Has CLANA lost their chemistry

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom seemed... bored?

Comment

After seven seasons the cast is understandably burnt out, since the start of the season they have just been phoning in their performances, and yes the chemistry between Clark and Lana is dead, if this just to cushion the blow of their final departure, or if TW and KK are justed bored, we may never know, but it is definitely gone.

Comment

I totally agree with CDLBLUE

Comment

please the chemistry is soo there!! i was feeling the Clana hottness.. finally!! STOP HATIN!

Comment

Originally posted by CLanaF23
            please the chemistry is soo there!! i was feeling the Clana hottness.. finally!! STOP HATIN!
            Chemistry is in the eye of the beholder. Just because one person sees it doesn't mean another will. And "good chemistry" just means more people see it than don't.

I can count on one hand the number of times I've felt chemistry between Lana and Clark. That's not a whole lot in 7 years. And, on a lot of those occasions, Lana wasn't even really Lana.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
              Bah, I think Welling is a very good actor who has gotten better and better each year this show has gone on. I really hate when people make blanket statements that "so-and-so" isn't a good actor, as though its not just a matter of personal opinion but instead some obvious fact.

I just think neither TW or KK can manage to conjure up much enthusaism for another Clana go-around, and I just can't really blame them. Its got to be as played out for them as it is for many of us.

TW has been terrific in scenes with other actors this season, most notably MR and LV. And KK has done very well with AM and JG. But together? They just seem flat.
              And in Cheaper By The Dozen, him saying "I wanna go home," over and over again makes good acting? That's all he did was whine. No way is that good acting.

Not to mention, The Fog was rated so awesomely bad critics have put it on the same shelf as Gigli.

Comment

Hey guys lets keep this thread about Clana chemistry not Tom's acting ability okay... play nice lol

Comment

And the thread should be called "Has CLANA lost its chemistry?" CLANA is a collective noun-- treated as singular.

It would also be correct to say, "Have Clark and Lana lost their chemistry?"

Comment

What chemistry?
                    You mean between Lana and Lex..hell yea..
                    i could see Lana felt it too!

Comment

And in Cheaper By The Dozen, him saying "I wanna go home," over and over again makes good acting? That's all he did was whine. No way is that good acting.
                      Ah yes, I'm sure you would be the authority. How many acting awards have you won?

I actually thought Tom was good in CBTD. It was a supporting role. He didn't have a lot of material to work with. He was playing a teenager unhappy with a move. The part called for him to complain, or did you miss that entirely? But I think he did fine with the role. The Fog wasn't a good movie at all, with an awful script, but he didn't do a bad job with it.

And thats my opinion. The appeal of an actor is a subjective opinion.

And I think he's awesome on Smallville. And thats what this thread is about.

You have your opinion, which I disagree with, and I have mine.

Comment

Yes, the second Lex and Lana got together the chemistry was over. There was no going back after that point. There relationship won't ever be the same.

Comment

[B]The Fog wasn't a good movie at all, with an awful script, but he didn't do a bad job with it.
                          I also think TW did pretty good in The Fog. He played a guy who isn't like Clark at all. But he's not evil or anything. He's basically a good, somewhate cocky guy who's a bit of a horndog.

I was impressed he could convincingly play someone different.

Comment

Ah yes, I'm sure you would be the authority. How many acting awards have you won?

I actually thought Tom was good in CBTD. It was a supporting role. He didn't have a lot of material to work with. He was playing a teenager unhappy with a move. The part called for him to complain, or did you miss that entirely? But I think he did fine with the role. The Fog wasn't a good movie at all, with an awful script, but he didn't do a bad job with it.

And thats my opinion. The appeal of an actor is a subjective opinion.

And I think he's awesome on Smallville. And thats what this thread is about.

You have your opinion, which I disagree with, and I have mine.
                            I don't have to have a shelf full of academy awards, to find an actor's performance unbelievable, and wooden. Actor's should be acting to entertain me, not to win an award. If an actor's performance leaves me bored, and wanting more, then it was bad, pure and simple.

Comment

I don't have to have a shelf full of academy awards, to find an actor's performance unbelievable, and wooden. Actor's should be acting to entertain me, not to win an award. If an actor's performance leaves me bored, and wanting more, then it was bad, pure and simple.
                              Correct me if I'm wrong, this is a thread about Clana chemistry, right? Not the "I hate Tom Welling and I want to bash his acting" thread? Because really, wouldn't that belong in the section devoted to specifically to the actor? Or at the very least the characer thread?

Because if this is the "I hate Tom Welling and I want to bash his acting" thread, then shouldn't it be labeled accordingly? So as not to misrepresent it?

Anyway, back to Clana chemistry...

Comment

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion like I said before ..otherwise the thread would be boring..but lets remember to keep to the subject please which is the chemistry between lana and CK ? not the acting abilitites of the actors and actresses in SV..there's no need to slander anyone please..
                                I simply wanted to see if others felt the way I did or not...I'm not hating the Clana (honestly , I'm not)
                                but I think because of everything that has happened between the 2 of them and now her recent "strange" behavior , well that maybe CLark is realizing that he didn't know Lana the way he thought he did. Remember awhile back she said to him that there were things she had done that he did not know about. That could have an impact on his feelings for her. Their relationship is based on secrets and lies, IMO that kinda relationship usually does not end well.

melloPenelo thanks for the correction ..I realized it should have been ITS after I made the thread but unfortunately it won't let me correct it
                                Last edited by WELLINGWIFE#2; 11-09-2007, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎