No announcement yet.

Do you like Lois up to this point?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoisJoanneKent
    The way I see it, is that Clark is in a relationship that is going nowhere, and Lois can't get a break. It's foreshadowing that the only relationship that will work for both of them is the one they are destined to have with each other. And as for Lois not being smart and cuning, wasn't it Lex himself that wanted Grant/Julian with anyone BUT Lois Lane, because she always got to the bottom of things? It's also foreshadowing the Lois/Lex rivalry. In the comics, it's Lois who exposes Lex for what he really is. During his time in jail is when he starts falling for her...the only woman who could take him down.
    It's amazing how much they foreshadow their relationship throughout the series once Lois appears as a cast member. Last night I rewatched the season 4 finale and Lois comes downstairs to find everyone up after Clark's "premonition". She tells him she had a horrible dream about a man in a red cape. Clark says sarcastically "yes, that sounds horrible, Lois." LOL I had to laugh at that one.

Comment

I've always thought Lois was an awesome character. LIke everyone said, I love the fact that she doesn't indulge Clark's pity parties like all the other characters do, while at the same time we all know that she genuinely does care about him. Maybe not as a love interest (yet), but as one of her best friends.

Although I have to say, this whole dating GG plot doesn't make her look good. And based on what we've seen of her personality, I really don't buy that Lois Lane would date her boss.

I bet you the GG plot was only added in because TPTB probably thought it would be "mature" and "cool" for a character to be dating their boss, just like when they tried the same thing in season 4 with Lana dating Jason, who was a faculty member at the time.

But I have confidence that once this horrible, horrible Grant Gabriel/"Julian" character goes away, Lois will go back to her usual, awesome self.

(Although btw, I do not believe for a second that "Julian" is the original Julian Luthor, he's probably a clone)

Comment

I think Lois should get together with Lex Luthor. She has that chemistry with him. They should do more scenes together.

Whenever I see Lex with Lana it's sort of sickening. Same goes for Lois and Clark YUK!

Chloe and lana and Clark have that chemistry together. I even wished Pete Ross was still around he also added that chemistry.

I also like the Lionel and Lana scenes.

Comment

I think Lois is a pretty cool character ... but she comes across as a little bit of a slut.
          1) Green Arrow
          2) Aquaman
          3) That Assassin Dude
          4) Gabriel Grant
          5) Remember when Keenan Wes was all weird and Lois was all, "You were my first kiss" ....

I mean could the list could be any longer? She's with a new guy every year.

But other than that she's pretty awesome. I love her sarcasm.
          Last edited by KryptoniteJem; 12-06-2007, 01:20 PM.

Comment

No I dont like her she looks to old an shes a "whore"

Comment

she's had ONE serious relationship, Oliver, and that's in three years.
              AC, Graham (assasin guy), and Grant......are NOT serious.
              she's an attractive lady.
              REGARDLESS, of how "some" simple minded folks, may think. sad double standard, to call a female a "whore", just because men may find her attractive.
              will NOT even bother listing, ALL of Lana's love interests (in my opinion a needy girl)......plus, she went and married the enemy of the guy she loves, (know Lionel forced the marriage, BUT she said YES to the proposal, and ran to Lex willingly after her break-up with CK.)
              Lois, is one of the only reasons, I keep watching.
              Michael Rosenbaum being the other.....can somebody please tell me, if he has ever been nominated for an an Emmy ? That man rocks !!!

Comment

^ he does rock. he is the best actor on the show. Lex is the best character on this show hands down everyone else is getting on my nerves. especially Clark. I have to say though this is the worst portrayal of Lois I have seen so far in any kind of media outside of the comics though. The character is just handed her press pass and is all the sudden considered a threat to Lex Luthor , when in actuality Chloe is the threat. but they want to throw her into the meteor freak pot. and dont get me started on Clark!

Comment

I think Lois is a saint compared to Lana :P haha, really at least she can stand on her own without needing anyone to save her...though Clark always does but I really like her even when the whole Grant storyline is not my favorite one.

Comment

i dont think the grant storyline is the problem with Lois, its the fact that they light switched the character. last year , all teh sudden, just because she saw a barn door fall from the sky, she wanted to be a journalist and is all the sudden given a job at the inquisitor. even if that job isnt a credible newspaper source they shouldnt have given her a job like they did and then she gets a job at the Daily Planet shecause she saw a space craft, turns in the story without proof and is considered a threat to lex? no way. its terrible writing and terrible for Lois Lane overall.

Comment

Well, Chloe and her non-provable meteor freak stories shouldn't have gotten her a job at the Daily Planet, but it did. Just because she had the experience doesn't mean she had the credibility a la Mike Barnacle.

Comment

oh i never said Chloe deserved the job. i hated the fact that she got the job when she did off of a no good vampire story that. it was the lamest thing that had ever happened to the character outside of the sudden inclusion of her mother and her meteor powers that still dont lack an explanation.

but chloes character has never been a light switch like they have done to lois

Comment

Originally posted by jazel
                          she's had ONE serious relationship, Oliver, and that's in three years.
                          AC, Graham (assasin guy), and Grant......are NOT serious.
                          she's an attractive lady.
                          REGARDLESS, of how "some" simple minded folks, may think. sad double standard, to call a female a "whore", just because men may find her attractive.
                          Even though they weren't serious, she still did fool around with AC, Grant, and some other people. It's not whorey, but she does act like a slut the way she can just bounce off from one guy to another. Just because she's attractive isn't a good enough reason to just randomly make out with every guy that comes into Smallville. "Simple minds" would be the people who try to justify the good in making out with every guy that comes along. We're not calling her a whore just cause people find her attractive. We call her a whore cause she runs through guys quicker than Clark does his chores. The people who know better would say her actions are a bit slutty.

will NOT even bother listing, ALL of Lana's love interests (in my opinion a needy girl)......plus, she went and married the enemy of the guy she loves, (know Lionel forced the marriage, BUT she said YES to the proposal, and ran to Lex willingly after her break-up with CK.)
                          Lana had about as much boyfriends as Chloe did. At least her's and Chloe's boyfriends were more stable and lasted a bit longer than all of Lois'.
                          And I can't believe I'm defending Lana, but she didn't want to marry Lex. If you actually watched the show, she was on a rebound and when she tried to get out of the wedding she was blackmailed. I think there are tons of girls in the world who dated their ex's enemies just to piss them off.

Michael Rosenbaum being the other.....can somebody please tell me, if he has ever been nominated for an an Emmy ? That man rocks !!!
                          He's pretty awesome!!! I heard he didn't want to do season 8 so now they're negotiating with him .... cause he's one of the best actors on the show!!
                          Last edited by KryptoniteJem; 12-08-2007, 01:40 PM.

Comment

^ yeah and it makes us guys look at the girl like shes gross and seriously Clark didnt deserve that. i mean seriously he didnt. Lana deserved to suffer imo and simply the fact that clark took her back after that was even more stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by KryptoniteJem
                              I think Lois is a pretty cool character ... but she comes across as a little bit of a slut.
                              1) Green Arrow

Who she dated for months and didn't sleep with, (All interuptus no clotuis, anyone?)
                              2) Aquaman
                              Who she went on a date with and kissed twice, for shame!
                              3) That Assassin Dude
                              When to a party with, didn't sleep with.
                              4) Gabriel Grant
                              Has kissed, still no confirmed sex. (When I say confirmed I mean more then Chloe's accusations and a throw away line about sharing a toothbrush I mean Lois and Grant seen getting in "bed" or out of bed together or Lois saying "I slept with Grant.")
                              5) Remember when Keenan Wes was all weird and Lois was all, "You were my first kiss" ....
                              Wow! Her crush when she was thirteen showed up and she did what with him? That's right: nothing! What a whore!

I mean could the list could be any longer? She's with a new guy every year.
                              Thats a list of 4 guys she didn't sleep with and one she might have. Yeah it could get a lot longer, I knew a girl who was in a serious relationship with 5 guys in a year. Lois has been on this show for 3 and a half years and you can point to 5 possible romantic encounters. Yeah that's the stuff of sluts...

But other than that she's pretty awesome. I love her sarcasm.
                              Lois has a sharp tongue. I love that about her too.

Comment

Originally posted by borednow
                                Thats a list of 4 guys she didn't sleep with and one she might have. Yeah it could get a lot longer, I knew a girl who was in a serious relationship with 5 guys in a year. Lois has been on this show for 3 and a half years and you can point to 5 possible romantic encounters. Yeah that's the stuff of sluts...
                                For one, this show is PG-13 so even if Lois did sleep with anyone, the show wouldn't really show it. But Lois being with that many hot guys ... many people would assume she slept with them. Plus, remember when Clark was all "Come on, didn't the guys at the base teach you anything?" And she just grinned and was all, "Wouldn't you like to know." She's had way more romantic encounters than what we see. she's even hinted it on one show ... can't remember that one though, I'll have to look for it.

Plus, I think going through even just 4 guys in like 3 years is pretty slutty .... and it's not just the fact all she does is make out with them .... it's just that EVERY GUY who practically waltzed into Smallville has gotten the advantage of making out with Lois .... if you don't call making out with every guy you see slutty .... then I guess it's just your opinion. And making out with a guy when you're 13 .... a little young anyone?
                                She just throws herself at every hot guy who comes into smallville .... a little slutty.
                                Last edited by KryptoniteJem; 12-11-2007, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎