No announcement yet.

Adam too powerful?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam too powerful?

In the interview room when Matt was getting the info from Ma Petrelli, she said that because of Adam's power, his cells continually regenerate and he doesn't get old. That he was 400 years old. OK, so he's kind of hard to kill. What is it specifically that made him so powerful they feared him and locked him up in the cell? He said they locked him up because he wanted to go public with their abilities, but how does not aging make someone "too powerful"?
    Last edited by one of the 12; 11-20-2007, 06:38 AM.

They probably wanted his immortality for themselves and were experimenting on him to see if they could make it work, those bastards !!

Or maybe he was the one that started the disco movement in the 70's.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. He can live for a long time but he is can still be affected by all the things any human can. Couldn't Matt affect his mind? If you shove something through his brain, he will die. Like Claire and Peter.

Comment

But how affective would it be? He can overcome a lot of damage.

Comment

well i think the main fear with him is that yes, matt can get into his mind, but if that were true, why couldnt his more advanced father do it?

i think if u live 400 years, u experience everything. he has 400 years of experience, for all we know he could have went and found some buddhist monks and became a master at mind concentration and so is immune to all mind powers, or something

and hes immortal basically, yah u can shoot lightning at him, etc etc, but he'll keep coming, and after 400 years of doing it, im sure he can do it pretty quickly and eventually get you

remember in the jail cell he said "believe me, if they could kill me, they would have" which makes u think yes they would have killed him if they could. so that also rules out haitian working on him

Comment

If they wanted to kill Adam they could have done it already. The elders probably knew, as someone else has already stated, that powers originate from the brain just like papa Suresh found out.

Sylar took Claire's ability in that future ep so that must be the way to take Adam out...just mess up the part in the brain that is the ability.

They probably needed Adam to draw blood and experiment on it for some reason.

Comment

Well, [SPOILER]Angela Petrelli said to someone (can't remember who) she knew the secret to killing Peter if someone needed to do it.[/SPOILER] So I'm guessing the theory holds true for both Claire and Adam.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptonian-Ronin

Or maybe he was the one that started the disco movement in the 70's.

THE BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

So he's the disco stu?!?!?! From the simpson!!

Comment

I lived and loved through the Disco era
                    I would shake his hand, that was a fun time to be in.

Comment

Claire cuts of her toe, it grows back at once. Now Imagine 400years of practice...... And Claire probably hasn't managed to completely explore all her powers. Which Adam of course have

F.ex: Adam knew at once what to do with Nathan. Such thoughts doesn't even appear in Claire's mind.

Would be awesome if he could split himself in half and suddenly you're fighting two Adams.

Comment

I don't think Adam is powerful lin himself. Did you see the prison cell they kept him in?
                        Not exactly 'The Rock' maximium security.

Adam either wants to destroy the world as a whole coz he's bored with life and can't die, or he wants to remake it in an image of his own design, which the company do not agree with.
                        But he may have convinced powerful individuals to side with him, acolytes such as Lindermann, Maury Parkman, and others.

If Adam did not create the company (remember the insignia - 1st seen during Japanese history) then he wouldn't have difficulty finding safe houses (like Montreal) as the sign is there. And as Arthur Petrelli's law firm logo.

Follow the signs people.

Maybe this plan has been in the making for the past hundred years or so.

We shall see.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎