No announcement yet.

Who Screwed Lana up The Most With Their Lies - Clark or Lex

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hadestown
    She is crazy on some level and I agree that Lana shouldn't have been on Clark's case while she was engaged, but I still stand by what I said that it's the men in her life that pushed her to where she is, was, was in the season, whatever. People are naturally influenced by the people they live with, their faults have a good chance of becoming your faults.
    Another thing. It wasn't Lana's god given right to know Clark's secret. That his personal business. Any other man should have told her get off their back! Most would probably ban her from their lives for life.

Did Clark question her all the time? Juts thinking about the Lana character makes me want to break a window!
    Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 05-29-2011, 03:00 AM.

Comment

• Here's my observation

You have to understand Lana. Lana does not hold herself up to the same standards that she holds Clark or anyone else to. She’s unwilling to live up to her own expectations, and yet she has unrealistic expectations of everybody else around her. She expects too much. Lana hates secrets and lies, and yet she throws this “I can keep secrets, I can tell lies, but you can’t” attitude. You see this attitude mostly directed towards Clark, Lex, and Adam (but mostly Clark) most of the time on this show. Privacy laws don’t phase her much. I mean look at Adam Knight’s behavior & attitude towards Lana in Season 3, regarding privacy and personal space. See how honest and authentic Adam’s reaction to her attitude about secrets is? re watch season 3 and watch his reaction to her again. Can you tell in his reaction to Lana that he is completely turned off by her constant neediness and insecurity about honesty and trust? and gets offensive with her constant prying & intrusions into his personal space? (I know I can) and he calls her out on it, unlike Clark who doesn’t do that when he’s around her, he just lets her get away with it and not say anything about it. Lana doesn’t know how to stay out of things that don’t concern her or don't have anything to do with her. She doesn’t seem to mind her own damn business, and she believes that she is self entitled to be in the know of everything about every one all the time. Lana doesn’t let any one have their secrets, and yet she’s willing to keep her own secrets. which by the way is a double standard.

Lana shares with Lex Luthor the same self destructive and self obsessed personality, and Lana happens to be very overly obsessive about secrets and lies. Lana feels that people should be honest with her and trust her with their secrets so she can have that intimacy with them, but doesn’t feel that she needs to reciprocate the same in return and gets pissy whenever people call her out on it. Lana needs to be responsible and accountable for her own actions and reactions to dishonest people. Lana needs to take personal responsibility and emotional ownership for her own life choices and emotions, and she’s not doing that. Lana being so judgmental and blaming others for keeping secrets from her, and lying to her, when she’s keeping secrets and being dishonest herself is not helping her situation. She’s making her situation even worse by talking her relationships to death, blaming others for her feelings, and claiming that she is strong enough to handle herself, when we see her not being strong in handling herself at all in any of these situations that she gets herself into throughout this series. She’s not Lois Lane. She’s a polar opposite of Lois. Lana is the one sole person responsible in messing up her own life, no one should be taking the responsibility or the blame for messing up her life but her. Lana has free will in making her own decisions, therefore Lana has to suffer the consequences of her own actions, reactions, non actions, and choices. No one should be absorbing those consequences for her. So Lana screwed up Lana.

What you need understand about Clark,
      is that Clark is honest to a fault except for this one thing that both Lex and Lana see from their perspectives and obsess over is his one flaw, that he lies about his super powers & his origin story. Clark shows the most discomfort in being dishonest to people and his parents keep telling him he has to be dishonest, (mostly Jonathan) so he’s in very difficult position because he doesn’t want to lie. He always has Jonathan Kent always in his ear always telling him that he should lie. And he’s being influenced by his father’s fears and opinions. Clark doesn’t have a malicious intent in lying to people, even if people (mainly Lex and Lana) don’t see it that way, and the emotional pain of his secrets & lies that he inflicts on them is unintentional because we, the viewers know Clark’s secret and we are let in on that secret, when characters like Lana & Lex aren’t. So Clark doesn’t lie because he wants to, he lies because he has to for their personal safety, for his own personal safety, and for the safety of the world because he has to put that first, even if he makes very dangerous mistakes that puts people in danger on occasion. It’s up to him to take personal responsibility in putting things right again. That’s how he works, he has to base his decisions on what is best for humanity and people like Lex and Lana don’t make that easy for him. Lex and Lana have a certain tendency of blaming, criticizing, and disrespecting Clark. And yes, Clark saving people’s lives automatically doesn’t earn him trust, but Clark’s intentions are still good, and even though Clark still does all the wrong things, he still has all the right motives. So No, Clark’s lies did not screw up Lana, Clark only did what he did because he loved her and wanted to protect her, even though she didn’t want to be protected. He was only looking out for her best interest because Lana’s personal safety was and still is important to him and probably always will be important to him to the point of being overly obsessed with it when he really shouldn’t be, because Lana will always be ungrateful to him and she will never be able to make those sacrifices that he needs her to make. So why hang on to Lana? when Lana is always going be the way she is with him? I don’t see any point in that.

What you need to understand about Lex Luthor
      is that Lex lies because he was taught to lie, he was not told to lie like Clark was, and yet he hates being lied to and believes that people who lie to him has a malicious intent, or is up to something behind his back, or hiding something from him, when the person who is lying to him is lying for his own personal reasons that have nothing to do with him or about him, and he won’t see it that way. So he goes behind the person’s back in order to know for sure if he’s telling him the truth or not which is practically bad behavior on his part. So Yes, Lex’s lies did screw up Lana a lot more than Clark’s lies ever did. Lex did betray Lana like he betrayed Clark and Helen but in different ways, he violated her both physically, emotionally and mentally by drugging her with synthetic hormones, no relationship should be based on emotional blackmail or manipulation like that, any relationship of that nature is going to fail. And that kind of abuse shouldn’t have happened in the first place. Had Lana not gotten involved with Lex of her own free will on her part in the first place, that violation of her wouldn’t have taken place in the first place.

Last edited by laurarawlins; 11-13-2016, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎