Collapse
No announcement yet.

Claire Bear's Master Plan

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea i agree when i heard her plan i was just like wow that is the stupidest thing i've heard if anything people will continue to hunt her even more...poor simple minded claire

Comment

Her plan isn't that bad.

She's screwed if the company decides to take her down, and she knows it. Since she doesn't have the power to take on or take down the company, she's doing the equivalent of loading herself up with explosives and saying "I know I can't beat you, but if you don't back off, I'll blow us ALL to hell."

Comment

Originally posted by Barogrei
        Claire isn't genetically related to HRG, her adopted mother, or her brother, so if you are looking for a genetic basis for the unintelligence you claim to see in Claire, you can't look at them for that. I guess you could say that her mother raised her not to be incredibly bright, though.

environment makes up 90% of neural development

psych 101 ftw!

Comment

What do you mean when you say that environment makes up 90% of neural development? I can understand part of where you're coming from, in that if one was not raised with other human beings and did not ever learn language, it would be difficult to have abstract conceptualizations and the level of functioning that we consider to be "intelligent." However, on the other side of the coin, our genetic code and the brain structure it implies is pivotal to having our degree of intelligence. If our genetic code was altered to one of a cat or deer, we could not have anywhere near the "neural development" that one with the genetic code of a human could. I guess you could mean that between the variances that could occur within a genetic code and still qualify as "human", and the variances in an environment an individual could grow up in, the latter affects people far more significantly. But is this necessarily the case? I don't think that quantifying the percentage that either environment or your genetic makeup influence intelligence is of much efficacy at all.

Comment

^ you know this is just an internet board where we chat about TV shows for fun right?

Comment

Originally posted by Barogrei
              What do you mean when you say that environment makes up 90% of neural development? I can understand part of where you're coming from, in that if one was not raised with other human beings and did not ever learn language, it would be difficult to have abstract conceptualizations and the level of functioning that we consider to be "intelligent." However, on the other side of the coin, our genetic code and the brain structure it implies is pivotal to having our degree of intelligence. If our genetic code was altered to one of a cat or deer, we could not have anywhere near the "neural development" that one with the genetic code of a human could. I guess you could mean that between the variances that could occur within a genetic code and still qualify as "human", and the variances in an environment an individual could grow up in, the latter affects people far more significantly. But is this necessarily the case? I don't think that quantifying the percentage that either environment or your genetic makeup influence intelligence is of much efficacy at all.
              Calm yourself

Comment

Originally posted by dizi
                Although I'm obsessed with HRG, I must say that this is all HRG's fault. Every time the Haitian erased her memory, she became more and more stupid. God knows how many times he did that. He shouldn't have married in the first place, what was he thinking back then?

Who knows what he was thinking!! He wasnt obviously..I mean..he can do better then her!

Comment

Who knows what he was thinking!! He wasnt obviously..I mean..he can do better then her!
                  Poor woman...You know, they don't want unmarried people in the organisations like the Company. Maybe he needed to get married!

I

Comment

Ya maybe he felt sorry for her..took pity on her! I mean that has to be the explanation for it!

Comment

Maybe HRG needed someone who he could easily manipulate and control that’s why he married her. And who knows, maybe he is really fond of dogs - the real ones - well, you know what I mean - no, not in THAT way.

Comment

By the way, does HRG like Mr Muggles? I'm not sure if he even likes his son..Lyle didn't seem sorry at the funeral...

Comment

^ you know this is just an internet board where we chat about TV shows for fun right?
                          Well, I guess. I enjoy critically discussing things with other people. I would think that we are allowed to question the assertions made by others and trying to investigate some issues brought up by different TV shows. I mean, I guess we could confine our discussion to unsupported expletives such as "West is such a jerk!" or "Clark is such a BDA!", but I'd actually like to look into stuff from the show and think about the implications. This is not to say that you shouldn't ever just express your instinctual opinions, it's kinda interesting to hear different people's gut reactions, but I like to talk about stuff in addition to that. I hope I didn't come off as angry or anything, I just like to actually think about what people say.

Comment

I'm guessing Lyle had one too many brain wipes. He's been emotionally flat all season.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎