Chatterbox Christian moviefan2k4's Avatar

Meeting Laura Vandervoort...

Well, another Wizard show has come and gone for me. I attended the Texas '06 show last year, and this time around I was truly psyched...but first, a little background.

Last year, the folks at Wizard Entertainment had Erica Durance listed as a guest for their show. I'd wanted to start my "Smallville" autograph collection for a few years, so naturally this event was pretty close to "priority one" status. Sadly, two days before the convention, Erica cancelled, the reason being she had to return to Vancouver for reshoots. Frankly, I was pretty mad, and I remember saying to myself, "If they wound up doing this, then they better get someone truly impressive (from the show) next year, to make up for it."

Apparently, faith works better than I imagined, because Laura was listed on this year's list. I showed up at Wizard at 10:00 AM, only to find out she wouldn't be there until 3:30. So, I trolled around the various tables and dealers for a while, and then spent a lot of time waiting.

About 2:00, fans started forming a line down the hall. By 2:30, there was about 75 people (myself among them). In the next fifteen minutes, another hundred or show joined in, and by 3:00, the hallway was packed with what looked like 300 fans or more!

Then, about five past the hour, folks started muttering, and Laura showed up, trailed by who I assume was either her mother or an assistant (didn't ask). The fans started clapping like crazy (once again, myself included), and the show-runners started running us through rather fast (since she was only scheduled for two hours that day). Due to the high volume of people, questions were mostly direct (what we were getting signed, who it was for, etc.), but she was kind enough to take pictures with any fans who requested one.

I got an 8x10 of the "Supergirl pose" signed, as well as two of my fan-made collector cards! While my meeting was fast-paced, she was very kind and polite, grinning from ear to ear. She also seemed rather interested that I'd designed those cards myself, and I forgot to give her an unsigned set of them for a gift (figured I'd mail them via the studio - hopefully she'll get them).

I'll update this thread with pics, once I get the film developed. Just wanted to share my first-ever "Smallville celeb" story; and I have to say it just once: I had a truly super time!

New In Town
    wow your lucky you got to meet her, i would love to meet her, anyway thanks for sharing your story. i wanna hear more of any members on this site meeting the stars.... especially laura

I was one of the first 30 in line, it went by pretty fast for me!

Here are a couple of photos! I had a 3 day VIP Pass and on Sunday, I just walked up and saw her again with no line!

She was awesome!

C

http://a572.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...2957ef51db.jpg

http://a251.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...b5ecac4052.jpg

Thanks for sharing the story, Moviefan. And thanks for sharing the pix, SmallvilleGirlC!! You both are extremely lucky!

I was at Wizard Tour 2004 for Erica, 2006 for Adrianne Palicki and this year for Laura. If Laura wasnt going to be there, I never would have gone.

Banned
    Congratulations.

Hopefully I will see them again when I get to Hawaii.

I finally got my camera film developed, so here's the shot of me and Laura at Wizard!

Last edited by moviefan2k4; 04-16-2014 at 11:10 AM.

WHOA MAMA!!! She looks incredibly beautiful in that pic. Well, she looks great all the time, but she looks absolutely gorgeous in that pic!! Thanks for sharing!

wow, she looks AMAZING.

Lucky you. Great pic Josh!

Banned
    Definitely a lucky person! LOL!

I might try to attend one this year, in the hope of meeting Laura... just gotta make good decisions workbased.

Here's an update, since I'd forgotten all about this page...

Laura showed up in Dallas again last year, and signed my Season 7 companion book. She was very sweet, and I got to chat with her for a few minutes, since her line wasn't chaotic like in 2007. Sadly, I didn't have a camera for new pictures, but here's a scan of the book cover...

Thanks for sharing your picture with Laura and the scan of the book cover. It's nice that you had the opportunity to meet her. I'd love to meet her myself someday.
    Last edited by Lois_Lane_Fan; 01-04-2015 at 08:44 AM.

New In Town
    Have had many encounters with Laura through many means Twitter, Instagram, cameos, live chats. She has become a great friend in these recent years, who has helped me in personal struggles of cerebral palsy. With dealing in her own of meningitis. Has sent prayer/love several times and has told ne that I inspire her in my struggles. These all have meant much. Have also gotten these from her.