Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Blue?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This episode was not all that bad, really... It wasn't terribly great, either, by any means, but I liked having Lara back, as I liked her quite a bit in her first appearance, too. Zor-El was pretty cool, too, and worked as a villiainous, slick, conniving character. The introduction of blue kryptonite was an intriguing wrinkle, but I don't get why the ring wouldn't come off Clark's finger... The Grois relationship was... meh. I totally get why Chloe felt angry and hurt about what was going on with that, even if I do really believe that Grant hadn't given Lois the job just because he had the hots for her. It was a hard transition for her to take, and I think she was very nice in the way she talked to Lois through most of their conversation. Kara's "memory loss in Detroit" plot was pretty cool, and provided a neat mid-season cliffhanger, and I'll admit, I didn't know what was going to happen in the closing scene when Jor-El warned Clark that there would be a consequence for his actions. P.S. I'm not sure I quite understand how Zor-El's eclipse thingy was going to wipe out all human life on the planet, though... I'll give this episode 8 blue kryptonite warrior rings out of 10!

Comment

• Hated this episode. The main reason is this episode portrayed Lois in a slutty way. Making out with the boss on his desk (Making out with the boss in the supply closet in Gemini) is not the way I pictured the future Mrs. Clark Kent to behave. It was almost like she was using her body to get ahead at the Daily Planet. That may not be what TPTB wanted to portray but that's just my take on the whole Lois/Grant relationship. Lois is supposed to be a smart, savvy reporter but in these episodes with Lois/Grant, she is just plain dumb. Grant is using her and she is letting him. She is even carrying on the sexual relationship secretly after being told to stop by Chloe. And to top it off he's a LUTHOR.

This just degrades her past relationship with Oliver (where love was involved) and her future relationship with Clark. If TPTB wanted to give Lois another relationship after Oliver, they should have built a foundation based on love and not just sex. You'll notice that Lois and Grant never have any conversations, they just say a few lines before making out.

If you notice in these episodes (Wraith, Blue, Gemini, etc..), Lois and Clark have very little interaction and I think this is because if Clark new what was going on he would not approve which could lead to him developing a different opinion of Lois.

Even though they are currently together (Season 10), after season 7 my opinion with having a Lois and Clark relationship changed. I am continuing to watch Smallville to the bitter end to see if TPTB tie up any loose ends (Clark being called Superman instead of The Blurr, Flying, CLark wearing the Superman suit instead of a monogrammed jacket, etc...). I'm not holding my breath because I was disappointed with the way "Lost" ended.

Comment

• Originally posted by shadow4486
        Are all of you on crack? This episode was terrible. Not the worst but pretty darn close.

Hardly any clark...lana has the devil inside...gabriel and lois (boring) and Gabriel is a Luthor. Oh, wait not just any luthor but THE "dead as a baby, Lex has been traumatized and institutionalized because of" JULIAN LUTHOR.

What are you kidding me? I've been watching from day one (as most of you) and this is the worst plot twist of any show ever. And I mean that 100% Why don't we just bring back Jonathan and Pete and, hell, while we're at it...Lana's dead parents.

I over looked Chloe's mom having blonde hair and then she's Linda Carter. I've overlooked alot but Julian Luthor is a hard pill to swallow.

That being said, I do want to see what happens to clark and kara. That, at least, was interesting.
        I couldn't agree more. Especially, the Lois and Grant relationship. TPTB made it look like Lois is sleeping with the boss to get her foot in the door of the Daily Planet. I thought Lois was smarter than this but this business of making out with Grant in his office on his desk makes her behavior appear slutty, for lack of a better word. And he's a LUTHOR.

This cheapens her past relationship with Oliver which was based on love and her future relationship with Clark. You'll notice that with all these episodes with Lois and Grant that Lois and Clark have no interaction. This is because TPTB know that Clark would not approve and his opinion of Lois' character would definitely hinder any future romantic relationship. Clark would not desert a friend but he probably would think twice about her being his soulmate.

Lois even goes so far as to keep their relationship secret from Chloe which leads me to believe she knows its wrong. How does she possibly think it's going to end? Badly of course!! So I have no sympathy for her when it does.

Comment

• Originally posted by SGuthrie27
          This episode was not all that bad, really... It wasn't terribly great, either, by any means, but I liked having Lara back, as I liked her quite a bit in her first appearance, too. Zor-El was pretty cool, too, and worked as a villiainous, slick, conniving character. The introduction of blue kryptonite was an intriguing wrinkle, but I don't get why the ring wouldn't come off Clark's finger... The Grois relationship was... meh. I totally get why Chloe felt angry and hurt about what was going on with that, even if I do really believe that Grant hadn't given Lois the job just because he had the hots for her. It was a hard transition for her to take, and I think she was very nice in the way she talked to Lois through most of their conversation. Kara's "memory loss in Detroit" plot was pretty cool, and provided a neat mid-season cliffhanger, and I'll admit, I didn't know what was going to happen in the closing scene when Jor-El warned Clark that there would be a consequence for his actions. P.S. I'm not sure I quite understand how Zor-El's eclipse thingy was going to wipe out all human life on the planet, though... I'll give this episode 8 blue kryptonite warrior rings out of 10!
          Lois may not have been sleeping with Grant to get the Daily Planet job but as Chloe said that is the way it would appear to her co-workers and I agree with Chloe. And deep down so did Lois because she chose to keep their relationship secret even after she told Chloe she didn't care what everyone else thought. This season Lois has been made to appear slutty (ie. making out on the bosses desk, making out in the supply room, etc..) Practically, everytime we see Lois and Grant together they are making out. Whatever happened to building a relationship first, such as Lois and Oliver did in season 6?

It's going to be hard for me to believe in a future romantic relationship for Lois and Clark!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
            After the great season 9 finale I visited some older episodes (and will visit more before season 10 rolls).

Season 7 is the least viewed season for me. It had a great premier with "Bizarro". Good sendoff to Lionel in "Descent". Green Arrow was in "Siren" wich is always nice. Tom Welling's directed "Apocalypse" was fantastic and got every character right.

In season 6 Clark declared that he wasn't going to run away from his destiny anymore. Agreed not the first time his said it but by capturing and defeating the phantoms from the phantom zone ("Combat" anyone?) and working alongside the Justice League in the amazing "Justice" you really were starting to believe it. In "Blue" however he declared he didn't care about any of this...just wanted his mom back...eh...Understandable, but the execution was so horrible.

First off it should have been Kara, not Clark, that let Zor-El and Lara out of the crystal (and even then don't make it so obviously a trap as it seemed to be here.) Second...there should not have been a blue kryptonite ring!! Not like that. I mean a ring that Clark cant get out of his finger?! What was that? To make it worse his own mother gave it to him (didn't know what it would do to Clark but it's all the same.)

Also I didnt buy that two kryptonians against one (Zor-El) would not win the two the match. Lara and Kara were so useless in this episode. Kara was an awesome character and a serious butt kicker, but here it doesn't show... Meanwhile we have Clark who tries to cut the ring off but cant...looking stupid...Seriously in Smallville's history...one of the worse plot devices to be created.

Only good scene in "Blue" was when Clark punched Zor-El and saved Lionel. Thats it!

I loved how they brought Jor-El back in S9. It was because of Tess (a side character) who let Clark's dad to return but also Zod (Zor-El 2.0 plot) with the kandorians. That one was done right. Any episode that makes the protagonist look stupid and doing awful mistakes isn't worth much to me. Then again thats why S7 is not my favourite. I don't know which is worse...Clark Kent playing football in S4 or him baying hay and not going out there making a difference like in S7...oh yeah...it's already S7...you know after S5 and S6 where he actually did the right decisions. Writers revolt (what's the word?) or not they should have made a better season and not give us this rerun of seasons 1-4 again...

Btw, like I didn't have enough reason to feel bad I got a huge trip of it when I saw Chloe hurt that Lois got a desk in the bullpen so fast. Really heartbreaking. I love Chloe and Lois but this episode really depicted Lois like a slut. Dating her editor and all. Dating a co-worker a'la Clark ain't so bad and it's in the Superman mythos so ...But this season ruined Lois's debut in entering the Planet completely. Thank god they didn't screw it for Clark in season 8.

I don't understand how can some people like season 7 over season 8 but I guess they dont understand Superman...
            I couldn't agree more about Lois' character. This season ruined her for me. I no longer feel, in this version of the Superman mythos, Lois' Lane is the soulmate of Clark Kent. I could understand her falling in love with Oliver because that relationship was developed and you don't always end up with the first person you fall in love with. But with Grant, their was no relationship development, it was simply about sex and she did this with a scheming Luthor. For a reporter, she never questioned Grant as to why her Lex Luthor stories were never published. TPTB ruined the final season (10) for me because now when Lois is with Clark I feel she doesn't deserve to be there. They might show him becoming Superman but the other part of Clark's destiny (soulmate to Lois) is phony.

TPTB should have left well enough alone. They should not have brought the Lois Lane character into Smallville. Smallville should have been about Clark Kent growing up and becoming Superman and then meeting Lois Lane at the Daily Planet. As it was because the show went on so long, Clark couldn't stay in Smallville forever. The show should have only lasted about 5 years because Seasons 6 and Season 7 were more like a Clark/Lana/Lex soap opera. If they wanted more, they should have spun off a sequel and called it Metropolis. Then they could have brought in Lois and other characters along with the Daily Planet and maybe they wouldn't have blemished the Lois Lane character.

What's really funny is, Lois has basically been ignoring Clark for about 4 Seasons and then without any buildup is suddenly in love with Clark (Season 8, EP "Committed"). I wonder if TPTB thought this was going to be the last season, so they tried to tie up some loose ends. And since they had another season they backtracked the Lois and Clark potential relationship by bringing Lana back for 5 episodes. For me, now I only watch episodes through "Bride" and the only episodes I watch after "Bride" is "Infamous, Hex, and Stiletto".

Comment

• That whole Grois thing is gross. No way Lois would fall for a guy more annoying than her. I'm kidding, I like Lois.

It wasn't a bad episode. I'd rather have it about Clark and a Krypton family feud than just the Clana deal. Grant and Lex's convos always came off as homoerotic, it just made me lol. Of course I was shot down in their final scene ><

Comment

• BLUE was one miiiiiiiint episode!
                Zor-El well portrayed by the actor!

Comment

• Great Episode!!!!!

Comment

• The only good thing about this ep was the EL family scenes, with Clark getting to know both Lara and Zor-El.

The rest of the ep, I hated. I hated how they portrayed Lois.... in fact everything else was just plain bad.

Comment

• Chloe: "Hey listen, little advice: until your wedding day, refrain from wearing rings of any kind!"

Me: "Actually, he should refrain from wearing a ring on that day too."

Clark has the worst luck, when it comes to rings. First he got his class ring and it turned out to be red K. Here, he got his late father's ring and it turned out to be blue K. In the series finale, his intended wedding ring will be made out of gold K.

Clark is driven by his emotions and creates a replicant of his mother... and his evil uncle. Naturally, said evil uncle is also in love with Lara. It's not a very good or interesting plot. Most likely, the whole "Zor-El loves Lara" concept was created, so the premise of this episode would work. If there was only Zor-El's DNA in the crystal, why would Clark use it, as past episodes have established that Zor-el is evil? The only way to get the story to work, was probably to put Lara's DNA in the crystal. However, that creates the problem of why Zor-El would also put Lara's DNA in the crystal? Which is what compeled them to have him be in love with her. Of course, this creates the (unanswered) questions about why Zor-El would marry and have a child with another woman, if he was so madly in love with Lara.

Not crazy about Coast City seemingly being within driving distance of Smallville and Metropolis (based on how Kara dressed and her carrying a surf board). Okay, she could've flown to Coast City, but she mentions that Jimmy was with her. Surely, they would've had gone there together.

This episode was a missed opportunity to write Kara off the show. I like her being teleported away, but it should've been more to it. Instead of her simply being teleported to Detriot. They could've had her sent 10-ish years into the future. Then have her come back for one more episode, to properly wrap everything up with the character. Clark learns what happened to her (so, he doesn't come across as a jerk for never trying to find her or wondering where she is), then she returns to 2017/2018, at the end of the episode, with the implication that she's gonna assume the Supergirl identity.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎