive view. But I think that subjecting anyone to such a fate is wrong if there was any other way to neutralize the harm that the entity could do in a less cruel fashion.

Comment

I don't see how Adam can survive for too long. His ability gives him the ability to regenerate, not survive conditions that don't support life. Without oxygen, he will die. No new blood will be produced in him either, so after enough time passes, it will be too late for him to be revived.

Technically what Hiro did to him should kill him eventually. He will just last longer than a normal person would.

If no one rescues Adam, or he doesn't get out on his own soon, he's finished. I have a feeling Hiro's conscience will push him to rescue Adam.

Originally posted by RedPhoenix23
          Think about it, Adam is immortal, therefore he's going to be buried ALIVE for a very very very long time.
          He's not immortal, he regenerates. In conditions that don't support life, like an airless environment, he's done for.
          Last edited by Xanderman; 12-05-2007, 01:56 AM.

Comment

If somebody wanted to find Adam, they could use Molly to track him down.

Comment

Originally posted by Barogrei
              Yes, but to be subjected to confinement within such a small area for an incredibly long amount of time is a horrible punishment, by almost any standard. I guess that Adam's attempted mass murder of billions would justify just about any sort of punishment, if you are prescribed to a sort of retributive view. But I think that subjecting anyone to such a fate is wrong if there was any other way to neutralize the harm that the entity could do in a less cruel fashion.

Anyway...that rocked, Hiro is da man!

Comment

I love hiro .. but that is beyond cruel.. I suppose taking him to prehystoric time would have been risky bc then he could have been the real adam.. But a coffin.. If somethings too evil to survive just kill them don't tourture them..

And Caper thanks for the hope of molly.. talk about sympathy for the devil..

Comment

Hiro was not one of the few that was aware that Adam could be killed by removing his head. (Which, btw, has yet to be 'proven' on screen). So, fully assuming the man to be immortal and indestructable (he has lived for more than 400 years, AND Hiro witnessed him surviving being in a massive explosion and surviving) he had little choice, so Hiro did what was needed. Going off of the knowledge Hiro had at the time, he took the only step he could that would remove Adam as a threat. I cant beleive you people actually feel bad for him.

Comment

i thought it was an awesome move, one that i didn't see coming. i mean i would have never thought of that- and hiro being hiro wouldn't be able to kill someone who was defenceless and also as has been pointed out he thinks Adam can't be killed.

it is a horrible punishment but once you think in the story he's trying to kill EVERYONE on earth then he's gotta get a worse punishment than murderers get

Comment

That was cool, he didn't kill him but he place him somewhere where he cannot be a threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman

He's not immortal, he regenerates. In conditions that don't support life, like an airless environment, he's done for.
                        If that's the case why bother mentioning "put a bullet right through the head, it's the only way"?

How about "put him in my brother's apartment, it's the only way".

Comment

Originally posted by hansioux
                          How about "put him in my brother's apartment, it's the only way".
                          What do you mean? Brother's apartment? lol please clarify

As for the bullet in the head thing, that's flawed based on what we've seen already and I thought it was a dumb thing for Angela to say with such conviction/confidence. We know that people with regen blood inside them expel bullets from their bodies as the blood heals them. A bullet in the head doesn't matter to regen blood, as evidenced by the resurrection of HRG. In fact, almost any injury to the brain can be healed I'd say, as long as the crucial areas (knowledge/memories etc) aren't completely wiped out (crucial in that they are irreplaceable). Both Peter and Claire were impaled with objects much larger than a bullet, both healed once the objects were pulled out. In the meantime regen-blood kept them preserved or in some other unique state, as revealed by their grey eyes. A bullet is a small object, it probably wouldn't need to be removed by another person, it would get pushed out on its own during the healing process, in much the same way we've seen before.
                          Last edited by Xanderman; 12-10-2007, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Caper 469
                            If somebody wanted to find Adam, they could use Molly to track him down.
                            Yeah, there is always that.

Comment

This makes me wonder... Even with the coffin and a foot of concrete between him and the surface, couldn't Adam slowly scratch his way out? I mean think of it, his finger nails constantly regenerate, and as we all know even water can slowly erode just about anything... I mean it would take looooong time, but he can still do it.

Actually to go even more extreme, he could rip off parts of his body, like his arm or leg, which would just regenerate, and use the old limbs to create bone tools that could do this too.... sure it sounds crazy, but if I was immortal trapped in a grave like that... I might give it a try! ha

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎