No announcement yet.

UK Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Thoughts

Well, I had very low hopes for this episode, but it could have been a lot worse. There's a lot of throwaway stuff here, and it's a very uninspired plot, but it was neat seeing Clark so angry. Also the fight at the end was great. It's always disappointing how Clark dispatches the villians so easily, typically through tossing them through the air or by some plot device, so it was awesome having a proper extended fight.

Lois' involvement was another highlight. Although she's always been a fun character, she's felt very irrelevent in seasons 4 and 5. She's really come into her own this year I feel.

The opener to Combat had me skaken. I could really see Clark was up against a menacing being. Kind of curious as to what the meteor freaks that went up against Titan could do. I also thought Clark's timing was very unique as he was able to stop another Zoner without being put in the public spotlight. Clever Tactics.

Comment

Like you Torgo, I wasn't expecting much from this one - I was expecting a lull after the big events of the previous episode. But yet again I really enjoyed it. Bar Wither, Static and Subterranean S6 has been very consistent. The fight scene was great and the teaser did a good job of setting up the big show down with "The Man of Steel". I still have a problem with "cool" Clark having to wear black leather - he's not the Fonze!!
      KK did very well in her scenes I thought, as did MR (but then I wouldn't expect anything less from him). It's actually quite a horrific idea that the writers are dealing with, and I really got the feeling that Lex is having trouble coping with his own deviousness (for want of a more evil sounding word). I can't wait for Nemesis. Going by the screen shots, I really hope this is a chance for Lex and Clark to see just how far they have come since early Season 3.

Comment

Was I the only one looking forward to this one?

As a lois fan, you can imagine how I felt watching her not only kick the ass of a sexy wrestler, but actually flirt with her too. Not to mention the fight with titan, after clark is knocked down she jumps on titan, she must have known she couldn't possibly win against this guy, but she tries anyway - for clark. And of course the clark vs titan showdown was awesome, clark finally had someone to fight where he didn't have to hold back.

I loved all the clark martha scenes, even more than usual. I'm glad clark is still recovering from the events of the wedding, it makes for nice continuity.

The no-more-baby plot was ok too I guess. Though after seeing her so upset at the end of promise, I didn't enjoy seeing her suffering yet another blow.

Comment

I know its quiet old, but i saw this episode on e4 ages ago,the premiere of the episode in Uk and i think the fight was cut by like 5 seconds.But i just watched it on channel 4, and the fight was only 15 seconds!I'll stick to watching Season 7 online.

Comment

I have all nine seasons on DVD and have just watched this episode. The fight scene lasts quite a long time so E4 must have cut it and Ch4 cuts it again.

It happens all the time - particularly in Pandora and other scenes like that! That is why I am glad I forked out the money for the box set.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎