No announcement yet.

So is Claire immortal??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flying_girl
    what i meant was he told claire she knew where to shoot him in the house. she aimed the gun at him twice by kirby plaza and she was aiming it at his head. so everyone else knew its possible to kill them by shooting their head. plus now that i watched the link i realized that peter also told hiro there was a way to kill him so now everybody knows it's possible to kill peter, claire, adam. they may not know for sure how but in the case of claire and adam they can always try different things until they come up with the right answer.
    this is what im saying when the implement which causes the injury/death to claire, peter or adam is removed there brains heal and they become alive again (we have seen it several times, even the healing blood! revived HRG after he was shot in the eye), so the only real way to kill all 3 is to remove the brain which sylar did in the future (which was changed)

and adam said to peter when they were locked up that if they could kill adam they would have

so that means that the company tried everything they could think of

Comment

Doesn't matter what happened in the future in 5 years gone by...

Sylar tried to cut Peter's head and peter healed faster than he could chop it off... So i think that Sylar can't kill claire... And more to the point.. if he kills here by sticking something inside his head she is dead and he can't learn her power... so it would be actually pretty difficult for him...

Anyways... there is a plot hole here.

Comment

ok, now stay with me here...

adam - he can heal like Clare so damage the brain and he's glassy eyed dead. but it's not that simple is it?

i mean it cant all be in the brain. adams blood was in a needle iirc before given to nathan. not connected to a brain or a living system at the time. it survived that process. even though it didnt seem to be done there so must have been done before entering nathans room. even longer in a cold syringe.

so if adams brain was removed, his blood would flow into the wound. his blood heals. so shouldnt his blood cause the regeneration of his brain? it seems to me that in adams case the healing ability is twofold and only 1 of those is tied to the brain.

maybe that's why in theory the haitian couldnt dampen his powers completely. with him around, his brain couldnt activate his main power of healing, but his blood might still heal - allowing him to survive whatever attempts were made on his life - until the blood in his system runs out that is.

as for memories, in heroesverse they must be in some way genetic - otherwise with the damage peter/clare/HRG have had to their brains (glass, wood, bullet and haitian) then the cells would be healed but any damage to the memory parts of the brain would just be gone right? but like adam said, his ability will 'heal' peter of that.

finally, i figure that clare v adam is 1 of 2 things.

1 - they are different abilities under the surface - allowing adam to survive Sylar but not clare. or:

2 - they are the same, but will take Clare longer than 5 years to gain the regenerative abilities that Adam has - allowing Sylar to kill or not be able to kill either one - depending on how old they are at the time. young = easy kill. old = no way will sylar be able to kill them. but he would be able to take their ability.

wow, did i really just write all that??

Comment

Originally posted by the highlander
          Doesn't matter what happened in the future in 5 years gone by...

Sylar tried to cut Peter's head and peter healed faster than he could chop it off... So i think that Sylar can't kill claire... And more to the point.. if he kills here by sticking something inside his head she is dead and he can't learn her power... so it would be actually pretty difficult for him...

Anyways... there is a plot hole here.
          It was implied in Five Years Gone that Sylar killed Claire. And yes it does matter what happened in that episode.

Originally posted by tomos
          so if adams brain was removed, his blood would flow into the wound. his blood heals. so shouldnt his blood cause the regeneration of his brain? it seems to me that in adams case the healing ability is twofold and only 1 of those is tied to the brain.

as for memories, in heroesverse they must be in some way genetic - otherwise with the damage peter/clare/HRG have had to their brains (glass, wood, bullet and haitian) then the cells would be healed but any damage to the memory parts of the brain would just be gone right? but like adam said, his ability will 'heal' peter of that.
          Yeah the blood being able to heal others changes things, as their bodies apparently produce blood with regenerative properties constantly, which is what enables them to stay young no doubt. And yes it implies that the brain could be regenerated as long as there's enough blood still in their system. However, I don't think memories/knowledge can be replaced if those parts of the brain are completely destroyed. A mindless zombie would result if a completely new brain is regrown. I think the memories area of the brain must still be at least partially intact for all memories to be restored. In the case of what the Haitian does, it might be that memories aren't actually destroyed, they're just no longer accessible in some way. It's sort of like brain damage to the memory area of the brain, damage which can be reversed by regeneration. But if the brain is completely gone/destroyed, I don't see how memories can come back, the brain that regrows will be basically empty, a zombie brain. lol (I doubt memories are genetic in the Heroesverse. They seem to be trying to remain scientific about most things, when they can.)

maybe that's why in theory the haitian couldnt dampen his powers completely. with him around, his brain couldnt activate his main power of healing, but his blood might still heal - allowing him to survive whatever attempts were made on his life - until the blood in his system runs out that is.
          That's definitely likely.

2 - they are the same, but will take Clare longer than 5 years to gain the regenerative abilities that Adam has - allowing Sylar to kill or not be able to kill either one - depending on how old they are at the time. young = easy kill. old = no way will sylar be able to kill them. but he would be able to take their ability.
          I think this is more likely. Adam's ability is probably just more advanced, similar to how Matt grows more powerful with time.
          Last edited by Xanderman; 11-21-2007, 11:11 PM.

Comment

I think that as long as something is in the way of the damage being repaired (glass shard, wood) it won't heal.

So if they lodge something in Claire's or Adam's brain and no-one takes it out they couldn't heal.

Comment

Yeah a lodged object both blocks the brain from working properly and prevents the area from healing. Until it's removed however they seem to be in a "preserved" state thanks to their regen ability -- not alive, yet not quite dead either -- as shown by their eyes.

Comment

The only time we've seen someone die is when the connection to the brain is severed, stopping the brain from producing the blood that heals them. However, that blood is still present in the body, constantly trying to heal the connection, and so once the blockage is gone, they revive.

The blood will heal the brain as well, as we've seen from Noah.

Adam revealed to Peter that the power even covers Memory (something we all speculated here way back when we thought the hatian was going to *hatian chunk* Claire.)

The one time we've seen someone die is when FSylar killed FClaire. How did he do this- he completely removed the brain from Fclaire's body.

Yes, this didn't work with Peter, but that was Sylar's first time trying to kill someone like that. He didn't know to put a constant TK field in the space to keep it from healing.

However, we know that htis is all irrelevant, because if the show lasts any time at all, eventuall HP and DA are going to age, so Claire and Adam will die/lose their power/ leave the show.

Comment

Then again, Chlaire hasn't reached the age/advancement of her powers yet, so she can still age for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Doctor
                    Adam revealed to Peter that the power even covers Memory (something we all speculated here way back when we thought the hatian was going to *hatian chunk* Claire.)

The one time we've seen someone die is when FSylar killed FClaire. How did he do this- he completely removed the brain from Fclaire's body.
                    Yes if the brain is completely destroyed/removed, the person is screwed. Because even if a new brain were to somehow regenerate, the memories/knowledge stored up in the original brain wouldn't be included in the genetic replacement, and so a mindless vegetable would basically result. This can be extended to complete removal/destruction of the memory/knowledge areas of the brain as well, it doesn't have to be the entire brain, just the crucial parts.

However, we know that htis is all irrelevant, because if the show lasts any time at all, eventuall HP and DA are going to age, so Claire and Adam will die/lose their power/ leave the show.
                    Not necessarily. I mean Angel was on 5 seasons, and DB got older (and fatter) year by year...and he's supposed to be a vampire for christ's sake.
                    Last edited by Xanderman; 11-24-2007, 06:40 PM.

Comment

And I suppose (as we've scene with X3) cgi has gotten better at taking a few years off of people.

Claire can age with Hayden for a few more years, but Adam is supposed to already have reached immortal mode.

Comment

but Adam is supposed to already have reached immortal mode.
                        He can say he's "just tired" or something all the time when people bring it up...

PETER: Adam...you're looking....OLD....I thought you didn't age?

ADAM: I'm just tired is all, Peter. Just so damned tired. Of hearing people tell me that.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎