Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No explanation on broken up marriages!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No explanation on broken up marriages!!!

i was hoping on this episode they would put more depth in why matt left his wife and why heidi left nathan, or at least show the leavings. i mean you can't tell me heidi left nathan because her angela said nathan was crazy. i mean after he was so supportive after the accident and she was in a wheelchair for almost a year. i just thought it would of been nice. Oh well.

Matt said in the first episode this season she was carrying his boss' child. He was right in leaving that whore.

Comment

Yeah, maybe they ran off with an old rich guy...wait, thats just me projecting my own past seriously thought, Matt seemed to have good reason to drop her, and Heidi...perhaps they full story just hasnt been told yet there.

Comment

Re: No explanation on broken up marriages!!!

Originally posted by samwinchestermustdie
        i was hoping on this episode they would put more depth in why matt left his wife and why heidi left nathan, or at least show the leavings. i mean you can't tell me heidi left nathan because her angela said nathan was crazy. i mean after he was so supportive after the accident and she was in a wheelchair for almost a year. i just thought it would of been nice. Oh well.
        I think we already know why Matt left his wife, she told him that the baby belonged to the dude she had an affair with - Matt's ex-freind. It was suggested that Matt knew that she was lying but no definate yes or no on that front yet.

Heidi and Nathan on the other hand.... That makes no sense at all. I don't think she'd leave permenatly because of the accident because Nathan clearly would have contacted her after getting healed. As of now, all we know is that she left because Nathan became a drunk. But it's possible that he kept vehemently retelling the tale of Peter being a bomb, he can fly, etc. etc., while in his drunken state that made her run and take the kids because Angela told her that crazy runs in Nathan's bloodline. Although.... all he'd have to do is take her for a flight over NYC Superman and Lois style and she'd beleive him... so yeah... still makes no sense.

Comment

It's gotta be hard for Matt to have a relationship with the power he has. I know he can turn it on and off at will, but the temptation to read your spouse's mind has gotta be hard to overcome. I know my relationship would be in trouble if my girlfriend could read my mind.

As for Nathan, I think that he is just taking some time to get his crap together. He thinks he lost both his career and Peter from that accident.

edit: grammar
          Last edited by Matro; 11-16-2007, 02:24 PM.

Comment

I think its understood why Matt left his wife. As for Nathan were still a little unsure as to why. We know some of the possible reasons for him/her leaving just not certian. They'll eventually get around to explaining it.

Comment

It also appeared that Nathan became a bit of a drunk, that may have been reason enough for Heidi to leave, especially considering the 'dark secret' talk by mama

Comment

Although, in relationships, I understand that privacy is very important, and that it is important to respect that other parties may have things that they'd rather you didn't know, I'm inclined to think that Matt's capability would allow him a degree of empathy that would be difficult to achieve otherwise. Often, I feel, our anger at others is due to our knowledge of something that they've done, said or think, but actually our incomplete knowledge of it. Matt Parkman has the potential to complete knowledge not only of the facts of what you have done, but also your motivations, and the psychological elements of you constitution, that caused those motivations. I think that although it would probably be very disconcerting, at least at first, to be in a relationship with someone who could read your mind, it could actually be relieving to have someone who understood you so completely.

Comment

It seemed implied to me that Heidi leaving him was due to manipulations by Angela. The way that the camera focused on the physical contact as she convinced Heidi to keep what she heard a secret suggests to me that she has some sort of subtle power, lower than Eden level of suggestion.

EDIT: just noticed that another thread is discussing this very thing about angela's abilities. http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/sh...threadid=82067

Comment

I also wanted to see more depth/coverage of the actual separations. Too bad I guess.

Implied is fine but I wanted to see Matt dump her, or the look of horror in his eyes when he discovered the truth about the paternity...

Matt: We're having a baby!!!

(few months later)

Matt: Ohhh. We're having someone ELSE's baby... That's much worse.

Last edited by Xanderman; 11-17-2007, 02:13 AM.

Comment

I think that trying to maintain relationships with "flatscans" while also trying to save the world would be taxing. Plus would the non-powered partner be able to continue to treat the other person normally knowing that they were not normal?

Also look at Isaac, Peter, Simone - love triangle
                      Claire & West - fiasco (mom - girls go for guys like their Dad. Noah - why coz he can fly?!) what's that all about?
                      Peter and Irish chick - she gets abandoned in [b]a[b] future, which is probably safer for her right now. Plus what woman wouldn't want to take five years off of her age?

I think that the character list was getting too much for writers.
                      (So why add all those shabby new ones I hear you cry. - It's their first time out - give 'em some slck - trial and error and all that)
                      From what I can recall the affair - which was a one off shag - was over long before she found out she was pregnant.
                      So either Matt uses a rubber with her, or she deliberatley stopped using her regular method of contraception.
                      Neither of these seem credible, so as Sherlock Holmes would say - the obvious answer is usually the correct one.

Think - if the wife was still there, there would be no Matt, Molly, Mohinder team. And I don't think Matt would take as many risks with his powers or his life with the impending arrival of his first born.

As for Nathan's wife - I think it's only down to Angela Petrelli, but I don't think she used any power on Nathan's wife. Power of persuasion by touch - then why didn't she use it on Matt in this episodes interrogation scene?

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎