Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supergirl - Kara or Not Kara?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it when she says the name Kal-El.
    I think she does a good job.
    - - -- - - - -
    I have a question.
    What is the significance of the silver braclet that she wears?
    Why does she have to wear it?

Comment

My wife loves supergirl, and she tells me that in the current supergirl comics, the ones this kara is based loosely on, she had cuffs as part of her kryptonian clothing.

I think that they are saying on smallville that it goes back to her kryptonian clothing, because it has the el family crest on it.

Also, in the comics, she was trained by Wonder Woman, so it could be that they either took the idea from the kryptonian clothing, or are doing a nod to her relationship with wonder woman, or both.

Not saying that smallville's kara was trained by wonder woman, just that it's a reference to the comics.

Comment

^
        Say, that's cool.

Comment

SHE'LL PROLLY GET IT BACK BUT HE NEEDS TO SERIOUS LEARN 2 FLY CUZ ITS LIL ANNOYING

Comment

Originally posted by Alvarosou
            Of course she will retreive her memories. Have you seen any Smallville character memoryless forever? All of them already lost their memories and in the end they have it back.
            Lex never got back those seven weeks.

Comment

That's true. The other day, my wife and I were discussing the idea that Lex may not have gone down the dark path quite as much if he had recovered those memories.

I'm sure Kara will discover hers though. Here's what I think could happen....

Kara will not discover her memories for a while. However, she will discover her powers. Maybe she'll adopt the name Linda Danvers as a nod to that Supergirl in the comics. She then takes on the role of Supergirl, still not knowing who she is. Then Clark finds her, and helps her retrieve her memories, and bam, she's Kara again. IMO this would be a good way to give props to other versions of Supergirl without getting into the whole Matrix/Linda Danvers/alternate reality/time line/earth crap that dc put us through.

Comment

she's great, hope she gets her memory back, then maybe clark and kara can fly already.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎