No announcement yet.

So does HRG have powers now?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mello Penelo
    It was part of the blood Bob took from Claire.
    So why would Bob save Noah?

Comment

When Bob took Claire's blood, he said Noah was chosen because he was "loyal to the end." And then he said, "He has been."

Comment

meh. I still think it's adam's blood, chicaboom. (I'm thinking up a new nickname for you. bear with me.)

Comment

Well it won't be that one.

Comment

A person as resourceful and BAMF as Noah, is valuable even when he doesn't wan't to co-operate, and of course he could still lead the company to Clair, if they put enough mains electrisity through his Gonads...

Comment

Getting a blood transfusion doesn't change someone's genetic structure, so HRG's DNA probably would not be permanently rewritten to give his own body the capability to constantly manufacture the biomechanisms in Claire's blood that create her powers. His regenerating would more likely be temporary.

But then again, anything's possible in comics.

Comment

Are you in the medical field? So tell me, how would you get rid of hiv infected blood out of someone's system? Or hepititus infected blood? You treat them with therapies to inhibit the infection. Most likely, whoever did this to HRG did it only with the intention of healing him. That being said, we have no way of knowing the lasting effects of adam's blood in nathan, or hrg.

Comment

I doubt the blood acts as a mutagen on other people, giving them powers or anything like that. It's basically a cure-all medicine, that's it. Just temporary.

Comment

Erm it was clairs blood that healed NOAH....thought that was obvious he doesnt have any powers.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzylg
                      Are you in the medical field? So tell me, how would you get rid of hiv infected blood out of someone's system? Or hepititus infected blood? You treat them with therapies to inhibit the infection. Most likely, whoever did this to HRG did it only with the intention of healing him. That being said, we have no way of knowing the lasting effects of adam's blood in nathan, or hrg.
                      er. HIV and AIDs don't rewrite DNA. And I think Adam might have been able to figure a thing or two out after living a few hundred years. Call me silly, but that's my suspicion. Besides. For ill or good, bob wanted claires blood to develop either a cure for the virus, or to mutate it, and we saw a full bag on the IV meaning that if it WAS claire's blood, it was the only sample they had.

However, Adam has already shown that for the right reasons, he'll give up blood, so it's plausible that adam and peter have noah because they need his help. You have to remember, that peter is getting more coherent and remembering more, which means he can teleport, time travel and blow giant holes in people.
                      Last edited by constantine; 11-21-2007, 07:50 AM.

Comment

It was made clear through Petrellis mom that they had used Adams blood to cure people in the past. So does this mean that there are a bunch of immortals now running around becuase of this. No. It just means that his blood can cure you. His DNA was not changed. It like a flu vaccine, you are safe for that year, but the affects wear off, and you need another shot. Im not saying that eventually HRG's eye revert back or Nathan's skin will start to revert back to burned skin, but if they get hurt again, they will need another shot of blood to cure them. Just like you need another flu shot each year.

Comment

I highly doubt he will have powers..or Nathan. I'm just glad that he is alive..he added a bit of interest in the Claire story considering Claire herself really didn't.

HRG won't be the same if he develops powers..he is just as good a character without them.

Comment

I don't think HRG has powers now but maybe as a side effect when he looks in the mirror he'll see a missing eye or messed up side of the face just as Nathan sees a burned face when looking in the mirror. Like some weird version of a phantom limb feeling. Or was Nathan's burned image just due to Maury?

Comment

Originally posted by 4Clana
                              I don't think HRG has powers now but maybe as a side effect when he looks in the mirror he'll see a missing eye or messed up side of the face just as Nathan sees a burned face when looking in the mirror. Like some weird version of a phantom limb feeling. Or was Nathan's burned image just due to Maury?
                              Lol that would be funny, but I don't think they'll do that. Part of the reason they did that with Nathan I think was to build suspense/mystery, providing us clues/hints as to what happened 4 months previously, so viewers could have fun speculating etc. Doing this with HRG wouldn't really serve any purpose, not that I can see.

Comment

I know his dna isn't rewritten, if you look at 'real world' practicle medical science.Then again, anything is possible on the show. So you never know. Seeing that 'evolution', according to the writers, can give someone the genetic ability to control space/time, making it a physical impossibilty, in the 'real' world. It's not nearly as implausable or inexplicable to associate injected blood with abilities given the show's diverse display of abilities, that contradict conventional reality.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎