Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in Wrath

This thread is for opinions & comments on the special effects seen in the episode.

Well it kind of sucked that they cut out all the x-ray vision effects from this episode.

At least we saw some special effects with that super kick Lana pulled on Clark.

Comment

well, what are they gonna show.. clark's naked body? as much as we would like it, i don't think they would do that.

but the effects of her kicking clark was cool.

Comment

The whole black ooze stuff was cool. It didn't look CG.

Comment

I didn't notice a lot...but they made up for it in great character interactions, so I don't care.

Comment

the black goo oozing was horrible in my opinion.... it was scooting! not flowing.... [SPOILER]it was cooler the first time it happened in season 5[/SPOILER]. all the Lana effects were pretty cool though

Comment

Maybe it's not strong enough to flow just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Insight
                The whole black ooze stuff was cool. It didn't look CG.
                I don't think Brainiac moving around was (completely) computer generated. It looked like some substance was pulled with magnets.

Comment

I really liked what they did with lana's heat vision in this episode. Looked great!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Magic
                    I don't think Brainiac moving around was (completely) computer generated. It looked like some substance was pulled with magnets.
                    Ditto. It looked like old school special effects from way back. The slime trail remained. If it were CGI all of it would have followed the leading end off camera.

Comment

I thought it was a great special effect, when Lana was about to electricute Lex, she had her jacket on and then when he stopped her and kissed her, she didnt have her jacket on. Great magic!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kentfamily
                        I thought it was a great special effect, when Lana was about to electricute Lex, she had her jacket on and then when he stopped her and kissed her, she didnt have her jacket on. Great magic!!!
                        That's either a continuity issue or a Wonder Woman audition.

Comment

Well, maybe it's because I'm a bit old...OR maybe because I'm a somewhat 'mature' woman who's been in an amicable and [Pardon my expressiveness...To the Young'uns : D], sexually 'healthy' marriage for many years, I have found myself confused by the SFX used in demonstration for what happened when Clark & Lana became 'intimate'. Even if they were both 'Super', HOW do the sounds of 'explosions' and 'mini' earth tremors describe Anything about them making love? How were two holes ripped through the roof of the barn? If they were caused by bursts of Heat Vision, the barn would've been set on fire. If it was supposed to be the effect from their 'physical' movement with each other, vibrations or whatever that were felt all over the county, then the barn should've crashed down around them, too. Those SFX didn't allow my imagination to envision 'Anything'! Help an 'old lady' out, please. What was it supposed to mean?? I found it to be Ridiculous...not even amusing!

Originally posted by Kal26
                          I really liked what they did with lana's heat vision in this episode. Looked great!
                          I really, really liked this episode a lot. However, Kal26, I found it a bit inaccurate for Lana to 'master' the Heat Vision Thingy so quickly, especially since Clark was 'tutoring' Kara with her inability to control her ability in "Fierce". As far as I'm concerned, IMO, Lana 'mastered' every 'super ability' too easily. It may have had to be presented that way, though, to make the story work. Sorry! I don't want to dampen your enthusiam. It was just my observation. It still stands out as one of the better episodes of the series.
                          Last edited by Imzadia; 11-14-2007, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎