Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? hated it? What did you think of Powerless?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This season finale kind of left me cold.

First, I'd like to say than the two most compassionnate heroes of last year are now stupid jerks. I don't think there is anything cool about the way Hiro handled Adam. Burying someone alive, especially someone that is immortal, is just cruel and heartless. Chopping his head would have been more merciful.

Peter was just a dumb arrogant bastard. I was sure for a second that he was gonna kill Hiro, the way he was holding and moving him against the wall. That Peter didn't just take the time to talk with Hiro or Matt about Adam was just stupid. And we knew from "4 months ago" that Peter can phase through walls with someone, they could have just done that, instead of giving Peter a nosebleed.

I was also a bit disapointed that Hiro, Nathan and Matt didn't face Peter togheter, it could have been a cool fight. But just like the fight against Sylar last year, they just don't feel the need to unite the heroes for now, and that's just too bad.

I didn't like either that Peter could overpower Matt mentaly. Did he have any kind of training against mind control ? If Peter can also insta-absorb another hero new abilities that they had to work to develop, he is even more powerful than before, and that sucks.

I thought for sure that Nathan was about to say that they should stick togheter from now on, and I was thinking "At last, they all gonna work togheter". But going public was a good idea too, and it could have opened a lot of doors for next season. But they prefered to keep a statu quo, and it's too bad. I hope they won't do that too much, just because they want to stretch the show as long as possible.

Nathan about to die again. So what ? He can be healed by Claires blood or Peters. Or just survive his wounds. I really want him to survive, because I love Nathan, but if he doesn't die, the show is going to lose some credibility, because dying isn't going to be a problem anymore on this show, and any scene where a hero loved by the audience is about to die will lose any strenght it could had have. I also have a problem about Matt "convincing" people to listen to Nathan on his demand. It seems that our heroes have a real "the end justify the means" attitude this year, even the best of them.

Nathan and Peter togheter again, great. They always have great scenes togheter and a great chemistry. The best part of the show was the press conference and Nathan getting shot (great acting from Milo on that one, he really looked surprise, and thus I can believe that the reason he couldn't hear the shooter was because he was deep in his thoughts). It was kind of contrived though when Nathan was trying to convince Peter that he isn't dumb, but rather just a bit naive. I still think he's dumb anyway.

Sylar getting is powers back : back to square one. I hope next year he will do something else than just kill and eat brains.

Elle is still an annoying little brat, but I think that I don't buy it because I keep seeing Veronica Mars in front of me.

Nikki is dead, and the funny thing was that Monica did nothing to help the woman who was rescuing her. What a hero. Muxh like D.L., Nikki was offered a heros death, so the title of the show is justify, and even though she barely ever did anything heroic before. Oh well.

HRG is back at the Company. Square one. Claire is whining. Regression.

All and all a decent episode, but nothing I'll remember when I die. 7/10
    Last edited by Martin le Magicien; 12-05-2007, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Lol, great review Martin.

Originally posted by Martin le Magicien
      I didn't like either that Peter could overpower Matt mentaly. Did he have any kind of training against mind control ? If Peter can also insta-absorb another hero new abilities that they had to work to develop, he is even more powerful than before, and that sucks.
      Keep in mind though that Peter should have Sylar's intuitive aptitude (if that's an actual ability that Sylar had to begin with, that is), and so technically he should be able to master abilities very quickly, and be even better/more powerful than the originals.

And yet where was this intuitive aptitude with Adam eh? He trusted Adam over Hiro almost completely it seemed, surely his ability to figure things out/figure people out should have made it clear that Adam was the bad guy. Lots of flaws in this show surrounding Peter as a character, in particular in connection with powers he's supposed to have, and how his abilities actually work. (We still don't even know how Sylar gets people's abilities. Why every last thing has to be a big secret is beyond me.)
      Last edited by Xanderman; 12-05-2007, 12:47 PM.

Comment

really good...i was excited to see Hiro moving from one place to the other when facing Peter, too bad he was slow with the reaction...and...

you all feel to great dont you? you all want maya dead because you can't stand a spanish talking character? what is your problem? piss me off...

Comment

We all don't like Maya because she is useless. And judging people because we don't like a Spanish character is probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard. The writing for her character was crap. We don't dislike the actor..we dislike the character because the writers could have done better.
          Last edited by Lexgirl33; 12-05-2007, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Overall an awesome episode. Hiro couldn't have found a more entertaining thing to do to Adam. It also leaves an opening for him to return. I'm sad that Nathan died, but I think it was a good twist. Also, the end of Claire and West is really good. Maybe this means the writers will start to undo all the harm they've done to her character. The entire Sylar scene was awesome!! He was definitely at the top of his game there. I was a little concerned that it took him like 5 minutes to pick up the can at the end. Why would it take so long for him to remaster his powers if he is healed? Elle is like the wildcard that could cause anything to happen and I like that suspense. I'm glad they got rid of Nicky, now maybe Maya will die for good and all will be well although I doubt the permanence of Nicky's death. Peter and Hiro using their powers against each other was worth 10/10 all by itself.

On the Maya/race issue: Her Latin descent isn't why people don't like her. If anything, it's the only thing going for her. She's just useless and a burden to everyone else.

Comment

Just watch. Maya will end up being Hiro's girlfriend. Oh yeah, Hiro's got game.

Comment

I love to watch this Episode...i rated to this Episode 8.5/10.

[Mod Edit]
                Last edited by STFanatic; 11-20-2008, 05:40 AM. Reason: Violations of KryptonSite rules #9 & using a signature

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎