Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 3.06 - Red Sky at Morning

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

9/10. i actually liked bella in this one. i mean dean getting duped again was priceless.who needs a trickster when you have bella. the old broad couldn't get enough of that young stuff sammy. i was suprised there was no roofie in sam's champagne. i thought dean was gonna start blowing chunks after his car was gone. and what was wrong with the first brother, didn't he see "Dead in the Water," never go near the black water. overall great episode but gave it a nine because the special effects with the ship brothers was distracting.

Comment

omg the scariest part for me was gertie hitting on Sam ..but seriously it was a great scary yet funny epi like usual

Comment

WELLINGWIFE#2, agree with you there. sam's expressions were priceless. this was one funny episode it had a ton of great quotes but what makes the quotes so funny is the way they are said and the expressions on people's faces.

Comment

Originally posted by flying_girl
          WELLINGWIFE#2, agree with you there. sam's expressions were priceless. this was one funny episode it had a ton of great quotes but what makes the quotes so funny is the way they are said and the expressions on people's faces.
          yep. has to be the best quote filled supernatural by far.

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan26
            Dean; "Can I shoot her?"
            Sam; "Not in public."
            ------------------------------------------------------
            Bela; "Its a Hand of Glory."
            Dean; "Hey, that's what I got during my full body massage last week."
            Bela; [stunned at how good Dean looks in the tux] "We should have angry sex at the end of the night."
            Dean; "What!? Don't objectify me." [... but gleefully smirks as he walks out the door]
            Dean; [to Sam] "You stink like sex."

Jensen gets 96% of the funny lines, but man can Jared play the "slapstick comedy" bits VERY WELL. He had me cracking up, as did Dean with the lines.

I know Dean's 1-yr deal to bring Sam back is a humongoid plot, but I gotta admit... I could use a break - even if its just one episode - from the constant arguments between the brothers over it. Dean made the deal, Sam feels guilty/wants to get Dean out of it, Dean acts like he could care less and it pisses Sam off... we get it already!!

Gert/Sam scenes were comedy gold.
            Gert; "Why you're just firm all over!"
            I agree with all of this (those quotes are great!).

But I don't have the big love (heh) for this episode that you all seem to have. Like The Krip himself I have to give this one a B-. The direction should have been tighter (anyone else get bored and shout at their screen "get on with it!!!"? or was that just me? LOL) and the script, while full of great little moments was not very cohesive. The pacing could have used some work (both directioraly and writing wise.

I felt like this episode was made up of moments that they tried to string together to make a show. Those moments were good but the show itself ended up being choppy. And the ghost ship storyline itself was unmemorable and pushed so far back in the background you almost needed a spyglass to see it!

Originally posted by superhippie2000
            Is part of a quote about pirates. its something like red sky at morning sailors warning red sky at night sailors delight.
            It goes "Red Sky in Morning, sailors take warning; red Sky at Night, sailors delight." It's a superstious chant from the old sailing days (a la "Shiver me timbers") and has more to do with sailing than pirates but you were close there, Jeff!

Comment

ya close is better then completely wrong lol.

Comment

as good as this show is i'm fine with a few mistakes.

Comment

LMAO!! Just finished watching it and I have to say that it was a fun episode. I loved all the cooger stuff that Sam had to go through - I mean....I was just dying laughing. And then the snappy banter throughout the episode between Dean and Bella and then just from Dean in general - just great.

I do agree that the whole ghost ship was under used. I think the point of the episode was to re-introduce Bella and have her work with the boys again and show that she occasionally does need help. I wanted to see more about the ghost ship though and where that was going - but they only had 40+ mins [I was swearing through all the commercials I had to fast fwd through I mean it was over half the show].

Thanks for the "Red Sky in Morning, sailors take warning; red Sky at Night, sailors delight" - I like that.... I'm sure it's got a deeper meaning which I intend to look up but I like little sayings like that and finding out where they come from.

Dean; "Can I shoot her?"
                  Sam; "Not in public."
                  Bela; "Its a Hand of Glory."
                  Dean; "Hey, that's what I got during my full body massage last week."
                  Bela; [stunned at how good Dean looks in the tux] "We should have angry sex at the end of the night."
                  Dean; "What!? Don't objectify me." [... but gleefully smirks as he walks out the door]
                  Dean; [to Sam] "You stink like sex."

I agree - Dean does get like 90% of the best lines - but he can deliver them so well. And then when Sam finally has a line that's funny - it is so worth it. Like back in a previous season episode where Dean comments about how the skin from his hand is rubbed raw and Sam is like 'Im not touching that line with a 10 ft pole' or something lmao!!!

When the old lady felt Sam up and said that 'everything on him was firm' it made me laugh hard but also gave me chills. Poor Sam lol..... it was funny to see that woman all caressin' him and then rubbing his hand in the beginning - Dean's face was just awesome. Even with some minor flaws - I love this show because of Dean and Sam and they always seem to make me laugh - the material is good but the actors are what make it great or better.
                  Last edited by Ginx; 11-15-2007, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Forgot to mention another great moment from this episode: when they get back to where the Impala is supposed to be parked and they find it missing and Dean starts to hyperventilate! Love that!

Comment

• I thought it was kinda funny when the boys were posing as detectives and found Bela "interviewing" the surviving brother.

Dean "apologizes to him for having to deal with the reporter";
                      Dean; "They're like vultures." [glares at Bela over his shoulder after he says it]
                      [Bela glares back at him]

Comment

• Anyone notice when Sam is reading the summoning ritual he calls out to Castiel in it? Third word said

Comment

• I had forgotten so many parts of this episode. Dean looked awesome in his tux and then he has to get rid of his gum by sticking it under a fountain as Bella rolls her eyes.

I actually did enjoy the snappy banter between Bella and Sam/Dean.

And I forgot about how much Sam got felt up by the cougar

----- Added 21 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Whistler
                          Anyone notice when Sam is reading the summoning ritual he calls out to Castiel in it? Third word said
                          You're right, he did. He said two other names too. Aziel and one other.
                          Last edited by Ginx; 01-20-2009, 05:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• This episode was ok.Liked the plot.But i hate Bella so i wasent joyed when i saw this episode and it was a not very good filler-in episode.

Comment

• Liked this episode, and liked Bella too.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎