No announcement yet.

So does HRG have powers now?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superpal1
    nathan does not have regenerative powers. Adams blood only cured him, he does not retain the abilities.So H R G does not have powers either.
    Exactly. I don't know where the theory that healing blood automatically grants you powers came from.

I think Bob saved Noah probably hoping that Noah would co-operate and give them Claire willingly. My theory is that Bob had seen the painting where HRG gets shot and hence he knew that if he somehow changed his fate, Noah might see things in a different light and probably join their cause. After all Noah would be a useful addition to the team.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzylg
      Are you in the medical field? So tell me, how would you get rid of hiv infected blood out of someone's system? Or hepititus infected blood? You treat them with therapies to inhibit the infection. Most likely, whoever did this to HRG did it only with the intention of healing him. That being said, we have no way of knowing the lasting effects of adam's blood in nathan, or hrg.
      Except that HIV and Hepititus are viruses that reproduce and infect other cells. The healing blood does not do that.

Comment

And a man can absorb powers just by standing next to him..er, anything is possible on this show. throw out conventional wisdom, the rules of physics, medicine,etc. you name it. The only rules on this show, are, they're aren't any rules. Here's one, how can 'the cure', which is an injection, remove the gene that gives powers, and effectively rewrites their dna be possible? So everyone that keeps on harping about it's not possible for noah to have powers, apparently haven't paid attention to everything else. I'll say it one more time: Anything is possible on this show!

Comment

Originally posted by jazzylg
          I'll say it one more time: Anything is possible on this show!
          Except what Kring says won't happen! And HRG having abilities isn't one of them. He's gone on record saying "certain people will never have abilities." One is HRG. Another is Mohinder.

Comment

Originally posted by Mello Penelo
            Except what Kring says won't happen! And HRG having abilities isn't one of them. He's gone on record saying "certain people will never have abilities." One is HRG. Another is Mohinder.
            I thought Mohinder's power was supposed to be never sleeping, or "sleepless aptitude"...lol j/k. Sythan in Five Years Gone from last season.... "You haven't slept in five years, Mohinder."

Mohinder has special blood though, right? Why is that again? Can't remember.

Comment

What about Mo's "Punching bag" ability?

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman

Mohinder has special blood though, right? Why is that again? Can't remember.
                In real life, parents of a child with particular diseases can conceive another child and during pregnancy introduce small amounts of the virus to the growing child, allowing the child to become immune to it and generate natural antibodies to combat it. Thats what they did with Mo.

Comment

Thanks pycer.

Originally posted by STFanatic
                  What about Mo's "Punching bag" ability?
                  That's another one, Mo's got a few afterall...heh

And HRG's power is being an acronym. lol

Guess Kring was wrong....

Comment

I guess Kring's power is the ability to never change his mind!

Comment

Kring's explanations/ideas haven't always been good ones so personally I hate it when people quote them in their arguments (instead of simply going by what the show does or shows us). The worst one I've ever heard was Peter and Sylar both using what sounded a heck of a lot like Eden's persuasion voice being actually only for "dramatic purposes". That's the stupidest thing in the world given the nature of this show, the existence of Eden and what a similarly altered voice meant for her, and the fact that both Sylar and Peter are the only two characters capable of having Eden's power and using that voice to begin with. If it were a character other than Sylar/Peter, the "dramatic purposes" pill would be far easier to swallow, but not with them. Horrible explanation, if that really did come from Kring himself.

Comment

Yea, I thought the 'dramatic purposes' explanation fell into the ridiculous copout catergory. We know Peter was in proximity of eden, and sylar never got to 'eat' her brain, seeing that she blew it out. I guess we'll never get to she her ability used again, unless it's by the new parkman.

Comment

Peter should have the ability (as you said he was around Eden) so he should have stumbled on to it by now, as he has other abilities. It's a plot hole if he doesn't. It seemed he did use it last season, but then Kring said it was just dramatic effect for some inexplicably stupid reason.

And just because Eden shot herself doesn't mean Sylar wasn't still able to get the ability. My theory is the important area in Eden's brain was undamaged, and Sylar got the power. And then there seemed to be proof of that when he used the voice. But then, again, Kring said it was just dramatic effect because he's clueless apparently, he must be to say something so transparently weak.

But yeah, Matt's power progression makes him Eden and so much more. It would be interesting to see Eden face off against Matt if she were still alive...who would win? Who would persuade who? lol
                          Last edited by Xanderman; 11-28-2007, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎