Collapse
No announcement yet.

About DL's Death .....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a very lame death. And it's all Nikki's fault.

Comment

I was desespointed about his death aswell.What was the point for him to survive if it was to die from a gunshot again.He should have died from the fire after saving the child's life.he would have inhaled too much smoke.That would have been more heroic death....

Comment

That lame ass death served one purpose, to make Nikki want to go get treatment. Thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by pycer
          Not only that, but why didn't Nikki grab that punk and rip him to shreds afterwards? Or do you guys think that guy will show back up sometime? They sure spent a fair amount of time on his face.
          is it possible that this is the same guy that stole claires car and got killed my sylar when he threatened to tell the police about maya and her brother?
          i dont remember what he looked like but heroes really likes to reuse people

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
            Well, they always did play that Niki wasn't 'strong enough' to handle the power so her personalities always handled it.

But I thought that would have been in the past now - since Niki overcame it and knocked Candice out (or did she) in Vol 1. Maybe it was all an illusion.....
            yeah but that should of been a breaking point. by the way also can not believe he went out like that. i liked dl last year and they make him go out like that they should have at least made him die by the hand of a hero.

Comment

Haha. At first I thought he'd die in the fire or pass out from inhaling too much smoke which would have been ok (Heroic).... but he didn't. Then i thought that maybe at some point one of Nikki's personalities would kill him but again that didn't happen...

And then comes the unexpected. What a silly death. That wasn't worth hiding from us. They didn't even need to show us. They could have just said he died in a club and left it at that.

What's more awkward is the fact that DL didn't phase to avoid getting shot.. Doesn't he ever learn. I know that he probably thought the guy wouldn't shoot but why take chances and unless phasing is painful I don't see what he had to lose. That was poorly done. The whole club scene looked nothing like what Heroes has always presented

Comment

Actually, we didn't see him die, right?
                That's quite suspicious, IMO. I am sure that has been mentioned before.

Comment

Originally posted by InLove_with_Chloe
                  Actually, we didn't see him die, right?
                  That's quite suspicious, IMO. I am sure that has been mentioned before.
                  They probably didn't want to bore us with the same scene (Nikki holding him and telling him to hold on and blah blah...)

There was a burial. Am sure that's confirmation enough.

Comment

Lol not really didn't we see Kensei's charred bones? Thoug I know his dead, not showing a death scene can indicate a lot.

Not only that though, i didn't see the episode but was there someone behind him when the guy shot at him?

Comment

Originally posted by Mello Penelo
                      DL died like a b!tch. I'd have much rather him died in Linderman's building.
                      I don't know. I was always pissed off that annoying and in bad shape Matt took four to the chest that night and lived while the bad@ss DL only got shot once while taking out Linderman and died. At least this way, DL didn't die that night while Matt lived.

And............

Originally posted by Hero66
                      Not every character can get a great death. Sometimes as a writer, you have to kill a character to push the story forward as DL's clearly did.

By making Niki responsible for DL getting blown away, that forces her to take responsibility for herself and get treatment.
                      Yeah, that too. Only something as dramatic as DL dying because of her could get Niki away from Micah and into more of the main story arc of the company business. Otherwise, as much as I liked Niki last season, many peeps didn't because her storyline didn't have much to do with the bigger arc until near the end of the season. Kind of like the Wonder Twins this season.... but unlike Niki, I DON'T like them.

Comment

Originally posted by RedPhoenix23
                        I don't know. I was always pissed off that annoying and in bad shape Matt took four to the chest that night and lived while the bad@ss DL only got shot once while taking out Linderman and died. At least this way, DL didn't die that night while Matt lived.

Remember the bullets Matt took were thrust at him with TK rather than with an actual gun. Maybe Sylar's TK didn't fire the bullets with the same velocity they'd have if it was a gun. The bullets probably didn't go too deep where as in DL's case the gun was practically held at his chest and fired.

Comment

Originally posted by kazek
                          There was a burial. Am sure that's confirmation enough.
                          Well, if he survived, then he could easily walk out of his grave. Literally.

Comment

Originally posted by InLove_with_Chloe
                            Well, if he survived, then he could easily walk out of his grave. Literally.
                            lol, can't wait to see that one

Comment

Why didn't he phase? It was really hard to tell the way the scene was shot, but the guy pulled the gun out from behind him. DL never saw it coming.

Yes it was a senseless death. Yes it served no purpose. It was a tragic death. And you know what? We need that in fiction. Those of us who watch a lot of tv/ read comics with long time recurring characters that we get attached to expect their deaths to always come about through some final self-sacrifice that saves the world. But you know what? A lot of death in the real world isn't like that. It was tragic and it was realistic.

Comment

You know what's weird is that there was no major reason for that guy to come up to DL and shoot him moreover in the open. Since when do you kill somebody for taking a girl you barely even know. All DL did was hit the punk once and that was it.
                                It wasn't that bad. Very unrealistic.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎