No announcement yet.

So Peter,Adam and Claire can die

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xanderman
    I'm not contradicting myself, you're just being overly picky at my wording, instead of focusing on my meaning. For what you're talking about now, they were all conscious at the time, not asleep. Barogrei's idea was that Peter could somehow maintain phasing in his sleep, or keep time frozen -- which is what I was specifically responding to at the time. That's quite different from people accidentally stumbling onto or losing control of abilities while they're awake.
    your meaning being that you believe the characters on the show require conscious effort to use there powers

alot of the powers on the show require conscious focused effort to use them but for those that dont we have the prophetic dreams peter was clearly shown not to know what was happening to him, he even asked charles how they were able to chat and charles simply said along the lines of "does it matter"

and the sleeping-nightmares

didnt matt trap his dad in his own nightmare matt who was asleep next to molly yet he trapped a man who had years of experience over his son in using the powers they both shared? heck maury didnt even know how he managed to find himself in the nightmare with matt and molly, and even when we see maury on the hospital floor he was asleep trapped in his own mind by his own power and fear

and last the personality-swap

nikki herself wasnt aware of what was happening to her it was jess/pheonix that was controlling nikkis body so again nikki was unconscious

Comment

You're taking what I said out of context. I was specifically referring to certain abilities, clearly in reference to Barogrei's post. Powers that are supposed to manifest in dreams/the mind/etc are different. Certain powers or actions, such as phasing/freezing time, clearly require conscious effort to activate/sustain -- again in specific response to Barogrei's post. You're talking about something different, focusing needlessly on a single comment made that you completely missed the intended meaning of apparently.
      Last edited by Xanderman; 12-02-2007, 04:29 PM.

Comment

ok i misinterpetted your post the thing though about peters chat with charles wasnt a prophetic-dream from what you said as prophecy means fortelling the future without physcially being there

and both of which peter didnt do with charles, charles not only seen peter but spoke to him, and if peter went into the past its not the future so these cancel out the idea of a prophecy

Comment

Peter had dreams about the future before, complete with imagery and symbolism (of him blowing up and all). But you're talking about something different it seems (you sure jump around a lot from one idea to the next man, lol). I can't remember a lot about that Peter/Charles stuff, what episode did it happen again?

Comment

It was in Season 1 "How to stop an exploding man".

Comment

Thanks Steve. I just re-watched the scene.

Peter: Is this a dream? Am I time travelling? Are you doing this?

Charles: Doesn't really matter what it is, does it?

Well clearly it matters to us. Man, Charles gave Peter a total Matrix speech in this scene... (Charles=Oracle, Peter=Neo, heh) This scene doesn't cancel out the idea of Peter having a prophecy power though (not sure why you thought it would Ian), as he demonstrated that with his bomb/exploding dreams. This was clearly intended to be something different.

Comment

After looking it up, I watched the whole episode, now I am rewatching all of season 2 again.

I love my Computer TV card

Comment

So how did Peter stay dead from the glass in his brain from his second fight with Sylar in season 1?

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy2
                    So how did Peter stay dead from the glass in his brain from his second fight with Sylar in season 1?
                    The shard in his head killed him, but the damaged area couldn't heal while the shard was in the way. Blood still in Peter (regenerative blood) kept him "preserved" if you will (his eyes showed him to be in a unique state, similar to what they did with Claire previously), until the shard was removed so that the area could then be repaired and life then restored.

This also proved that Peter produces regen blood constantly, just like the original power holder (Claire), unlike what I previously believed. (So Pycer, if you're reading this, you were right buddy, lol. Claire's presence wasn't necessary to trigger healing. My apologies. ). They've made Peter way too powerful, I would have preferred they kept him more limited, like having to activate powers in some way or something additional to what the original power-holder has to do, but apparently that's not the case, or no longer the case. He has developed/grown more powerful with time apparently, as Matt has.
                    Last edited by Xanderman; 12-06-2007, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Lol, your funny Xander...

And to clarify, I do think some sort of limitation should have been on placed on him. Maybe something akin to Mimic from the comics who can only hold a certain number of powers at any given time. he wants to copy a new one, one of the old ones goes away.

Comment

Can Mimic choose which power he wants 2 go away when he acquires a new one?

Comment

Originally posted by pycer
                          And to clarify, I do think some sort of limitation should have been on placed on him. Maybe something akin to Mimic from the comics who can only hold a certain number of powers at any given time. he wants to copy a new one, one of the old ones goes away.
                          This reminds me of that time on Married With Children when Kelly filled her brain to its capacity and so anything more she learned replaced something else stored in her brain (like the knowledge of how to open a door).

Personally I liked what they did early on, where Peter could only mimic the power(s) of heroes nearby. It would have been awesome if they stuck with that, but instead they decided to go the Neo (Matrix) route with him making him an unstoppable badass. heh

Comment

You know i'm just wondering but if peter can survive blowing up, then how is severing his head or blowing his head off with a shotgun something that you can't come back from?

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎