Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt and Maury's abilities exactly the same?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt and Maury's abilities exactly the same?

Are Matt and Maury's abilities exactly alike? Granted they are very similar, but is it possible that their abilities vary slightly? I am saying this because of the ability Matt used last night on "Cautionary Tales". If Maury could put pursasive thoughts into peoples heads, then why would he gone about using nightmares to influence and have people do what they did in "Out of Time" (i.e. The elaborate scene where he used DL to have Nikki do his bidding)? If he could put thoughts into peoples heads, then he wouldn't have to use nightmares to "trick" them into doing what he wanted. Just an observation I made.

Greg

Nightmares were the final stage of growth of the ability. Instead of just suggestion, it turns into a fantasy.

Comment

I just figured that it would have been easier for him to use persusive thought than to use nightmares. Nightmares seemed like a more indirect route to getting his deeds done, at least in "Out of Time". I figured that he would have used the most efficent means to get his job done?

Comment

Maybe he started to get bored with just telling them what to do?

Comment

What's worse when your worst nightmare becomes reality? Nothing that's what. It's the true art of mind-raping...........

Comment

If he uses persuasive thoughts, he has to constantly be present with the people he's using his powers on. But when he uses nightmares, he can leave the place, while the people he used his powers on are still imagining things.

Comment

i dont think there powers are different as maury seemed to use his powers on every1 in a different manner

when we 1st see the nightmare power being used we see that nathan and matt trapped within there own minds and the surroundings were different from the reality which they were actually in

then we see maury once again use his powers on nikki but this time the nightmare power is less extreme as nikki was able to see the reality her real-self was in but still have a nightmare about DL

so it seems matt and maurys powers have different levels of use as they were able to trap people within there own and other peoples nightmares (maury trapped molly in his own nightmare location, matt trapped maury within maurys own nightmares)

there able to use mind-controlling persuasivness

and last hypnosis

combine all 3: nightmares, persuasion and hypnosis and thats basically what happened to nikki

she seen her nightmare, was told to go after bob by DL/maury and was still able to interact with her real surroundings (unlike matt and nathan as i explained above)

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎